Where Had DeCentralized Government Actually Worked?

"Less government" Interesting you used that term.
There is good government and bad government.
What we conservatives refer to as "less government" is "less intrusive and expensive".
Honest people and good business people want ot be left alone. We do not want overbearing and expensive government. You do know to what I refer. We object to overstuffed, over staffed bureaucratic government.
Regulation is good. It works. It keeps people and business honest. What we don't need is a government that sometimes arbitrarily enforces rules on one while ignoring another.
For example.....Should the federal government have the right to shut down an entire food processing plant because an employee got the ear of some local bureaucrat in the Dept of Agriculture office who then sent an inspector to the plant and happened to see a couple of workers not wearing the government mandated safety gloves, but gloves that were more comfortable and worked better than the OSHA standard gloves? Is this the kind of government you believe to be the best way to go? One size fits all? No common sense?
IS it your assertion that the EPA can stop an entire project well under way because some enviro wacko discovered a rare Mussel living in a creek that is less than 4 feet wide that the government just happened to label as "threatened"....Never mind the fact that this particular creature is known to exist in hundreds of creeks in the same area?
Is this ok with you?

Fist let's start with your assumptions. You do not know what being a good parent is. Is it rather presumptuous for me to say that? Of course. You say that I don't know what it is to want a less intrusive government? I own a business. I know all about intrusive government. So tell you what. I won't assume you don't things until you tell me so. There is in fact much I didn't know until coming here. Like how reasonable many Tea Partiers, Libertarians etc... are, for example. Obviously that doesn't mean I agree with them on everything. Like this issue.

So to address your point. I've lived in over a dozen countries and traveled to many more. Two things you can always count on people complaining about are taxes and government. About the only exceptions I can think of are are Switzerland and people from Scandinavia always seem pretty happy with their governments.
Other than that? No one. The complaints almost always fall into one of three categories:

My government is corrupt!

or

My government is too intrusive!

or

Both of the above.

Now our govenment is far from corruption free but compared to say Columbia, Slovakia or Russia? Phew! Glad we have what we have! However, unlike Ron Paul, I would love to see PACs and Lobbyists have to disclose very penny passed anywhere. And yes of course, it sure could use some improving.
As far as intrusive. I own a business and sometimes government regs are a real pain in the buttocks. But I don't know. I hire who I want to hire, have moved my company a couple times, fire people when they deserve to be fired, do business with whomever I want, wherever I want, all over the world etc...
I've never walked a city street and had a cop ask me for my papers here (I'm not Hispanic) but that's definitely happened overseas. No big deal, you just give them a photo copy of your passport and the equivalent of a few American dollars and then go about your way. But here, unless you're a Hispanic in AZ, the government generally doesn't intrude.
I go on the internet and say "Obama sucks!" on a regualr basis. No one has shown up at my door. Even more importantly, I am just finishing a novel (on page 500 - down to the wire - Phew!) and have researched Amonium Nitrate Fuel Oil preparation, Nuclear power plant security and vulnerabilities, HEU sources and other things that I'm SURE the Fed has peeked at. Still no one at the door. No intrusion.
So where is all this intrustion? Why do you feel so oppressed? I don't. I'm happy here!

Just my two cents...
Intrusion....Let's see.
First, try responding to my comments from above and we will the have a conversation.
Go.....BTW, just to inform you, those examples I gave were not hypothetical. Those incidents actually occurred.
Or how about when the federal government during the Clinton admin went on a land grab spree. Millions of acres of open land grabbed up by the federal government.
When the federal government decides without doing their homework, to mandate the type of toilets we can have. Guess what? Those stupid things don't save water , they waste it. People simply flush twice. Or those idiotic compact fluorescent bulbs which cost 5 times as much as an incandescent and they last half as long. Also, disposal according to strict EPA guidelines requires the user to take the spent bulbs to a landfill for special disposal. If one breaks, technically a HAZMAT crew has to be summoned.
These are just a couple of examples of government intrusion and stupidity.
You explain that due to the fact that you've not been bothered it's ok..
It's not ok. Our federal government has incrementally been eroding our freedoms away.
Political correctness runs amok.
Now, back to my examples in my previous post. Address those and we will have a chat. Ignore them, and we're through here.

That was a totally asinine post in so many ways.

Fist let's start with your assumptions. You do not know what being a good parent is. Is it rather presumptuous for me to say that? Of course. You say that I don't know what it is to want a less intrusive government? I own a business. I know all about intrusive government. So tell you what. I won't assume you don't things until you tell me so. There is in fact much I didn't know until coming here. Like how reasonable many Tea Partiers, Libertarians etc... are, for example. Obviously that doesn't mean I agree with them on everything. Like this issue.

So to address your point. I've lived in over a dozen countries and traveled to many more. Two things you can always count on people complaining about are taxes and government. About the only exceptions I can think of are are Switzerland and people from Scandinavia always seem pretty happy with their governments.
Other than that? No one. The complaints almost always fall into one of three categories:

My government is corrupt!

or

My government is too intrusive!

or

Both of the above.

Now our govenment is far from corruption free but compared to say Columbia, Slovakia or Russia? Phew! Glad we have what we have! However, unlike Ron Paul, I would love to see PACs and Lobbyists have to disclose very penny passed anywhere. And yes of course, it sure could use some improving.
As far as intrusive. I own a business and sometimes government regs are a real pain in the buttocks. But I don't know. I hire who I want to hire, have moved my company a couple times, fire people when they deserve to be fired, do business with whomever I want, wherever I want, all over the world etc...
I've never walked a city street and had a cop ask me for my papers here (I'm not Hispanic) but that's definitely happened overseas. No big deal, you just give them a photo copy of your passport and the equivalent of a few American dollars and then go about your way. But here, unless you're a Hispanic in AZ, the government generally doesn't intrude.
I go on the internet and say "Obama sucks!" on a regualr basis. No one has shown up at my door. Even more importantly, I am just finishing a novel (on page 500 - down to the wire - Phew!) and have researched Amonium Nitrate Fuel Oil preparation, Nuclear power plant security and vulnerabilities, HEU sources and other things that I'm SURE the Fed has peeked at. Still no one at the door. No intrusion.
So where is all this intrustion? Why do you feel so oppressed? I don't. I'm happy here!

Just my two cents...
Intrusion....Let's see.
First, try responding to my comments from above and we will the have a conversation.
Go.....BTW, just to inform you, those examples I gave were not hypothetical. Those incidents actually occurred.
Or how about when the federal government during the Clinton admin went on a land grab spree. Millions of acres of open land grabbed up by the federal government.
When the federal government decides without doing their homework, to mandate the type of toilets we can have. Guess what? Those stupid things don't save water , they waste it. People simply flush twice. Or those idiotic compact fluorescent bulbs which cost 5 times as much as an incandescent and they last half as long. Also, disposal according to strict EPA guidelines requires the user to take the spent bulbs to a landfill for special disposal. If one breaks, technically a HAZMAT crew has to be summoned.
These are just a couple of examples of government intrusion and stupidity.
You explain that due to the fact that you've not been bothered it's ok..
It's not ok. Our federal government has incrementally been eroding our freedoms away.
Political correctness runs amok.
Now, back to my examples in my previous post. Address those and we will have a chat. Ignore them, and we're through here.

That was a totally asinine post in so many ways.
Yes....you consider it asinine because it is beyond your understanding.
You are a flyspeck. You don't have the balls to explain why you made that opinion. Just poke and run. Chicken shit.

Forum List

Back