When you see a sunset it already happened

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
Due to refraction of space with earths atmosphere ;the sunset is minutes gone by the time you see it with your eyes.

When you see a “sun rise “ .. you get to see it before it actually happens as the rays bend over the horizon .
I am very interesting, I know

Actually, you're seeing sunlight in the form of photons that left the surface of the Sun approximately 8 minutes earlier.
Yes that is only the photons but I am talking about the sunset/,rise as the earth rotates away and to the sun

Due to refraction of space with earths atmosphere ;the sunset is minutes gone by the time you see it with your eyes.

When you see a “sun rise “ .. you get to see it before it actually happens as the rays bend over the horizon .
The Sunset is an optical illusion. The Sun does not move. Earth rotates on it's axis.

The Sunset is an optical illusion. The Sun does not move. Earth rotates on it's axis.
Yes I know but when you see the red , yellow and orange wave lengths

Actually any photon within the Earths atmosphere travels to your eye in a fraction of a second not minutes

Light would travel the distance around the Earth 7.5 times in 1 second, so the light being refracted at sunset to your eyes would be something on the order of 1/20th of a second

You still believe that you would be weightless in water kid

Actually any photon within the Earths atmosphere travels to your eye in a fraction of a second not minutes

Light would travel the distance around the Earth 7.5 times in 1 second, so the light being refracted at sunset to your eyes would be something on the order of 1/20th of a second

You still believe that you would be weightless in water kid
There is a few minute delay due to refraction

I am going to weigh myself on top of water and prove it
I will exhibit zero gravity due to my density and water
The free fall test I am afraid will go horribly wrong

Takes time for the receptors in your eyes to send pulses to the brain. Takes time for the brain to process. Whenever you see anything it has already happened. Whenever you touch and feel anything it has already happened. Whenever you hear anything. Whenever you taste anything. You never live in the here and now. As a creature your entire life is living in the past. Everything you see and know right now and believe is in the present to be sure. . has already happened. It took time for your brain to precess it.

Forum List

Back