Who are the Israelis?

Truth or Peace? Legislation or Arbitration? | Masei 5782

In the parasha of Masei, always read around Rosh Chodesh Av, is the only date of a yahrzeit mentioned specifically in Torah – that of Aharon HaKohen, on the first of Av.

Why is it so important at this difficult time of year to recall the life and legacy of Aharon?
Sages were already creating the solution to the problem. What is the antidote to the
causeless hatred that caused the destruction of the Second Temple?

Aharon’s legacy as the great peacemaker. Mosheh was a person of justice and truth,
while Aharon was all about peace. If Mosheh was about legislation,
Aharon was about arbitration.

Marking 8 years son’s body held by Hamas,

Goldins to march from Kfar Saba to Gaza

Family calls on public to join them in rally, says current government following path of previous ones in doing nothing to return Hadar, Oron Shaul, Avera Mengistu, Hisham al-Sayed

F190723NRF17-2-640x400.jpg

The Goldin family plans to march from their home in central Israel to the Gaza border next week, in order to mark eight years since the body of their son was taken captive by Hamas.

Hadar Goldin, the son of Leah and Simcha Goldin, was killed while fighting in the 2014 Gaza war, along with Oron Shaul. The soldiers’ bodies have been held by Hamas ever since. Leah and Simcha, who will be joined by supporters as they embark on their march next Wednesday, August 3, also call for the release of Avera Mengistu, an Israeli civilian whose family says he suffers from mental illness. Mengistu snuck under the security fence into Gaza in 2014, and he has been held there ever since.

The organizers notably left out any reference to Hisham al-Sayed, who entered Gaza under similar circumstances to those of Mengistu. Last month, Hamas released video footage of al-Sayed, claiming his health was deteriorating in an apparent effort to jump-start long-stalled negotiations for a prisoner exchange with Israel.

The march organizers say that next week’s three-day demonstration will be their latest effort to implore the government to act in order to bring home the bodies of the fallen soldiers, along with the two civilians held captive by Hamas.

“For eight straight years, Israeli governments have given up on the fighters Oron and Hadar,” organizers said in a statement. “The current government, like its predecessors, behaves with laziness and moral bankruptcy toward its own people, while every day more and more terrorists are released [from prisons], Gazan workers come in and out [of Israel], and materials needed for the reconstruction of the [Hamas] tunnel network flow like water, while the government does not use any pressure levers or sanctions to harden positions against the arch terrorist [Hamas leader] Yahya Sinwar.”

FotoJet-9-640x400.jpg

Clockwise from top left: Oron Shaul, Avera Mengistu, Hadar Goldin and Hisham al-Sayed. (Flash90/Courtesy)

Read more -
The Goldin family plans to march from their home in central Israel to the Gaza border next week,
Will Hamas set up snipers on the border and mow them down?

Caroline Glick: Where were Hamas rockets on Jerusalem Day? | Mideast News Hour

In this week’s episode of the Caroline Glick Mideast News Hour, Caroline was joined by historian Gadi Taub. They discussed the successful Flag Parade in Jerusalem in the context of the Muslim Brotherhood-dominated Israeli government, and the previous Netanyahu-led government’s decision to cancel last year’s parade in the face of mass Arab Israeli violence and Hamas’s missile offensive.

#WomenPower - Agnipath | India and Israel

Can Pakistan learn from Israel and India?

What young content creators from Israel, India, Phillipines,
Kenya, Ghana, US, UAE, Nigeria, Singapore etc
think about their future.

UAE based Journalist on India, UAE, and Israel Relations

Dr. Qamar Cheema is an Islamabad-based strategic and political analyst.

Last edited:

Samaria: Israeli Pregnant Woman Lightly Injured in Carjacking by Arabs

Police-Car-696x464.jpg

A gang of four Arab men hijacked a pregnant woman’s car and sped away with it in the Shomron on Tuesday, leaving her injured on the side of the road.

The Arabs collided with an Israeli vehicle using their vehicle near the community of Einav in Samaria. When the driver, a 29-year Israeli woman who is pregnant, stopped on the side,
the four men forcibly removed her from her vehicle and fled away with it.

Last edited:

Weirdly, Lebanon Signs Deal to Import Gas from Israel

In a much-reported move, Lebanon, Syria and Egypt signed an agreement at the Lebanese Energy Ministry in Beirut on June 21 for the provision of Egyptian natural gas to Lebanon, via Syria. According to the deal, Egypt will export 650 million cubic meters of natural gas per year to the Deir Ammar power plant in Lebanon. The gas will reach Lebanon through the Arab Gas Pipeline (AGP), which runs through Jordan and Syria.

Read more -

Apple to open development center in Jerusalem

The development center in Jerusalem will be the US tech giant's third center in Israel after Herzliya and Haifa.

1043691.jpg

Apple is expanding its operations in Israel, having announced on Wednesday it would be opening a development center in Jerusalem, Israeli business newspaper Globes reported. This will be the US tech giant's third center in Israel after Herzliya and Haifa.

While most tech giants announce the opening of new development centers through press releases in order to maximize media publicity, Apple's new development center in Givat Ram was revealed on a LinkedIn post, noted Globes.

According to the post, Apple's Jerusalem development center will focus on hardware, and chip development as part of the processor development project for Mac computers.

The decision by Apple to open a new development center in Jerusalem comes as most tech giants have slowed new recruitment.

Read more -

Getting serious about building the Holy Temple

What does the Kohen Gadol have to do with a man accused of manslaughter?

40 Years in the Wilderness Come to a Close! G-d instructs us all to chart the stations of our lives' journeys, for to travel is to grow intellectually, spiritually, and closer to HaShem.

Staying in the same place too long distances us from HaShem.

"Israel Can Stop Iran's Nuclear Program" | 100th episode of 'Gatekeeper' with Benjamin Netanyahu

We took a step back from current events to get Netanyahu's historical perspective on Zionism - historical opportunities, taken or lost; leadership and its most essential role; Theodore Herzl's vision, and the all but lost memory of Aaron Aaronsohn's role in paving the way to statehood.

(Comment)

Very insightful interview, revealing the less known causes of Ottoman defeat.
Also I don't remember ever hearing Mr. Netanyahu refer to people
as prophets, or use 'prophetic' in his lexicon.

Then again, he also wrote a forward,
to Rabbi Cherki's Noahide 'Shulhan 'Aruch'...

'Aliyah News - No'am Leibman | Tzur Israel - Phase Two

What is the real reason that Mosheh Rabbenu did not enter the Land of Israel? | Rabbi Oury Cherki

I want to tell You, I've met several years ago, a rabbi from abroad, and an important community. I asked him, 'do You encourage Your community to immigrate to the land, to do 'Aliyah?'. He says, 'look ahmmm…yes, yes 'Aliyah is important, but it has to be accompanied with a spiritual 'Aliyah'.

Angered me – what does it mean a spiritual 'Aliyah? The 'Aliyah is a spiritual 'Aliyah! And this we see in action, we see the fruits, we see the nation of Israel change, how the nation of Israel grows in glory, how the nation of Israel can also say 'wow!'…well it's..

I want to tell You several things about the Weekly Torah Portion. Don't worry it won't go beyond 2 hours, but really it's going to be much shorter. We all know this, the 'Shlah' portion is the portion of the 'Aliyah to Eretz Yisrael. And we're meeting resistance to the 'Aliyah, there're people who don't want, and not small people, the greatest in Torah, the greatest in Torah in scale of the days of Mosheh Rabbenu, oppose entering the land. This is a very strange thing, and really the classic Jewish literature dealt a lot with the question – what was the cause of this resistance?

And to say the truth – it doesn't matter. What is important is not why they resisted, rather what was the answer given to their arguments. We see in Torah, two speeches attempting to answer the words of those spies, the leaders of Israel who resisted entering the land.

The one in our portion – Calev Ben Yefuneh answers to the words of the spies. And where is Mosheh? Isn't in the portion; In the 'Devarim' portion, Mosheh Rabbenu repeats the story, and he's telling about his response, and regarding the response of Calev, he doesn't speak.

Very strange, then what really happened? Who responded to their words? Did Mosheh respond, or Calev respond? I assume they both responded. Then why are the words of Calev in one portion, and the words of Mosheh in a different portion?

So that we don't compare them!
Meaning, so that we don't do what I'm going to do now.

And the story, now ask, then why nevertheless I allow myself to do what Torah didn't want us to do? Because I've learned, a conclusion I've reached from looking into Rashi – that there's a difference between the first reading in Torah, and the second reading.

For example, the end of 'Noah' portion, Torah says – "and Terah died in Haran", Terah the father of Avraham, "and Terah died in Haran. And said HaShem to Avraham "Go forth…".

What do I understand from a shallow reading – Teah died, and then Avraham made 'Aliyah to the land. But Rashi says, if You pay attention, You see according to the number of years, that Terah was alive when Avraham made 'Aliyah to the land.

Then why did Torah tell about the death of Terah beforehand? Rashi says, so that it won't be evident to all, that left his father and made 'Aliyah to Eretz Yisrael.

So what does Rashi do? He destroys the intent of Torah, Torah wanted to hide it, and Rashi reveals! However probably Rashi wants to teach us a very important thing, there's Your first reading in Torah – the first time You meet Avraham Avinu, You're not to know he left his father, because You'll have a bad opinion, and the first impression will remain. But after You reveal who's Avraham Avinu, what great character, what his 'Aliyah to the land did, then You're willing to forgive that he left his father.

Therefore I learn, that when we read in Torah, there're two readings. So, in the first reading we see, there's no comparison between Calev and Mosheh. Now as I pass to the second stage, I want to compare the words of Calev to the words of Mosheh.

Calev, when he sees the nation of Israel afraid of the war, war is a frightening thing, a painful thing, what does Calev do – gives a motivation speech. "Let us by all means go up, and we shall gain possession of it, for we shall surely overcome it! If HaShem wants us and gave us the dwellers of this land. Their shadow has departed from them!". HaShm is with us, don't be afraid. What does he say? He says – not to be afraid. Folks cheer up – we can.

What does Mosheh say in the portion 'Devarim'?

Mosheh when he hearing the nation is afraid of the war, tells them 'don't worry, HaShem will fight for you', will do you miracles. I know Him for years, I know the Holy Be Blessed can do miracles, will do you miracles. So you have nothing to be afraid about the war.

Exactly the opposite of the discourse of Calev! Calev says that in the land of Israel you behave naturally. Mosheh thinks he is still in the desert!

In the desert there's a place for miracles, in the land of Israel it's without miracles – You have to work Yourself.

What is the response? In the portion of 'Devarim' it's written - "Not one of those involved, this evil generation, shall see the good land that I swore to give to your fathers". Meaning HaShem says they will not enter the land. "None except Calev Ben Yefuneh; he shall see it!" What is Calev doing here, we didn't even hear about him? Rather this is to say, Your discourse Mosheh, is not acceptable, what Calev said accepted.

There Mosheh adds another shocking sentence – if there're sensitive people, please go out now. He says – "Because of you HaShem was incensed with me too, saying: You shall not enter it either. Yehoshu'a Bin Nun, who attends you, he shall enter it. Imbue him with strength, for he shall allot it to Israel".

So what do I understand? That Torah, here Moshesh revealed the true reason for which Mosheh Rabbenu didn't enter the land – because he wanted a miraculous history, HaShem does for you the work. In the land of Israel HaShem doesn't do the work for you, you do the work for HaShem.

And this is what Dvorah said, it's necessary to come to the help of HaShem, not in the help of HaShem, to the help of HaShem. Now this is a very interesting thing, what do we learn from this? We learn that in Eretz Yisrael, it's not only necessary to make an effort, but something even greater – that our efforts bear fruit, our efforts succeed setting motion to history.

Last edited:

17-year-old Israeli’s mental health ‘first aid’ course draws thousands
WhatsApp-Image-2022-07-19-at-12.59.34-PM-640x400.jpeg

Ma'ayan Cohen finished regular first aid training, but noticed there wasn’t an easily accessible equivalent for psychological health

Cohen is part of LEAD – Israel Youth Leadership Development, a nonprofit that encourages teenagers to take leadership roles in society. It helped her make connections with partners, create a course and get it online.

Mental health charity ERAN supported her, and together with psychologists and psychiatrists, built a 30-hour study program. It’s currently only accessible to people who signed up for the pilot phase, but will be available to all in a few weeks, after the pilot is complete.

State of modern Israel | Lessons to learn for India

Arif Bhasha discusses how Israel developed so rapidly,

and the lessons to learn for Bhaarat, a state facing similar proxies.

India Buys The Haifa Port From Israel | What Does This Mean For The Region?

Last edited:

Tender for club to be open Shabbat closed after no bids received

1081704.jpg

Harish withdraws tender for 'Urban Country Club' with stipulation operator must be willing to open Shabbat after it receives no bids.

A tender for the establishment of an 'Urban Country Club' in the city of Harish which would be open on Shabbat was closed after no entrepreneurs submitted bids for the tender.

According to Lidor Shaked's report on the 'Harish City' website, only two entrepreneurs were interested in the details of the tender and purchased the tender brochure, but neither submitted an offer for the tender itself.

"Yafah The Policewoman" - commander at the Temple Mount
Yafah Asmara, commander of the Temple Mount visit array, continues to the next position and receives congratulations from the activists, "turned the Temple Mount
into a bright place"

Temple Mount activists, who are used to addressing her as "Yafah the policewoman",
showered her with praise and congratulated her on her new role.

The head of the Temple Mount administration Rabbi Shimshon Elboim said that "the entire nation of Israel owes her a lot. Her dedication and loyalty to the citizens on the one hand and to the police on the other hand, became an example that radiated on the area and the entire police. She will be recorded in Israeli history as one of the most significant figures in the process of Israel's return to the Temple Mount."

62e703177d6fdba8.jpg

Last edited:

Will the Temple be built this year?

Arabs fear mass ascending of Jews to the Temple Mount
on the fast of the 9th of Av.

"At the evening saying laments.
At the morning ascending to build."

62eca4bc63399c971.jpg

Last edited:

Large food factory destroyed in bombardment as Gazans face long road to recovery​

Forum List

Back