White House removed POW/MIA flag. Veterans angry

pyetro

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2019
As if Trump wasn't already in trouble with veterans due to his antipathy towards them, now this is in the news:
With the country about to commemorate National POW/MIA Recognition Day on Friday, some New Hampshire veterans and political leaders are asking why the POW/MIA flag was removed from atop the White House earlier this year.

“Why would they do this?” asked Bob Jones, president of Northeast POW-MIA Network, which for 33 years has held a weekly vigil in Meredith to remember American service members who were taken prisoner or missing in action.

Jones learned Thursday that the black POW/MIA flag was removed from atop the White House in June. “I’m so angry now, I’m just beside myself,” he said Friday.

Jones has been a supporter of President Donald Trump, but he said, “Nobody messes with the POW flag.”

Ya got him this time.

Trump is toast

Cancel the election!
Two comments and Trump supporters haven't addressed the issue.
It shows you how difficult it is to justify Trump's actions regarding veterans.

Ya got him this time.

Trump is toast

Cancel the election!
No, no............seriously, nice job.

No way Trump recovers from this.

Keep up the good work.

I thought Obama replaced that with a Rainbow flag long ago.
Obama was the President responsible for flying a POW/MIA flag over the White House.

Obama was the President responsible for flying a POW/MIA flag over the White House.

Really?

" The flag’s message is spread through its visibility. The POW/MIA flag has flown over the White House on National POW/MIA Recognition Day since 1982. With the exception of the American flag, the POW/MIA flag is the only flag to fly over the White House and fly continually over the Capitol’s rotunda. "

Wrong, but Barry has the distinction of gaying up the WH (in more ways than one)

1600029013150.png

As if Trump wasn't already in trouble with veterans due to his antipathy towards them, now this is in the news:
With the country about to commemorate National POW/MIA Recognition Day on Friday, some New Hampshire veterans and political leaders are asking why the POW/MIA flag was removed from atop the White House earlier this year.

“Why would they do this?” asked Bob Jones, president of Northeast POW-MIA Network, which for 33 years has held a weekly vigil in Meredith to remember American service members who were taken prisoner or missing in action.

Jones learned Thursday that the black POW/MIA flag was removed from atop the White House in June. “I’m so angry now, I’m just beside myself,” he said Friday.

Jones has been a supporter of President Donald Trump, but he said, “Nobody messes with the POW flag.”

Seriously? Orange administration picking fights with Vets? It's like they're begging to lose.

Wrong, but Barry has the distinction of gaying up the WH (in more ways than one)

View attachment 388249

Seriously? Orange administration picking fights with Vets? It's like they're begging to lose.
Obama didn't remove the POW flag.
Your leader did.

Whose MIA? Nam ended about 50 years ago making any POW's from there 70, 80, 90? Pretty sure none of them are alive.

Ya got him this time.

Trump is toast

Cancel the election!
Take it from this veteran, there is no issue, other than some people’s TDS.

What is the White House supposed to do, keep the POW flag up there indefinitely?

Are you flying a POW flag at your house?

Ya got him this time.

Trump is toast

Cancel the election!
Take it from this veteran, there is no issue, other than some people’s TDS.

What is the White House supposed to do, keep the POW flag up there indefinitely?

Are you flying a POW flag at your house?
Pretty sure the KKK flag and Transgendered flag flies above his double wide.

Let me get this straight?
The looney liberals hate the American flag and want to stomp on it and burn it.
But now they are outraged the patriotic POW/MIA flag, that's usually flown next to the American flag, has been taken down at the White House.
Go figure. ... :cuckoo:

Last edited:
Obama was the Presid

Really?

" The flag’s message is spread through its visibility. The POW/MIA flag has flown over the White House on National POW/MIA Recognition Day since 1982. With the exception of the American flag, the POW/MIA flag is the only flag to fly over the White House and fly continually over the Capitol’s rotunda. "

Obama. like other presidents flew the POW/MIA flag on National Recognition Day. He added Memorial Day weekend for the Rolling Thunder POW/MIA Rally and it remained until Trump's discourse with McCain.

Obama was the Presid

Really?

Obama. like other presidents flew the POW/MIA flag on National Recognition Day. He added Memorial Day weekend for the Rolling Thunder POW/MIA Rally and it remained until Trump's discourse with McCain.
And Obama held National Prayer Day.

Obama was the Presid

Really?

And Obama held National Prayer Day.
That's Barry with his skirt hiked up.....

1600030489712.png

Forum List

Back