When I was a kid, I...........

I remember charging off into the woods with my friends in the morning and being out there all day, climbing trees, making tarzan swings, damning up creeks to make our own swimming holes, digging underground camoflauged forts to play army and a hundred other things. One time I remember I walked way back into the woods with a friend following a creek. We found this huge alligator snapping turtle, the shell was jagged around the edges and it hissed like a cat. We decided we had to take it back with us so we looked around and found this old metal box and put it in. But it kept trying to climb out so we found a piece of plywood and put it on top. That sucker was heavy! We carried that thing for what seemed like an hour finally got it home. My Mom was in the backyard and I said "Mom you should see this turtle we found!" She must of thought it was a box turtle, because when we took the board off, she leaned over to see and let out a scream like I'd never heard from her. "You take that monster back to the woods!" Aw Mom.

... Sometimes I would go out and walk around the neighborhood at night, when no one was around, and everything was closed, and quiet. I would pretend I was the only person left, and then dreamed of how much better the world would be if that was true.

Wow
shakehead.gif

.....would wait for a rain storm, then sit outside with an umbrella and towels draped over it and hunker down to listen to it hit the umbrella. Ma thought I was nuts.

.....I'd ride my bike into empty fields and sit under a bush or near one, and wait. I'd sit so still, bird and bugs thought I was just part of the landscape and crawl on me..or the birds would land on me.

......I'd have my roller skates and key around my neck on a string and tear around the block non stop.

....I tore my tricyle apart by flipping it upside down, put a pillow over the bar that held the seat to straddle it comfortably, handles flipped upright and ride it around. The very first low rider was in 1956 when I made one, lol.

...I'd usually be up as high in a tree that I could get. whether it be the park or my back yard or someplace downtown where I could hide amongst the branches and watch the world go by.

...I'd wait until parents were in bed, then I would sneak to the floor radiator and sleep on it because it was so warm.

....I'd hide behind my sister's vanity and mirror, just to eavesdrop on her mushy talk with her icky boyfriends.

...I'd hide my spinach in the drawer behind me that was in the hutch.

My sister would lock me out of the house all the time. One day, I get fed up and when she did the neener neener at me from behind the glass, I punched right thru it and got her in the nose..along with showers of glass. Cost ma 75 bucks to replace that floor length window. Today, it would probably cost 300 bucks or more.

What did y'all do that was weird or fun?

... Sometimes I would go out and walk around the neighborhood at night, when no one was around, and everything was closed, and quiet. I would pretend I was the only person left, and then dreamed of how much better the world would be if that was true.

... I would open the windows to by bedroom, and let the cold night air flow in right over my head, and it felt great. The stars were fantastic on clear nights starring up into the night.
Remember that Twilight Zone episode where it was the end of the world and that guy didn't care because he enjoyed book reading more than human beings. Until he broke his glasses.
So yeah...I used to pretend I was the only one left, too. It felt....peaceful.

.....would wait for a rain storm, then sit outside with an umbrella and towels draped over it and hunker down to listen to it hit the umbrella. Ma thought I was nuts.

.....I'd ride my bike into empty fields and sit under a bush or near one, and wait. I'd sit so still, bird and bugs thought I was just part of the landscape and crawl on me..or the birds would land on me.

......I'd have my roller skates and key around my neck on a string and tear around the block non stop.

....I tore my tricyle apart by flipping it upside down, put a pillow over the bar that held the seat to straddle it comfortably, handles flipped upright and ride it around. The very first low rider was in 1956 when I made one, lol.

...I'd usually be up as high in a tree that I could get. whether it be the park or my back yard or someplace downtown where I could hide amongst the branches and watch the world go by.

...I'd wait until parents were in bed, then I would sneak to the floor radiator and sleep on it because it was so warm.

....I'd hide behind my sister's vanity and mirror, just to eavesdrop on her mushy talk with her icky boyfriends.

...I'd hide my spinach in the drawer behind me that was in the hutch.

My sister would lock me out of the house all the time. One day, I get fed up and when she did the neener neener at me from behind the glass, I punched right thru it and got her in the nose..along with showers of glass. Cost ma 75 bucks to replace that floor length window. Today, it would probably cost 300 bucks or more.

What did y'all do that was weird or fun?

... I would open the windows to by bedroom, and let the cold night air flow in right over my head, and it felt great. The stars were fantastic on clear nights starring up into the night.
Remember that Twilight Zone episode where it was the end of the world and that guy didn't care because he enjoyed book reading more than human beings. Until he broke his glasses.
So yeah...I used to pretend I was the only one left, too. It felt....peaceful.

That was Micky from the Rocky movies!

I spent my childhood getting into as many fights as I could. I was walking down the hall at school and a girl named Carol said hello. I smashed her across the face with my 3 ring binder. The kind with the hard cover. She screamed her ass off. Her nose was bleeding. People ran up from all directions. We had a nurse's office where she was taken. I'd fight with anyone any time.

Someone had the bright idea to force me into team sports. That was fun. There was nothing my team could do to overcome my sabotage and win a game. They ended up in tears. No matter how hard they played. No matter how long they trained, I could make them lose. That's real power.

One thing that I did was happy. I had a dog. In the winter we would take the old sled over to the sledding hill. The two of us would pull that sled to the top. I would sit on the sled with the dog sitting between my legs and down we would go. His ears would be blown back. At the bottom of the hill he would be so excited he pranced around in a circle. He would grab that rope in his mouth and tried to pull it up the hill without me. He was a great dog.

Sounds like the dog was worth a lot more than you.

I spent my childhood getting into as many fights as I could. I was walking down the hall at school and a girl named Carol said hello. I smashed her across the face with my 3 ring binder. The kind with the hard cover. She screamed her ass off. Her nose was bleeding. People ran up from all directions. We had a nurse's office where she was taken. I'd fight with anyone any time.

Someone had the bright idea to force me into team sports. That was fun. There was nothing my team could do to overcome my sabotage and win a game. They ended up in tears. No matter how hard they played. No matter how long they trained, I could make them lose. That's real power.

One thing that I did was happy. I had a dog. In the winter we would take the old sled over to the sledding hill. The two of us would pull that sled to the top. I would sit on the sled with the dog sitting between my legs and down we would go. His ears would be blown back. At the bottom of the hill he would be so excited he pranced around in a circle. He would grab that rope in his mouth and tried to pull it up the hill without me. He was a great dog.
So you’ve been an asshole all your life then?

Twilight Zone episode I have NEVER forgotten was the one where the racist/jew hating KKK guy wound up in a German cattle car off to the gas chambers himself by being shoved into the past by a time warp. Talk about biting karmic justice...that one was great! He sure did a lot of yelling and screaming, lol. Not that its funny, but it is that HE got a dose of what HE found permissable.

I used to take cardboard like from refrig boxes, make wings lashed to my back and jump off a 2nd story garage. Uhhhh, well least I didn't fly too close to the sun like Icarus and melt my waxed feathers.

Forum List

Back