Which Deal Would You Take?

Which Would You Choose?

• WEALTH. (BUT poor health and unattractive)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HEALTH. (BUT low-moderate wealth and unattractive)

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • GOOD LOOKS. (BUT average health and little to no wealth)

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
By choosing wealth, it allows anyone fix whatever problem that person may have, like poor health and being unattractive or whatever.

you can't use one to further the other. it said that in the OP.

homer-simpson-doh.gif

Meh, this would make more sense if you put health and looks together because they kind of go hand in hand. I guess it depends on what ails you, but if you don't feel very well, you aren't going to be looking your best anyway.

True, but there were varying degrees in the choices.....
e.g. GOOD looks and "average health"... not necessarily bad, I wanted to expand more but didn't want to make it overly complicated.... (had to make it negative however with dire poverty thrown into the mix).

Most people will choose Health because it can't be bought. And, it means (most likely) a long/longer life.
BUT, if you feel you would be miserable being poor or ugly, may it doesn't matter?

Many people have committed suicide over lost jobs etc.

Well what is "average" health?

Meh, this would make more sense if you put health and looks together because they kind of go hand in hand. I guess it depends on what ails you, but if you don't feel very well, you aren't going to be looking your best anyway.

e.g. GOOD looks and "average health"... not necessarily bad, I wanted to expand more but didn't want to make it overly complicated.... (had to make it negative however with dire poverty thrown into the mix).

Most people will choose Health because it can't be bought. And, it means (most likely) a long/longer life.
BUT, if you feel you would be miserable being poor or ugly, may it doesn't matter?

That's a good question. I spent a few minutes mulling over the options and realized I was spending way too much time on it.. so I punted :)

That's a good question. I spent a few minutes mulling over the options and realized I was spending way too much time on it.. so I punted :)

Well, I would need to know just how sick I would be. Lol. :D I never really considered health in terms of being average, just good or bad health with differing degrees of bad health. Some things are fatal, others might just make you feel like crap or be an annoyance, but I think that all bad health would eventually take a toll on your appearance, whether that be because you are too sore to exercise because of joint issues or whatever.

Maybe I'm making too big a deal out of this hypothetical question? :D

Well, I would need to know just how sick I would be. Lol. :D I never really considered health in terms of being average, just good or bad health with differing degrees of bad health. Some things are fatal, others might just make you feel like crap or be an annoyance, but I think that all bad health would eventually take a toll on your appearance, whether that be because you are too sore to exercise because of joint issues or whatever.

nah.... it's hard to ask questions that people will answer, without getting into so much detail they lose interest.
it's true though - what about this...?

Would you rather live:

100 years being healthy (but ugly and poor) or
60 years being rich (but sickly e.g. chronic health issues and ugly) or
40 years being beautiful (but poor)

nah.... it's hard to ask questions that people will answer, without getting into so much detail they lose interest.
it's true though - what about this...?

Would you rather live:

100 years being healthy (but ugly and poor) or
60 years being rich (but sickly e.g. chronic health issues and ugly) or
40 years being beautiful (but poor)

Only 40 years??? Well that means I'd only have a few left, so I choose health. Besides, I could still do fun things if I was ugly and poor but healthy. :D

Only 40 years??? Well that means I'd only have a few left, so I choose health. Besides, I could still do fun things if I was ugly and poor but healthy

Well like I said, people have killed themselves due to lack of money (lost jobs) and other things, so, some people value other things more than their own lives apparently. I'm sure people here would not admit to it... most anyway.... or maybe they don't even realize how much they value it, until it's lost.....

I'll play the hand God has given me................................Didn't see that answer in the poll.

Only 40 years??? Well that means I'd only have a few left, so I choose health. Besides, I could still do fun things if I was ugly and poor but healthy

Well like I said, people have killed themselves due to lack of money (lost jobs) and other things, so, some people value other things more than their own lives apparently. I'm sure people here would not admit to it... most anyway.... or maybe they don't even realize how much they value it, until it's lost.....

Those people obviously have some unresolved issues.

Well MG - isn't that little saying trying to impose YOUR belief as well?
(not the right forum, but like ChrisL I don't mind going rogue....)

There may be Christians that want to impose their beliefs on others....
THIS Christian does not, BUT, will not hold back from saying that following the Bible and God's commands is best for everyone.

I have no ability or authority to "impose" - speaking my mind is just that, free speech. If you feel it's an imposition, that is your problem.

Well MG - isn't that little saying trying to impose YOUR belief as well?
(not the right forum, but like ChrisL I don't mind going rogue....)

There may be Christians that want to impose their beliefs on others....
THIS Christian does not, BUT, will not hold back from saying that following the Bible and God's commands is best for everyone.

I have no ability or authority to "impose" - speaking my mind is just that, free speech. If you feel it's an imposition, that is your problem.
Then GFY is justified....

Forum List

Back