What's Weird About Where You Live?

SweetSue92

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2018
USA
I was just thinking about this. I moved to Michigan more than 2 decades ago. But when I first moved here, I learned that at least locally, there are no "F" grades. Students get an A, B, C, D, or....E.

I honestly thought the E was for "effort". I thought, oh wow, no kids in Michigan fail? 😲 :auiqs.jpg:

But alas, they do. E IS the failing grade.

What's weird--or surprised you--about where you live?

i grew up in America's Corporate Capital: Delaware, the most corrupt place in the world. currently in Arizona to vote, getting back to Lebanon later

FOzwK2iVgAI7wZ3

Last edited:
This is weird. Funny, off-color, but true. And weird.

This is in Oakland Co, Michigan

1667736370977.png

1667736386561.png

I was just thinking about this. I moved to Michigan more than 2 decades ago. But when I first moved here, I learned that at least locally, there are no "F" grades. Students get an A, B, C, D, or....E.

I honestly thought the E was for "effort". I thought, oh wow, no kids in Michigan fail? 😲 :auiqs.jpg:

But alas, they do. E IS the failing grade.

What's weird--or surprised you--about where you live?
E comes after D

I was in northern KY from 1986-1996. I never once experienced a white Christmas up there. I've been here in east TN since July of 1996. My first ever white Christmas was here in 2002. Another one happened in 2020 and it was actually even better compared to the first one because the snow started falling on Christmas Eve. There have been at least two other Christmases here where instead of a white Christmas, the temperature was in the low to mid 60s.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I'm not sure what year it was, but during one Thanksgiving Day on my way to the city of Newport here, I went through a snow-covered area just to get there and so I guess that you can say that I have had at least one white Thanksgiving. :) :) :)

I am in NJ

You can’t make left turns
Can‘t pump your own gas
Most Pizza places don’t sell beer but you can bring your own

Forum List

Back