White men shun Democrats.

eh, I'm doubting these types of reports. I don't think I know any people that voted for Obama that are moving away from democratic party.

me either. because even if they have some disagreements (which normal people do have with their party), they know that the party of palin wasn't ever going to give them anyone to vote for.

so you are saying the party of Pelosi is going too?.....i dont know Jill.....this country had better find some REAL leaders and find them quick.....because all i see happening is this big divide between peoples getting wider then i have ever seen it.....and our so-called leaders are not helping matters much....Bush had this country together for about 2 months and then fucked it all away with his Iraq agenda....and Obama and Co. are now in the process of making that canyon a Grand Canyon....i work with Democrats who were high fiving themselves when Obama won....now a lot of these same people are worried that what is going on is going to bankrupt this country....and some of these people are black....and they have gone from talking about finally one of us gets in to talking about him like he is just another lousy politician.....

I suggest you go back and look at far Bill Clinton had fallen prior to the 1994 election and compare that to where President Obama is.

btw, repeal healthcare? That's a 2/3 majority to override a presidential veto. Dream on.

we have until 2014 to do it

I don't think the Bill will go anywhere until the pending court case(s) are resolved. [That is seeing that the cases are accepted BY the courts]. I see no reason why they wouldn't be since the cases are strong on Constitutional grounds.

Looks like the Democrats are sunk in Nov and this mess called Obamacare will in fact become history when it gets repealed.

Poor dimocrats, they work so hard pissing off Americans only to get what the deserve.

It appears to me it is the Republicans who make an effort to piss people off. They're the ones shouting obscenities and throwing bricks at women, blacks, gays and liberals.

Can they win by doing this? Possibly so, even though white men are a minority. There are more women, blacks, and hispanics, etc. than white men.

Clinton won in 1996 because he tacked to the center (consistent with his 1992 campaign as a moderate Dem) - and partnered with Gingrich on reforms. It also didn't hurt that Hillarycare failed.

Obama is doing the opposite. He ran as a moderate and is becoming more and more left in his policies, despite the fact that the majority oppose them. He has led no bi-partisanship in Congress and has forced a hugely unpopular health care bill on an unwiling public.

The only thing he and Clinton have in common is they are both the First Black Presidents.

'Hillarycare' failed BEFORE the 1994 election. And it's a myth that Clinton moving to the center caused him to win in 1996. Clinton's first major act as president was to get NAFTA passed, which got more Republican than Democrat votes. He was already in the center before 96.
NAFTA was unpopular, btw, in the polls.

eh, I'm doubting these types of reports. I don't think I know any people that voted for Obama that are moving away from democratic party.

no your right....but i know many that are seemingly moving away from Obama....lots of them feel like i do....he is not a very good leader....and right now....this Country needs one.....and there are none in sight....even long range sensors cant detect one.....

There are two younger Republicans and I seem to mix them in my memory, Ryan and Cantor, who both seem smart, directed and committed.

Rubio in Florida seems like a take no prisoners conservative.

Obama is doing the opposite. He ran as a moderate and is becoming more and more left in his policies, despite the fact that the majority oppose them. He has led no bi-partisanship in Congress and has forced a hugely unpopular health care bill on an unwiling public.

Universal healthcare was something he promised from the very beginning of his campaign. Regardless of how you yourself may characterize the man, his message on healthcare has been consistent from the start. The American people had every opportunity to understand his position all the way back to 2007. The people voted for him.

'Hillarycare' failed BEFORE the 1994 election. And it's a myth that Clinton moving to the center caused him to win in 1996. Clinton's first major act as president was to get NAFTA passed, which got more Republican than Democrat votes. He was already in the center before 96.
NAFTA was unpopular, btw, in the polls.

You are proving my point. Clinton was more or less a moderate (or what passes for moderate amongst the Dems). Equating Obama to Clinton is specious. Obama is far left, and getting "leftier".

White men shun Democrats
By DAVID PAUL KUHN
First published in print: Saturday, March 27, 2010
Millions of white men who voted for Barack Obama are walking away from the Democratic Party, and it appears increasingly likely that they'll take the midterms elections in November with them. Their departure could well lead to a GOP landslide on a scale not seen since 1994.

Mobile AlertsGet school closing alerts on your mobile device.

For more than three decades before the 2008 election, no Democratic president had won a majority of the electorate. In part, that was because of low support -- never more than 38 percent -- among white male voters. Things changed with Obama, who not only won a majority of all people voting, but also pulled in 41 percent of white male voters.
Polling suggests that the shift was not because of Obama but because of the financial meltdown that preceded the election. It was only after the economic collapse that Obama's white male support climbed above the 38 percent ceiling. It was also at that point that Obama first sustained a clear majority among all registered voters, according to the Gallup tracking poll.

Read more: White men shun Democrats -- Page 1 -- Times Union - Albany NY

Looks like the Democrats are sunk in Nov and this mess called Obamacare will in fact become history when it gets repealed.

Poor dimocrats, they work so hard pissing off Americans only to get what the deserve.
With 20 million new Hispanic voters after amnesty , they wont need white males. Their hope is to make elections costly exercises in futility.

Last edited:
The "union bubbas" who voted for Obama because the Bush too the fall for the dem's engineered financial collapse (they protected Fannie/Freddie, and gave too many mortgages to the unqualified).

WTF kind of babble is this???
Skippy don't know the diff between an investment bank an deposit bank (hint skippy: investment banks are unregulated).

Thus, basic stupidity and short attention spans account for the alleged defections, there's one born every minute.

Though perhaps, having been bent over and screwed spectacularly in broad daylight once by the GOP, maybe they decided they like it, it makes them feel special.

An econ prof I had once said ratex can be summed up in Two words - "I waaaaaahhhhnt".

Last edited:
It appears to me it is the Republicans who make an effort to piss people off. They're the ones shouting obscenities and throwing bricks at women, blacks, gays and liberals.

Can they win by doing this? Possibly so, even though white men are a minority. There are more women, blacks, and hispanics, etc. than white men.

thats pretty funny....Pelosi tells jokes i guess....
and white guys might be a minority in number.....but guess who has the most money....and that is what attracts power.....

Universal healthcare was something he promised from the very beginning of his campaign. Regardless of how you yourself may characterize the man, his message on healthcare has been consistent from the start. The American people had every opportunity to understand his position all the way back to 2007. The people voted for him.
what message?....that you will get it whether you like it or not?.....the speaker tells us if you want to know whats in it you have to let us pass it....im supposed to be excited about that?....thats the message....let us pass it then you will see what you get....hey im impressed with how he communicates and leads.....

White men shun Democrats
By DAVID PAUL KUHN
First published in print: Saturday, March 27, 2010
Millions of white men who voted for Barack Obama are walking away from the Democratic Party, and it appears increasingly likely that they'll take the midterms elections in November with them. Their departure could well lead to a GOP landslide on a scale not seen since 1994.

Mobile AlertsGet school closing alerts on your mobile device.

For more than three decades before the 2008 election, no Democratic president had won a majority of the electorate. In part, that was because of low support -- never more than 38 percent -- among white male voters. Things changed with Obama, who not only won a majority of all people voting, but also pulled in 41 percent of white male voters.
Polling suggests that the shift was not because of Obama but because of the financial meltdown that preceded the election. It was only after the economic collapse that Obama's white male support climbed above the 38 percent ceiling. It was also at that point that Obama first sustained a clear majority among all registered voters, according to the Gallup tracking poll.

Read more: White men shun Democrats -- Page 1 -- Times Union - Albany NY

Um, white men are a decreasing demographic. Just thought you might want to know.

Forum List

Back