What's this? "For Obama, 1 Trump Term Wasn’t a Big Worry, but ‘8 Years Would Be a Problem’, Obama said he didn’t expect Trump to start a war"

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
do the woke anti-Trumpers know about what Obama said? will he get cancelled for not being anti-Trump enough?

• Banned
I can't read the article but what war?

Syria? No, that was Obama.

Libya? No, that was Obama.
Trump did bomb Syria, and wished he would nuke China after Covid made him lose the election. he also wanted to bomb Mexico and Venezuela during his adminstration, according to Mark Esper

I can't read the article but what war?

Syria? No, that was Obama.

Libya? No, that was Obama.
What he is saying, in the interview, in 2016, is that he had no concerns about Trump starting a war. Which was true, if anything, and to his credit, Trump resisted the Bannon warhawks and did not give in to the temptation to use American lives to distract from his domestic kerfuffles.
I give a point to Obama for calling it so accurately, in the face of all the drama.

Last edited:
Trump did bomb Syria, and wished he would nuke China after Covid made him lose the election. he also wanted to bomb Mexico and Venezuela during his adminstration, according to Mark Esper
Bombing Syria is a non-partisan pastime that has gone on for years.

The rest? Some pissed off comments do not make a desire to do anything. Just venting, I expect.

As most know, I'm far from a Trump fan--but I feel no need to use hyperbole or outright lying to demonize the man.

The truth--unvarnished nor adorned, convicts Trump~

Trump may have bombed Syria but he did not start it so that does not answer my question.

What he is saying, in the interview, in 2016, is that he had no concerns about Trump starting a war. Which was true, if anything, and to his credit, Trump resisted the Bannon warhawks and did not give in to the temptation to use American lives to distract from his domestic kerfuffles.
I give a point to Obama for calling it so accurately, in the face of all the drama.

OK, thanks for the explanation.

Trump ended an ISIS headquarters by blowing it the fuck up.
Trump ended a threat to Americans by having Soleimani assassinated.

Obama wants to be Trump.jpg

If Obama was being objective, he probably knew Trump would be the right president for the time. He would not be beholden to donors as Obama was and thus could in fact work for the change Obama promised but didn't deliver (certainly not as promised).

There is a part of me that believes he wasn't too unhappy that Hillary lost, but that's just my assumption.

Bombing Syria is a non-partisan pastime that has gone on for years.

The rest? Some pissed off comments do not make a desire to do anything. Just venting, I expect.

As most know, I'm far from a Trump fan--but I feel no need to use hyperbole or outright lying to demonize the man.

The truth--unvarnished nor adorned, convicts Trump~
He did luck up by killing an Iranian general along with Iraqis on Iraqi soil..that could have went far worse than what it did.......but since we all like to believe Trump was some Anti-War activist; we overlook it....

"Since the assassinations of Soleimaini and Mohandis, which the Trump administration claimed would establish “real deterrence” -- it failed to prevent further attacks on U.S. troops. Instead, the strike plunged Iraq into a fresh cycle of instability as the militias intensified and broadened their operations, Twice this year, the Biden administration has ordered strikes on Iran-backed militias in retaliation for attacks on American forces."

Scapegoating muslims for all of America's problems is very 2002, it no longer satisfies the fear addiction we have......but I can definitely see Trump waging a war against a brown country south of the border - and not a single Trumper would have complained...

If Obama was being objective, he probably knew Trump would be the right president for the time. He would not be beholden to donors as Obama was and thus could in fact work for the change Obama promised but didn't deliver (certainly not as promised).

There is a part of me that believes he wasn't too unhappy that Hillary lost, but that's just my assumption.
what is this fantasy that Trump isn't beholden to donors when he gave those donors the largest billionaire tax cut ever -- which blew up the debt and deficit?? Those donors basically wrote the tax bill and told him to sign it....

And still to this day, that is the only major piece of legislation Trump ever passed....other than that, his presidency has been the run of the mill Republican shit....aside from the clownish trolling, there is no difference to him and the previous republican admin...

what is this fantasy that Trump isn't beholden to donors when he gave those donors the largest billionaire tax cut ever -- which blew up the debt and deficit?? Those donors basically wrote the tax bill and told him to sign it....

And still to this day, that is the only major piece of legislation Trump ever passed....other than that, his presidency has been the run of the mill Republican shit....aside from the clownish trolling, there is no difference to him and the previous republican admin...

This is revisionism and I imagine you know this. The reason for the difficulty in achieving legislation is due to the Establishment who refused to play nice. He had to negotiate directly with Mexico to have them hold asylum seekers (Biden got rid of that for some odd reason), negotiated USMCA, increased NATO funding, even though his own party advised him wrongly *cough, cough, Paul Ryan* on the border negotiation with the Dems. These fossils are the ones who have harmed America most.

Trump accomplished plenty in one term and it wasn't hundreds of billions of direct bailout to failing, corrupt businesses as Obama "achieved", with no CEO sent to prison.

Forum List

Back