What's with these bizarre winds?

skookerasbil

Platinum Member
Aug 6, 2009
Not the middle of nowhere
Serious question.

Since November, every 4 or 5 days, a steady 30-40 mph wind. Relentless for 24 hours...sometimes 36 hours. No gusts....steady winds. For 4 months now. Other members seeing the same thing.

Haven't seen this in my lifetime of many decades.

Somebody explain this to me....it's nowhere near normal.

Serious question.

Since November, every 4 or 5 days, a steady 30-40 mph wind. Relentless for 24 hours...sometimes 36 hours. No gusts....steady winds. For 4 months now. Other members seeing the same thing.

Depends on where you live. For Amarillo TX (where I just moved from) that is pretty normal. For here in Newberry SC (where I just moved to), that would be considered abnormal.

it's blowing a cold wind today in Burley. That's why i'm here and not out playing golf
But at least i have church coed volleyball tonight.

Haven't experienced anything that sustained this year but supposedly there is an anomaly this year involving the quasi-biennial oscillation, the unusually high arctic temperatures, and the jet stream but I forget what it is. Read about it about a month ago.

Depends on where you live. For Amarillo TX (where I just moved from) that is pretty normal. For here in Newberry SC (where I just moved to), that would be considered abnormal.

Shit... almost neighbors. What led you to Newberry?

When you find your way south to Charleston, drop me a line and we'll bend an elbow.

R.a69d4a7da652a7b4aaba6933e67548cf

Serious question.

remember it's man made!!! hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha can't make it up.

Serious question.

We've experienced the same kinds of winds here in north-central Pennsylvania, and they are very odd this time of year. Spring gusts to go along with heavy rains are normal enough, but sustained high winds are not. So far, we've lost a trash can down the side of the mountain and one of my wife's wind spinners she loves so much. I've been questioning these winds as well, but what else can one do other than chalk it up to mother nature?

Shit... almost neighbors. What led you to Newberry?

When you find your way south to Charleston, drop me a line and we'll bend an elbow.

I ended up here because my room mate in Amarillo died, and a lady I've known for over 25 years asked me if I wanted to come here, so I did. I'm not very good when left to my own devices.

As far as dropping down to Charleston? PM me your number (or I can PM you mine), and I'll give you a call sometime. I show up down there every week or so, just to look around and check out new stuff. 35 miles isn't that far, as I grew up in Montana (my NEIGHBOR was 2 miles away, and towns were pretty far apart), and living in the TX Panhandle, well............anything less than 70 miles is a short trip. A day trip would be going down to Lubbock (which I did a few times) and that's 120 miles away. I've already been to the Soda City Market that they have on Saturdays, and it's kinda neat. The stuff can be overpriced, but for a morning browse and to check out some interesting food, it's not a bad morning.

Yeah, stopping by and meeting you IRL would be a good thing.

Forum List

Back