Which President was/is more of an environmentalist... Obama or Trump

All it does is replace one big spill with dozens of smaller ones and bring them inshore.

So let me get this straight. You believe an offshore spill like Exxon Valdez.. is equal to "dozens" of smaller ones onshore. Right?

FACTS:
From this source: List of oil spills - Wikipedia
I took the time to identify (S) - Sea/rivers (L) Land- trains/trucks, (P)- pipeline spills.
FACTS: in the USA since 1907 there has been 2,492,681 MAXIMUM tonnes to spill of which 0.6% or 14,881 tonnes from PIPELINES.....
So your guess "equal to "dozens"..... of small ones?
Well it actually takes the Exxon Valdez tanker was 104,000 tonnes and All Pipeline spills have been 88 or an average of 169 tonnes which would then
take 615 pipeline spills (remember there were only 88 in the first place!!!) to equal ONE 104,000 tonnes Exxon Valdez spill.
That would actual then mean 51 "dozens" of pipeline spills to equal ONE Exxon Valdez spill.

Again FACTS folks...
700 barrels traveling one mile through the Keystone pipeline that joins more than 185,000 miles of liquid petroleum pipelines, nearly 320,000 miles of gas transmission pipelines, and more than 2 million miles of gas distribution pipelines to safely and efficiently move energy and raw materials to fuel our nation's economic engine. www.pipeline101.org/why-do-we-need-pipelines
The Keystone with 16 monitors per mile of the 1,179 mile route.. OR one monitor every 100 yards and Keystone XL will use satellite technology to monitor 20,000 data points on the pipeline’s operating conditions.
http://keystone-xl.com/facts/myths-facts/#sthash.s5b7zRTS.dpuf

But again... what do the facts have to do with the ignorance of the MSM that continues to push a totally false story regarding Keystone, etc.

View attachment 224093
Yes, it adds up to more. A tanker spill is a big flashy meadia event because they spill hundreds of thousands of barrels a of not more all at once. Pipeline leaks rarely make the news because they are smaller and affect less area/wildlife/people at once. But o er time the pipelines do more damage.

You know I just don't understand how people like you can totally ignore the facts!
The facts are over time the pipelines DON"T do more damage because the FACTS are there are in the USA alone only 14,881 tons of oil spilled since 1907.
Versus 2,288,448 tons spilled on the seas by tankers and barges on rivers.

Explain to me how 14,881 tons of oil can over time do more damage than 2,288,448 tons of oil? Just how is that possible?

pipelinetankeroilspills102218.png

Forum List

Back