Where is a democrat with christian values suppose to go?

Where is a Democrat with Christian values supposed to go?

Go to church, and keep your politics separate. That's one of the things which makes America great.

"Render unto Caesar" and all that. :)

That's not to say you shouldn't vote your religious conscience, but I think we have grievously ignored Alexis de Tocqueville's warnings, and the warnings of our Founders, about keeping church and state separate.

If you are religious, and there is a pro-abortion candidate on one side of the ballot, and an unrepentant serial adulterer on the other side of the ballot, tear up the ballot and go to church.
Bill Clinton had both sides covered on that one.

Except the unrepentant part...

Presidential Apology | C-SPAN.org

A Christian Democrat is like a Jewish nazi. Either not a real Democrat or not a real Christian.

Well an extreme example... it is essentially true. In order for a person to be a Christian and a Democrat... they have to be compromising on something. You simply can't be both. It's not possible. You can't say I believe in (X) values.... the values of Christianity for example... and then vote for an entire party built on the exact opposite values.

Then the Christians can officially align with the Republican party and we can remove their tax exempt status. I'm cool with that.
I think any church which invites a candidate for office to address the congregation should immediately lose their tax exempt status.

clinton-church.jpg

Go to church, and keep your politics separate. That's one of the things which makes America great.

That's not to say you shouldn't vote your religious conscience, but I think we have grievously ignored Alexis de Tocqueville's warnings, and the warnings of our Founders, about keeping church and state separate.

If you are religious, and there is a pro-abortion candidate on one side of the ballot, and an unrepentant serial adulterer on the other side of the ballot, tear up the ballot and go to church.
Which is why I voted for his opponent.

Except the unrepentant part...

Presidential Apology | C-SPAN.org
Oh yeah, and Hilllary is a strong woman for standing by her man, huh.

Government should be involved in marriage as little as possible. But so long as there are laws governing marriage in America, then every married American is entitled to equal protection of those laws.

No one has ever been able to prove gay marriage is harmful to society. That's the bar, folks. The same bar which required bigots to prove interracial marriages were harmful to society.

Bigots can't make it over the bar. Because their only argument is hatred or "Ew, they're icky!"

Yeah, they're icky to me and most heterosexuals. But that's not good enough to deny them their constitutional rights.

The normalization of gay lifestyles is proving to be disastrous. Lefty social radicals don't know when to quit and keeps racheting up the crazy, that's why we've got parents abusing/indoctrinating their nine year old children into thinking they're "transgender". Reality TV show propaganda about a boy who underwent puberty blocking treatments all his life. "Drag queen" boys dancing and spreading their legs in front of audiences of horny homosexual men. And we're all supposed to stand idly by and act if it's all normal.

A Christian Democrat is like a Jewish nazi. Either not a real Democrat or not a real Christian.

according to all the evidence conservative republicans are ALSO not "real" christians....

else they would never support an immoral, unethical, lying conman like trump.

Well an extreme example... it is essentially true. In order for a person to be a Christian and a Democrat... they have to be compromising on something. You simply can't be both. It's not possible. You can't say I believe in (X) values.... the values of Christianity for example... and then vote for an entire party built on the exact opposite values.

Then the Christians can officially align with the Republican party and we can remove their tax exempt status. I'm cool with that.
I think any church which invites a candidate for office to address the congregation should immediately lose their tax exempt status.

clinton-church.jpg
Why? The Consitution forbids that

the goveernment has no business being involved in marriage,,,

marriage is a personal thing between two people,,,
I agree! Absolutely! I've said that many times.

Gay marriage would not even be a political issue if the people of America had not demanded government get all up in their marriages.

The people arguing against gays receiving the same government cash and prizes as they do have no one but themselves to blame for this mess.

the only people wanting the government to get involved in marriage were the gays and racist,,which is about 3% of the population,,,
No, the American people demanded government in their marriages way before gays did.

Gimme joint tax returns! Gimme tax breaks for marriage and kids! Gimme spousal Social Security protections! Gimme literally one thousand government marriage protections. Gimme, gimme, gimme.

They have no one but themselves to blame.

the facts dont support that,,,

marriage license here in america was started by racist not wanting whites and blacks getting married
Is that why we have one thousand government marriage protections? Really? "Because blacks"? :lol:

thats not what I said,,
its a fact that the first required licenses in this country was due to racist whites not wanting blacks to marry whites and not as you say an outcry from the people

clinton-church.jpg
Why? The Consitution forbids that
The Constitution does not grant tax exemption to churches.

And certainly not to churches which engage in political activity.

according to all the evidence conservative republicans are ALSO not "real" christians....

else they would never support an immoral, unethical, lying conman like trump.
The Republican agenda lines up with Christian values way more then the Democrat agenda. It's not impossible to be both a Christian and a Democrat, it just means that you're not very good at being a Christian or a Democrat. A Democrat in general is about 1/1024 Christian.

clinton-church.jpg

Absolutely agree.

I agree! Absolutely! I've said that many times.

Gay marriage would not even be a political issue if the people of America had not demanded government get all up in their marriages.

The people arguing against gays receiving the same government cash and prizes as they do have no one but themselves to blame for this mess.

the only people wanting the government to get involved in marriage were the gays and racist,,which is about 3% of the population,,,
No, the American people demanded government in their marriages way before gays did.

Gimme joint tax returns! Gimme tax breaks for marriage and kids! Gimme spousal Social Security protections! Gimme literally one thousand government marriage protections. Gimme, gimme, gimme.

marriage license here in america was started by racist not wanting whites and blacks getting married
Is that why we have one thousand government marriage protections? Really? "Because blacks"? :lol:

thats not what I said,,
its a fact that the first required licenses in this country was due to racist whites not wanting blacks to marry whites and not as you say an outcry from the people
Which has nothing to do with the fact the one thousand government cash and prizes were put there by heteros way before gays asked for equal protection.

You said "the only people wanting the government to get involved in marriage were the gays and racist". Untrue.

EVERYONE wanted government all up in their marriages. Way before gays.

Government should be involved in marriage as little as possible. But so long as there are laws governing marriage in America, then every married American is entitled to equal protection of those laws.

No one has ever been able to prove gay marriage is harmful to society. That's the bar, folks. The same bar which required bigots to prove interracial marriages were harmful to society.

Bigots can't make it over the bar. Because their only argument is hatred or "Ew, they're icky!"

Yeah, they're icky to me and most heterosexuals. But that's not good enough to deny them their constitutional rights.

its harmful in that they cant reproduce and repopulate the country, so that country would die within one generation if all were gay,,,

its harmful in that they cant reproduce and repopulate the country, so that country would die within one generation if all were gay,,,

And if frogs had wings...

thats not what I said,,
Which has nothing to do with the fact the one thousand government cash and prizes were put there by heteros way before gays asked for equal protection.

You said "the only people wanting the government to get involved in marriage were the gays and racist". Untrue.

EVERYONE wanted government all up in their marriages. Way before gays.

that may have happened after it was required,, but its a known fact that the first license were required due to racism not public outcry,,,

The American people demand free lollipops from the federal government. So our politicians, caving in to popular demand, pass a law to give lollipops to everyone in America.

Adam and Steve rush down to the government building to get their government lollipops.

But the Joe the Plumber says, "Oh hell no. No lolli's for fags!" And the crowd goes wild.

Gays didn't ask for free lollipops. The American people as a whole did.

Equal protection of the laws.

NOTHING to do with religion.

The American people demand free lollipops from the federal government. So our politicians, caving in to popular demand, pass a law to give lollipops to everyone in America.

Adam and Steve rush down to the government building to get their government lollipops.

But the Joe the Plumber says, "Oh hell no. No lolli's for fags!" And the crowd goes wild.

Gays didn't ask for free lollipops. The American people as a whole did.

Equal protection of the laws.

NOTHING to do with religion.

then ban the lollipops,,,

Forum List

Back