Who are some of your favorite Major League Baseball shortstops, all-time?

Everything upsets you. Why?
Everything does not upset me. People who lie and make stupid uneducated comments bother me, like Roberto Clemente was a "slap hitter", which is a ridiculous derogatory comment, if anyone cares to view Roberto's Hall of Fame career record (Hall of Fame being a pretty good indicator he was not some mediocre "slap hitter"). Roberto Clemente - Wikipedia

Some people through whatever personality flaw (probably a lack of attention) are contrarian nay sayers
that delight in saying obviously stupid things just to provoke a reaction from irritated others.

I don't understand that compulsion...the urge to piss people off. It comes from people who evidently
can't say anything that causes people to aspire and lift them up so he takes the low road because that;s
the only place he can inhabit.
Sorry, Clemente was not a power hitter
It was not his game

Clemente was great Why mince words ? Were Mays Musiel AAron greater ?
Why argue the point ? They were all great AND if TED Williams was better defensively he might be # ONE

Why argue the point ? They were all great AND if TED Williams was better defensively he might be # ONE
Most people think Williams was the best hitter that ever lived. The point is if I say I think Clemente was the best outfielder I ever saw, and someone else says something insulting, like he was a "slap hitter", then that's ridiculous disrespect for Clemente, and by extension, for me and my considered opinion.
The comment was needlessly contentious as well as being ill informed.

As our country's lock down drags on and on and on, I'm getting more and more hungry for live baseball. ANY baseball at this point, I would even watch a game of wiffle ball of players aged 80+, completely covered in protective wear. Anyway, this would be your favorites who played shortstop for their whole careers, or mostly at that position. My picks - 1) Honus Wagner, a great hitter AND great defensive player. I wish I had gotten to see him play. 2) Ozzie Smith, never much of a hitter, but he was THE best defensive player at that position, IMO. Some footage of him making seemingly impossible plays in the field is just amazing to watch. 4) Ernie Banks, although he DID play first base exclusively in his later seasons, he made his name at shortstop. And he had unbelievable power for a player at that position. 5) Cal Ripken, Jr., we all know about his incredible streak of games played, he was also very good defensively, and was a good hitter, as well. So, here are my favorites, who are some of yours?
The best defensive shortstop ever was Omar Vizquel. Mind-bogging.

The best shortstop ever (overall) was Derek Jeter.

AROD was the all around GOAT. It’s not even a debate
That’s why the Yankees moved him to 3rd base because he couldn’t beat out Jeter for SS, right? :eusa_doh:

If you are truly the “GOAT” you don’t get beat out at your position and moved somewhere else, dumb ass.

Most people think Williams was the best hitter that ever lived. The point is if I say I think Clemente was the best outfielder I ever saw, and someone else says something insulting, like he was a "slap hitter", then that's ridiculous disrespect for Clemente, and by extension, for me and my considered opinion.
The comment was needlessly contentious as well as being ill informed.
Maybe it should have read while a great hitter he wasn't known as a power hitter?

Check post #100 where I specifically commented that Mays had more power than Clemente.
That's what burns my ass when trolls rear up their ugly little heads.

Check post #100 where I specifically commented that Mays had more power than Clemente.
That's what burns my ass when trolls rear up their ugly little heads.
I read it but speed fielding and arm strength I'd go with Say Hey But that debate is for another day Clemente was a great player and more important a great man

Forum List

Back