Where's The Mass Exodus of Scout Troops?

YOU ARE A SHITTY PARENT IF YOU HAVE A BOY SCOUT AGED CHILD WHO THINKS THEMSELVES GAY OR STRAIGHT

that is all

YOU ARE A SHITTY PARENT IF YOU HAVE A BOY SCOUT AGED CHILD WHO THINKS THEMSELVES GAY OR STRAIGHT

that is all

Boy Scouts are aged 11-18

Actually 11-17 but even at that, at what like 14 or 15 they become Eagle Scouts if they stay in the BSA and thus aren't really Boy Scouts, so I was referring to the younger children.

However, I will stipulate this to. I STILL believe a parent who has a child under 18 who is out making a big deal out of their sexuality , and by big deal I mean ANYONE knows, is a shitty parent, regardless of gay or straight.

Jesus, parents used to be embarrassed if a community found out their child was sexually active, now it's like a freaking source of joy.

that is all
why is that? cub scouts become boy scouts right about the time puberty begins ,that's the time their sexuality really begins.

1911: The Boy Scout Handbook told boys that they were likely to end up in an insane asylum if they ever masturbated.

Right from the start, Scouting led most other youth organizations in recognizing that puberty is a major hurdle for adolescents. But the early Handbooks provided information that was too often just as inaccurate as what a boy might hear from his buddies. The first three editions call their puberty section "Conservation", and primarily serve up the myth that masturbation (they of course do not use this word) will seriously weaken a boy's strength and make him less able to resist disease (hence the title "Conservation"). The word "puberty" has yet to appear in any Scout Handbook (although several later editions do use the terms "masturbation" and "nocturnal emission or wet dream"). The first two editions do not discuss wet dreams. They refer to the sex act (and its undesirability before marriage) only in the most roundabout way.

History of the Boy Scout Handbook (BSA)

that is all

Actually 11-17 but even at that, at what like 14 or 15 they become Eagle Scouts if they stay in the BSA and thus aren't really Boy Scouts, so I was referring to the younger children.

However, I will stipulate this to. I STILL believe a parent who has a child under 18 who is out making a big deal out of their sexuality , and by big deal I mean ANYONE knows, is a shitty parent, regardless of gay or straight.

Jesus, parents used to be embarrassed if a community found out their child was sexually active, now it's like a freaking source of joy.

True...they must leave by their 18th birthday

Many do not make Eagle Scout till days before their 18th birthday

The problem with scouts has been boys come in at 6 as Tiger Scouts and progress through the Cub ranks. A boy at 11 becomes a Boy Scout. He does not know his sexuality, he wants to earn badges and make camp fires.

At some point his sexuality will kick in. Why kick out a boy who has been a good, loyal scout and follows the Scout Law just because he finds out he is gay?

True...they must leave by their 18th birthday

Many do not make Eagle Scout till days before their 18th birthday

The problem with scouts has been boys come in at 6 as Tiger Scouts and progress through the Cub ranks. A boy at 11 becomes a Boy Scout. He does not know his sexuality, he wants to earn badges and make camp fires.

At some point his sexuality will kick in. Why kick out a boy who has been a good, loyal scout and follows the Scout Law just because he finds out he is gay?

My only issue is that they made the choice to change WILLINGLY and without government force. Other than that, whatever If you don't like it, leave. Same as I said before they changed their policy, if you don't like their policy, leave.

I'm just tired of some trying to use the courts to force others to do what they want them to do. Both left and right.

Forum List

Back