Which is more important to you, human life or your guns?

A simple question.

Yesterday 26 people were shot and killed, some of them kids.

Life is going down the drain for lots of people in the US due to guns.

Which would you prefer, to keep your guns or to keep your life?
My guns, so I can keep my life. Thanks.

But so other people die.

Which is better.

The UK where the murder rate is 1/4 of the murder rate of the US, where you're not going to die, and where others don't die

Or the US where the murder rate is 4 times higher, and you need a gun to protect yourself and where others are dying much more than the UK and where you're more likely to die? But you have a gun.
No one is dying because I happen to own firearms but you don't get that do you?
100,000 people shot in the USA every year. How many were by a good guy with a gun saving lives?

Who gets shot because I happen to own firearms?

And most likely those people were shot by people who were not legally able to possess firearms so again I ask, what does any of that have to do with the fact that I legally own firearms?

No, the problem here is that you're making something illegal but you don't have borders.

So people will do illegal things, even though they're illegal?

I guess your plan to make guns illegal won't work.

Which is, again, ridiculous.

In the UK gun laws are stricter, this doesn't mean people will all do things that are illegal.

In fact when it comes to guns, when they're in SHORT SUPPLY, when they're a valuable item, people use them less. In the US getting a new gun just isn't that difficult.

But you don't want to know the truth, do you? Every time someone says something you have a little sound bite from the Kochhead brothers that tells you what to say.

So, what do you say now? What does the book say you have to say?

In the UK gun laws are stricter, this doesn't mean people will all do things that are illegal.

Americans don't all do things that are illegal.

Well done, and what?

Pointing out silliness in your posts.

Dude, you have a tendency of talking nonsense. It's boring.

A simple question.

Yesterday 26 people were shot and killed, some of them kids.

Life is going down the drain for lots of people in the US due to guns.

Which would you prefer, to keep your guns or to keep your life?

But so other people die.

Which is better.

The UK where the murder rate is 1/4 of the murder rate of the US, where you're not going to die, and where others don't die

Or the US where the murder rate is 4 times higher, and you need a gun to protect yourself and where others are dying much more than the UK and where you're more likely to die? But you have a gun.
100,000 people shot in the USA every year. How many were by a good guy with a gun saving lives?

And most likely those people were shot by people who were not legally able to possess firearms so again I ask, what does any of that have to do with the fact that I legally own firearms?

They claim they just want to keep guns way from people who shouldn't have them, but their proposals just make it more difficult for law abiding people to get and own them.

That dad wouldn’t have had a gun to protect their lives if democrats had their way.

And is that how people want to live? Like I said, it's like being outside of society, in the wilderness, afraid of things. Society is supposed to be about protection, instead society is attacking.

One of the largest concepts of a proper Society is Personal Responsibility. That includes taking responsibility for those under your care (in your home, at yoir business, etc...). That' why the only places I willingly go unarmed are places that provide armed and trained security.

Yes, it is. The problem here is that the people who shout out "personal responsibility" will then love collective responsibility when it comes to Muslims.

When a Muslim attacks, ALL MUSLIMS attack.

When a white guy attacks, it's only the white guy.

Right?

I feel sorry for you that you feel so much in danger in your daily life that you need to be armed all the time.

But so other people die.

Which is better.

They claim they just want to keep guns way from people who shouldn't have them, but their proposals just make it more difficult for law abiding people to get and own them.

You do realize that if it's easy for "law abiding people" to get guns, it's easy for everyone else to get one, therefore it's pointless.

And is that how people want to live? Like I said, it's like being outside of society, in the wilderness, afraid of things. Society is supposed to be about protection, instead society is attacking.

One of the largest concepts of a proper Society is Personal Responsibility. That includes taking responsibility for those under your care (in your home, at yoir business, etc...). That' why the only places I willingly go unarmed are places that provide armed and trained security.

Yes, it is. The problem here is that the people who shout out "personal responsibility" will then love collective responsibility when it comes to Muslims.

Right?

I feel sorry for you that you feel so much in danger in your daily life that you need to be armed all the time.
Would you agree the dad was lucky to have gun?

So people will do illegal things, even though they're illegal?

I guess your plan to make guns illegal won't work.

In fact when it comes to guns, when they're in SHORT SUPPLY, when they're a valuable item, people use them less. In the US getting a new gun just isn't that difficult.

But you don't want to know the truth, do you? Every time someone says something you have a little sound bite from the Kochhead brothers that tells you what to say.

Well done, and what?

DERP!

Well done, and what?

DERP!

Ignore list. Bye....

You need to learn to get through a post without insulting.

But so other people die.

Which is better.

You do realize that if it's easy for "law abiding people" to get guns, it's easy for everyone else to get one, therefore it's pointless.

It was impossible for law abiding people to own guns in Chicago for decades.
Criminals still managed to murder hundreds with guns, every year.

Well done, and what?

DERP!

Ignore list. Bye....

You need to learn to get through a post without insulting.

Golly, how sad for me. Moron.

But so other people die.

Which is better.

Let's be realistic here. There are simply too many guns available right now to make any grab successful. If you make it harder for the law abiding to get guns, you won't really make it much harder for criminals to get them.

Let's be realistic here. There are simply too many guns available right now to make any grab successful. If you make it harder for the law abiding to get guns, you won't really make it much harder for criminals to get them.
Gun grabbers don't CARE about illegal use of or ownership of firearms, they want to disarm law abiding citizens and they want it done to bolster their liberal party ability to take other rights and make us all slaves to their requirements.

We're talking about two totally different things. I'm talking about being prepared to defend oneself. You've now brought up offensive, criminal actions which are totally different.

Additionally, there is a major difference you've either missed or chosen to ignore...

The vast majority of Muslim attackers have directly referenced their religious beliefs either in their actions or their writings related to the attack. Whereas very few (Dylan Roof being the largest exception) of the white attackers have referebced race as a major factor in their actions.

Obviously in either case, the deeper motives of the criminal need to be explored by law enforcement, but the obvious, outward connections seem to be readily apparent in many cases. That's not an acceptable reazon to ban a religion, but it is a reason to apply greater scrutiny to people espousing the more radical of thst religion's viewpoints.

It is far better to be armed and prepared for something thst likely will not happen thsn to be unarmed when that unlikely event does happen. It' not about fear, it's about being prepared.

Last edited:

Right?

Such is the bigotry common to most on the right, the classic hasty generalization fallacy.

Individuals alone are responsible for their actions, not the religion they claim to belong to; and the actions of a few are not ‘representative’ of an entire religion.

This applies as much to Muslims as it does Christians.

Yes, I agree.

However to be even more realistic, the present situation in the US is a "can't do" situation. Governments and political parties more interested in their own careers than in solving any problems, voters being told what to think on a daily basis. There's no way anything's changing. There could be a massacre of 20,000 people with guns by non-Muslims and nothing would change.

We're talking about two totally different things. I'm talking about being prepared to defend oneself. You've now brought up offensive, criminal actions which are totally different.

Additionally, there is a major difference you've either missed or chosen to ignore...

The vast majority of Muslim attackers have directly referenced their religious beliefs either in their actions or their writings related to the attack. Whereas very few (Dylan Roof being the largest exception) of the white attackers have referebced race as a major factor in their actions.

Obviously in either case, the deeper motives of the criminal need to be explored by law enforcement, but the obvious, outward connections seem to be readily apparent in many cases. That's not an acceptable reazon to ban a religion, but it is a reason to apply greater scrutiny to people espousing the more radical of thst religion's viewpoints.

It is far better to be armed and prepared for something thst likely will not happen thsn to be unarmed when that unlikely event does happen. It' not about fear, it's about being prepared.

I understand what you're talking about, however you're trying to pretend there isn't a link between being able to defend yourself with a gun, and criminals being able to get guns to use them.

I understand what you're talking about, however you're trying to pretend there isn't a link between being able to defend yourself with a gun, and criminals being able to get guns to use them.
Just a quick reminder.... In Great Britain it is absolutely ILLEGAL to own possess or use a hand gun or rifle with out specific authority from the Government. YET since the ban firearm offenses have gone UP not down murders with firearms has gone UP not down. Making firearms illegal only serves to disarm law abiding citizens it does not effect criminals at all. Further England is an Island with NO land borders with anyone else. They can not stop the smuggling of firearms but you want to pretend the US with a porous border with Mexico where THOUSANDS of people slip across yearly illegally can ban firearms some how confiscate all the criminals firearms and then keep out illegal firearms. I need what ever medication you are taking to actually believe this crap.

THTS not MY problem. THAT is a problem for the criminal justice system to deal with. Preferably by executing criminals rather than slapping them on the hand and turning them back out into Society.

Forum List

Back