White guilt complex

THe shill deflections are so obvious. Tick tok shill.
Keep trying goofy ass. You are very amusing. :laugh:
And you are a liar.
Says the goofy ass guy that cant read and lies about it.
laugh.gif
Shill rule #1. Never stop lying.

I'm trying to understand this, could some of you chime in. I've seen it from both the left and right, so I wonder is it cultural or could it be biological? I'm not taking a shot at anyone, my father was white. My father loved history, I never heard him apologize for the sins of other whites. Why all the guilt?
It's cultural and it's clearly very powerful. It also appears to be irreversible for the most part.
No, it's political. Those of us on the right don't share your guilt. Sorry.
What guilt? Slow down and think for a change, you misunderstood my point.
Your point was that it's cultural and my point was you're full of shit. Read that until you get it.
Decaf, seriously.

Are you like this in real life?
Head out of ass. Try it sometime. I'm sure you go through life that way. Seriously.

It's cultural and it's clearly very powerful. It also appears to be irreversible for the most part.
Your point was that it's cultural and my point was you're full of shit. Read that until you get it.
Decaf, seriously.

Head out of ass. Try it sometime. I'm sure you go through life that way. Seriously.
You're cute when you're pissy.

Which is pretty much all the time.

:laugh:

Decaf, seriously.

You're cute when you're pissy.

Which is pretty much all the time.

:laugh:
You make statements you can't back up then try to turn it around on me. Like a woman.

I'm trying to understand this, could some of you chime in. I've seen it from both the left and right, so I wonder is it cultural or could it be biological? I'm not taking a shot at anyone, my father was white. My father loved history, I never heard him apologize for the sins of other whites. Why all the guilt?
Why would he apologize for the sins of other whites? Did he help them?
I was trying to give an ex. If then n now but I c now my ex. Was kinda poor
I dont think most white people feel any guilt. Even the ones that are not racist and fight against racism dont act like they had something to do with it.
Again I can c my example was extremely poor. i was trying to show a Comparison of how people think then and now. I guess our exsperiences are different don't know but ive talked to several white people with this guilt complex. Im not saying the feeling is real or not, it could be all show, that's what I'm trying to find out

White people feel guilty for all of the following:
1) colonialism
2) enslaving blacks
3) nazism
4) destroying the planet
5) being successful, and successful people will always feel a little guilty

And should white people feel guilty? Well, that's up to them to decide.

White people feel guilty for all of the following:
1) colonialism
2) enslaving blacks
3) nazism
4) destroying the planet
5) being successful, and successful people will always feel a little guilty

And should white people feel guilty? Well, that's up to them to decide.
I freed all my slaves, felt bad after getting drunk and whipping them so hard. Hung up my Nazi uniform and traded in my Ford F350 on a Nissan Leaf. I think I have evolved!

I dont think most white people feel any guilt. Even the ones that are not racist and fight against racism dont act like they had something to do with it.
Again I can c my example was extremely poor. i was trying to show a Comparison of how people think then and now. I guess our exsperiences are different don't know but ive talked to several white people with this guilt complex. Im not saying the feeling is real or not, it could be all show, that's what I'm trying to find out
When you say they have a guilt complex what are they saying they feel guilty for?

When you say they have a guilt complex what are they saying they feel guilty for?
How Natives were and still are treated today. Most apologies come from white females but all the apologies have come from younger adults. Its never been out of nowhere like ur exspierience probably because i look like a really tan white boy. Either after I get to know them or having a convo is usually when they apologize.

How Natives were and still are treated today. Most apologies come from white females but all the apologies have come from younger adults. Its never been out of nowhere like ur exspierience probably because i look like a really tan white boy. Either after I get to know them or having a convo is usually when they apologize.
White females in my experience are very helpful due to racism but I have never had one apologize for other white people in the past. My daughter says one of the white guys in her class stood up in class and said how fucked up the white race was because of the past but even he didnt give an apology.

Obviously cultural. A hundred years ago you'd be hard pressed to find it at all. People tend toward tribalism, and so as it becomes more widely acknowledged that, in the US for instance, minorities have historically faced a lot of oppression, it is a predictable side effect that those who both accept this acknowledgement and, consciously or subconsciously, view themselves as a part of the white "tribe" as opposed to an individual, are going to feel guilt. White guilt is essentially the intersection between group think, sharing roots with a dominant culture, and living during a point in time when most of the world is just starting to universally reject violence and oppression, at least in rhetoric.

The only White Americans who have cause to experience guilt feelings related to mistreatment of Blacks are those who directly and consciously participated in the mistreatment. Speaking for myself, slavery had been abolished long before my grandparents arrived in America and took up residence in Brooklyn, New York, where Jim Crow policies were unknown.

Actually, at that time there were very few Blacks living in the New York area. Those who did were content to inhabit their own communities but there was none of the rigidly enforced segregation which was common in the Southern states. Back then, Brooklyn was voluntarily divided into ethnic communities. Italians lived in Bensonhurst, Irish in Park Slope, Nordics in Bay Ridge, Jews in Flatbush and Blacks in Bedford/Stuyvestant. My lineage is German/Dutch and we lived in a primarily Italian part of the Waterfront, where we got along okay but never felt fully accepted.

The first time I experienced the active effects of Jim Crow was in the whistle-stop "town" of Yamasee, South Carolina, on the way to Parris Island in 1956. It occurred in the form of "White" and "Colored" signs over the rest rooms and drinking fountains in the whistle/stop bus/train station and it had a pronounced cooling effect on what had become a friendly relationship between the Whites and the small group of Black Marine Recruits on the way to boot camp.

I could say a great deal about that experience but there is no room for it here. What I will say is it did invoke a vague feeling of embarrassment and guilt because of the unavoidable awareness that these Black recruits had enlisted to risk their lives in defense of a Country which barred their use of the same toilet Whites could use. But those were purely subjective feelings. Objectively I was, and I am, clearly aware that I had nothing to do with inventing or imposing those restrictions, nor would I go a step out of my way to enforce them.

Where race-based repression of Black Americans is concerned I have absolutely nothing to feel guilty about. But there seems to be a lot of Whites who are troubled with guilt feelings about racial issues. I suggest these feelings derive from a pre-conscious racist disposition toward Blacks.

There is no guilt by the majority, in my opinion. It is the non-whites who chose to throw that phrase around, as if by suggesting it, white guilt will exist.

White females in my experience are very helpful due to racism but I have never had one apologize for other white people in the past. My daughter says one of the white guys in her class stood up in class and said how fucked up the white race was because of the past but even he didnt give an apology.
What's with the myth that white women are incapable of being racist? I've noticed that black guys always come to their defense. White women are treated like the most innocence little fragile thing on the planet.

What's with the myth that white women are incapable of being racist? I've noticed that black guys always come to their defense. White women are treated like the most innocence little fragile thing on the planet.
White women are absolutely capable of being racist. Personally I have never had to deal with one that I know of and I have actually had them help or attempt to help me. Dont get it twisted though. I would never be where I am now if not for my beautiful Black queen.She has propped me up during the tough times and been indispensable in keeping me focused and on the right track.

Forum List

Back