Where were you in 1950 ?

I hope the mods will leave this in current events. This goes beyond sports.

A remarkable career is about to end.

Vin Scully began calling Dodger baseball games in 1950. He's still at it today.

Think about this folks, this man has been doing play by play for the Dodgers years before they moved from Brooklyn to Los Angeles. I grew up listening to this guy in LA.

On October 2nd in San Francisco, Vinny will call his final game after 67 seasons. Think about that for a minute.

(NOTE: the simulcast referred to here is Scully's last HOME game. His actual last scheduled game is Oct 2nd. He has already stated he will not be part of the Dodger post season)

MLB Network to simulcast Vin Scully's last Dodger Stadium game Sunday

Published on Sep. 21, 2016
Hall of Fame announcer Vin Scully's last game from Dodger Stadium will be carried Sunday by MLB Network as part of its live-game schedule through Sept. 26, the network announced Wednesday.

The NL West-leading Dodgers host the Rockies at 4 p.m. ET Sunday, and MLB Network will simulcast the SportsNet LA's production of the game. (The game will be blacked out in the Dodgers' and Rockies' home territories.)

I wasn't born until 1990, this answers your thread title.

Just think Lucy, this guy was broadcasting baseball games 40 years before you were born, and he's still at it.

I don't know about baseball, but when I was in Texas I was taken to Texas Rangers games and I took my opera glasses with me because I wanted to look at the players asses and yes they had very nice asses, those pants they wear are very appreciated.

d480e2da9433febc148510447028e7f3.jpg

:biggrin:

Think about this folks, this man has been doing play by play for the Dodgers years before they moved from Brooklyn to Los Angeles. I grew up listening to this guy in LA.

On October 2nd in San Francisco, Vinny will call his final game after 67 seasons. Think about that for a minute.

(NOTE: the simulcast referred to here is Scully's last HOME game. His actual last scheduled game is Oct 2nd. He has already stated he will not be part of the Dodger post season)

Hall of Fame announcer Vin Scully's last game from Dodger Stadium will be carried Sunday by MLB Network as part of its live-game schedule through Sept. 26, the network announced Wednesday.

The NL West-leading Dodgers host the Rockies at 4 p.m. ET Sunday, and MLB Network will simulcast the SportsNet LA's production of the game. (The game will be blacked out in the Dodgers' and Rockies' home territories.)

I was in heaven waiting to be born....

Vin Scully called NFL games for CBS for a time in the 70's. He called the infamous 4th down, final-seconds TD 'catch' by Mel Gray for the St Louis Cardinals vs the Redskins in 1975, a catch that ultimately knocked the Redskins out of the playoffs.
His call preceding that play,
"We've been here for almost three hours and it all comes down to this."

. Never heard of him.

In my mother's womb in 1950.
Where were you in 1972?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back