Where are the unsafe bridges?

DebtUSPublic.gif

I guess we should clarify the remark. Us or the U.S. Next year we will pay a half trillion in interest on the debt. Revenue is just above 2 trillion.

Make your case....................

Now everyone chip in and pay 5 to 7 % across the board.

Don't you love your country? Come on libs. Chip in. Be patriotic.

I do love my country which is why I would not want to disproportionately tax the poor and middle class. (which is what a "fair" or flat tax does)

Taxes are fair when everyone pays according to their ability.

I do love my country which is why I would not want to disproportionately tax the poor and middle class. (which is what a "fair" or flat tax does)

Correction, taxes are fair when everyone pays the same rate, regardless of income.

Correction, taxes are fair when everyone pays the same rate, regardless of income.

And that proposition disproportionately hurts the poor and middle class who don't have their money socked away in savings, stocks and bonds.

What was the tax system under the Robber Barons? What did that concentration of wealth at the tippy top lead to?

Can anyone give me a link to the location of the unsafe bridges Obama is talking about. I heard someone say Obama isn't telling but I thought I saw someone else say it is known.

But I'm not sure what thread that is in.

Appreciate the help. Thanks.

Look our bridges are inspected every year--by professional people for safety concerns. If a bridge is unsafe--we re-route traffic--and FIX it.
Yeah....we fix it with alllllllllllllllllllllllllllll those insufficient/inadequate tax-bucks that REPUBLICANS insist AREN'T NEEDED!!! :cuckoo:

Hey.....what can you expect, from a bunch o' effeminate "conservative"-weenies....who've never done an honest-day's labor, in their entire Life?

bushgay.gif

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBSPcIGGcIc]The Crumbling of America - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd0EW-_xwCw]Countdown - American Infrastructure - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AarRsTDD_oU]2009 Report Card for America's Inrastructure - Press Conference - YouTube[/ame]

*​

"A lot of U.S. skilled tradesmen are only about a decade from retirement, and there aren't young people coming up behind them to take their places, Rowe noted."

Last edited:
IMNSHO, fixing our aging bridges is a good idea. BUT, working on bridges is specialty work that only those who build and repair bridges know how to do. I don't see how that is going to help the general unemployed in the construction industry.

i have 5 listed as deficient in my 10 mile radius....but one of them has been closed so they should not have listed it....they built a new bridge next to it.

And that proposition disproportionately hurts the poor and middle class who don't have their money socked away in savings, stocks and bonds.

What was the tax system under the Robber Barons? What did that concentration of wealth at the tippy top lead to?

Consumption is the fairest way to tax. In my state we dont have an income tax. We also dont tax food. Did I mention this is a blue state?

Consumption is the fairest way to tax. In my state we dont have an income tax. We also dont tax food. Did I mention this is a blue state?

I don't necessarily disagree with a consumption tax. That isn't the same as a flat tax.

I don't necessarily disagree with a consumption tax. That isn't the same as a flat tax.

I will never decide in favor of class warfare. All the way to the call to arms.

Bridges seem have the lowest priority when it comes to spending highway funds. As long as we fix the potholes, the public thinks their OK. We have lots of bridges that haven't been painted in 25 years, crumbling foundations, and excessive corrosion. It cost a heck of lot less to maintain them than replace them. The work is going to have to be done and there is no better time to do it than when construction companies are hunger for work and 14 million people are looking for work.

Last edited:
Bridges seem have the lowest priority when it comes to spending highway funds. As long as we fix the potholes, the public thinks their OK. We have lots of bridges that haven't been painted in 25 years, crumbling foundations, and excessive corrosion. It cost a heck of lot less to maintain them than replace them. The work is going to have to be done and there is no better time to do it than when construction companies are hunger for work and 14 million people are looking for work.

How many of those construction companies and 14 million people now anything about bridge buiding/repair? ??

but what to tax for a consumption tax....? do you tax the rich who buy a tax accountant or tax lawyer, or who buy a live in maid or gardener? or yachts? or multiple homes? or for the stock they buy with their money? Or big purchases made over seas? is there a consumption tax on what the wealthiest spend their money on?

i just do not see how a consumption tax would be fair, unless things like the above is considered in the consumption tax....

otherwise, a consumption tax burden is regressive.

but what to tax for a consumption tax....? do you tax the rich who buy a tax accountant or tax lawyer, or who buy a live in maid or gardener? or yachts? or multiple homes? or for the stock they buy with their money? Or big purchases made over seas? is there a consumption tax on what the wealthiest spend their money on?

i just do not see how a consumption tax would be fair, unless things like the above is considered in the consumption tax....

otherwise, a consumption tax burden is regressive.

One thing that has amazed me since my foray into the world of discussion forums is the number of middle to lower middle class people who worry so about the 'rich.' I don't get it. The rich don't need us or our worries about them. :confused:

Hasn't anyone read The Great Gatsby? LOL

Last edited:
We already spend plenty of money on Infrastruture - it's just not spent wisely.

When we have a government that spends $4.8M per Green Job, it's highly unlikely that Infrastructure projects are managed efficiently.

boedicca-albums-mo-more-boedicca-s-stuff-picture3955-infrastructure.jpg

Now, nearly 2 1/2 years later, Obama wants another $50 billion as part of his American Jobs Act to create jobs and fix "our crumbling infrastructure." But he still seems to buy into several myths about the nation's infrastructure.

• Infrastructure spending is declining: "We have deferred tough decisions," the president said last fall, and "our shortsightedness has come due."

But inflation-adjusted infrastructure spending climbed 23% from 1990 to 2007, according to the Congressional Budget Office. Federal, state and local governments spend a combined total of more than $356 billion a year. It was 2.4% of GDP in 2007, not far from the 3% in 1960, when the U.S. was first building the interstate highway system.

5 Myths Behind Obama's Infrastructure Spending Push - Investors.com

How many of those construction companies and 14 million people now anything about bridge buiding/repair? ??
There is always specialization, but in construction there is lot of overlap. Bridge repair and construction requires many skills from normal road construction to concrete, steel, earth-moving, engineering, and planning.

Wow, they don't have an estimate on how long it will take to fix I-64. That means they will have to get a committee together just to come up with a guess at long it will take ... That's messed up ... They should do do it like sports "4-6 weeks an then an unknown length of time stent in the minors to work back into shape"

We're not broke, imbecile. We're still the richest country in the world by a huge margin. We just happen to have a group of rich fucks who would prefer to keep the wealth on their own balance sheets over paying for the infrastructure that helped make them rich.

Unfortunately, they also have undue influence over the government, and a propaganda machine that causes clueless ne'er-do-wells (ahem... YOU...) to take their side on the issue.

It's very sad actually.

Another extraordinarily stupid post by the Gerbil........ maybe you should come out of Richard Gere's colon more often, get a breath of fresh air and wash the dried shit off of your fur.....simpleton rodent.

Thank you for deducting reputation from this loser.

Go away sitardo. Nobody cares what you think.

Oh no!!!!! What will I do, The gerbil and his ass buddies are going to take my rep away! Pssst..... hey gerbil, in the real world, reputation points on a message board mean absolutely nothing. It figures you would feel that they are real, you thought O'Bama was an intellectual and intelligent, you were wrong about that too. Fuck off rodent, scurry back up Richie Gere's colon where you obviously belong. By the way, you smell.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back