White House vows action on gun violence in late-night statement, says 'thoughts and prayers' not enough

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
IMO the vast majority of gun violence always has been and always will be a social issue. If you deal with the underlying social issues in a nation, gun violence will decrease.

We banned the sale of guns, made it basically illegal. Gun violence is in the news everyday here in Canada. If politicians believe gun laws alone will curb gun violence, they should demand police be disarmed since the strict laws will protect them.

We all know gun violence comes from illegal sourced weapons.

The White House said late Tuesday night that President Biden would do everything within his power to reduce U.S. gun violence, emphasizing that thoughts and prayers alone will not resolve the issue

In a statement, White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said Americans have been "scarred by the devastating impacts" of recent gun violence.

She cited several instances of gun violence that made news headlines the last couple of days, including a gunman shooting two Newark, New Jersey, police officers from the roof of a building, rap artist Takeoff being killed in a shooting in Houston and 14 people being shot and injured in Chicago.

IMO the vast majority of gun violence always has been and always will be a social issue. If you deal with the underlying social issues in a nation, gun violence will decrease.

We banned the sale of guns, made it basically illegal. Gun violence is in the news everyday here in Canada. If politicians believe gun laws alone will curb gun violence, they should demand police be disarmed since the strict laws will protect them.

The White House said late Tuesday night that President Biden would do everything within his power to reduce U.S. gun violence, emphasizing that thoughts and prayers alone will not resolve the issue

In a statement, White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said Americans have been "scarred by the devastating impacts" of recent gun violence.

She cited several instances of gun violence that made news headlines the last couple of days, including a gunman shooting two Newark, New Jersey, police officers from the roof of a building, rap artist Takeoff being killed in a shooting in Houston and 14 people being shot and injured in Chicago.
Sounds like all those shootings happened in Democrat stronghold cities.

Want to get rid of gun violence then some important questions need to be asked to do it. Just getting rid of guns won't solve anything because the people who want to hurt other people are still here, the criminals still exist.

1 - why does a country like Switzerland with gun ownership that rivals America's have the lowest violent crime in Europe? What is different about their society than ours?

2 - decades ago gun crime was a lot lower. What has changed in our country since then? I mean gun laws have only gotten stricter so why has gun violence increased? What is different in our country and society from then to now?

Yep, the communists taking over the government want to confiscate our guns so they can subjugate us.

It always goes that way.

Ask the Cubans and Venezuelans who see the Dems as communists.

Given the "rue-rue" they are about to take, much of it due to increased crime at their hands, you would think that they would STFU about it.

It's like I've said all along.....The dems will double down on stupid till 1/25.
You know, rational people realize when something isn't working and say "Hey, let's stop this and try a different approach."

Not Democrats, though. I've seen them octuple down on the same failed crap time and time again.

Now what they do try different approaches at is disarming Americans. They never stop with creative inroads for that shit.

Z1pJH83.jpg

Just a friendly reminder -- now that the seasons for vacationing and harvesting crops are over, it's time to slip in a little extra range time.
Still too hot here. :(

Unusually hot for this time of year. Gettin' a range trip together is like herding cats. :102:

I'm guilty of wanting to do/having something else to do on the weekend just like everyone else is.

Range trips require prepping the day before.

Last edited:
Just a friendly reminder -- now that the seasons for vacationing and harvesting crops are over, it's time to slip in a little extra range time.
ML season starts this coming Saturday in my AO so I went down to my range last week (happiness is your own range) and sighted in a couple ARs and .22s I'd been putting off after a morning squirrel hunt.

I won't mess with it anymore till after rifle season 'cause I let the guy that keeps part of it mowed for me deer hunt down there. I get it mowed for free and he gets to fill his freezer. ;)

I saw a powerful high-racked 10-point buck chasing a doe when I was squirrel hunting that morning. Looked to be 17"-18" inside spread.

LOL....Hell, I was putting the bird feeders out this morning and there was a young-8-point chasing a couple of does though the yard.....It's time!

I don't deer hunt anymore but it still gets my blood up. :)

Want to get rid of gun violence then some important questions need to be asked to do it. Just getting rid of guns won't solve anything because the people who want to hurt other people are still here, the criminals still exist.

1 - why does a country like Switzerland with gun ownership that rivals America's have the lowest violent crime in Europe? What is different about their society than ours?

2 - decades ago gun crime was a lot lower. What has changed in our country since then? I mean gun laws have only gotten stricter so why has gun violence increased? What is different in our country and society from then to now?
We can't say. The answer is racist.

ML season starts this coming Saturday in my AO so I went down to my range last week (happiness is your own range) and sighted in a couple ARs and .22s I'd been putting off after a morning squirrel hunt.

I won't mess with it anymore till after rifle season 'cause I let the guy that keeps part of it mowed for me deer hunt down there. I get it mowed for free and he gets to fill his freezer. ;)

I saw a powerful high-racked 10-point buck chasing a doe when I was squirrel hunting that morning. Looked to be 17"-18" inside spread.

LOL....Hell, I was putting the bird feeders out this morning and there was a young-8-point chasing a couple of does though the yard.....It's time!

I don't deer hunt anymore but it still gets my blood up. :)

Sweet!

Gun deaths are a nothing burger....but it makes the Gubberment happy knowing the citizens can't fight back.

Here's the real killer:

20% of deaths are caused by alcohol.

Fentanyl deaths vastly outnumber gun deaths in the 18-to-45 age range, but the leftist vermin refuse to even talk about this.

When will the gub'mint stop the Chinese fentanyl pouring across the border?

Nov 8 can't come soon enough.

The hurt is barreling down the tracks at those who are killing young people with fentanyl.

:)

Democrats have caused this gun violence. They can harp about it all they want but as long as they refuse to enforce our laws, crime will only get worse. Criminals love these progressive Democrats.

He has no power to reduce gun violence, and if he did, he would not use it.
See, people, not weapons, cause violence, so the only way to reduce violence is address the people who commit it.

The problem is not the guns, it's law enforcement. It's like trying to blame a car for speeding down the highway instead of blaming the driver.

These people hire or elect soft on crime DA's and prosecutors and then blame guns for all the crime they have to deal with. Or (like in NYC) they make it so difficult to obtain a license to carry that most won't even attempt it. Then the criminal element knows that their victims are unarmed, or that the state laws are written in their favor.

Look at that bodega worker in NY. The old guy was trying to defend himself and killed the attacker, so they arrested the victim. When criminals have that kind of assurance on their side, they know nobody will even fight back against them.

Forum List

Back