What's next after Obama's Olympic Humiliation?

What's next after Obama's Olympic Humiliation?

• Go back to school to learn how a real executive operates

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Talk to school kids, the younger the better

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Listen to his past speeches

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters
of course, he can do no wrong in your eyes

:rolleyes: nevermind

Oh, he's done some wrong things. But this is not one of them. I see nothing wrong with him trying to get the Olympics for his hometown and HIS COUNTRY.

There's plenty on this board who would, if given a choice, would rather see an American failure than Obama succeed in something. And that's a very interesting thing to watch.
then please point out the last POTUS that was part of an olympic bid

If I might be so BOLD? Directly part of it as Obama was? I wouldn't look for a forthright answer, because there isn't ONE. What Obama did was unprecidented, period.

Oh, he's done some wrong things. But this is not one of them. I see nothing wrong with him trying to get the Olympics for his hometown and HIS COUNTRY.

There's plenty on this board who would, if given a choice, would rather see an American failure than Obama succeed in something. And that's a very interesting thing to watch.
then please point out the last POTUS that was part of an olympic bid

If I might be so BOLD? Directly part of it as Obama was? I wouldn't look for a forthright answer, because there isn't ONE. What Obama did was unprecidented, period.
it was a rhetorical question

What is embarassing about becoming involved in it? He's representing the U.S. and representing Chicago. Makes perfect sense to me for him to talk to the IOC on OUR behalf.

Be assured that if president Obama hadn't gone and Chicago would've lost the right would have come up with just as idiotic a talking point to slam him for that.

Be assured that if president Obama hadn't gone and Chicago would've lost the right would have come up with just as idiotic a talking point to slam him for that.

and there are many on the board that would wish for American success, for the correct reasons.

and there are many on the board that would wish for American success, for the correct reasons.

And what was not a correct reason in Obama's speaking for HIS COUNTRY and HIS CITY?

News Flash: Obama's funding cures Cancer, Republicans call it "wasteful spending".

What am I trying to get across by saying that? Obama is damned if he do or doesn't. It doesn't matter if he succeeded or failed in this situation, Republicans and Fox News had their talking points on standby. I'm sure we would be hearing about how much Chicago and America is going to be ruined because of these Olympics if we had actually won.

Last edited:
News Flash:

Obama's funding cures Cancer, Republicans call it "wasteful spending".

What am I trying to get across by saying that? Obama is damned if he do or doesn't. It doesn't matter if he succeeded or failed in this situation, Republicans and Fox News had their talking points on standby. I'm sure we would be hearing about how much Chicago and America is going to be ruined because of these Olympics.

Never in my time on this board have I seen such Anti-Olympics behavior. Then again, I forgot a Democrat was in office. :eusa_eh:

Ironically, this is the 2016 Olympics we are talking about. If they were to be true in their predictions, there would be a Republican in the WH at that time.

But mean spirited pettiness wins out, it appears.

Ironically, this is the 2016 Olympics we are talking about. If they were to be true in their predictions, there would be a Republican in the WH at that time.

But mean spirited pettiness wins out, it appears.

And if the Olympics went well, who would of gotten the credit? The Republican.

What I find most interesting about this and what people are ignoring is Japan's comments. That this might be the last Olympics ever.

Has anyone read the past 4 or so posts? They make me look comprehensible. Thanks for that.

Agreed. And right now isn't the time to be adding to any debt to this Country, State, or Town/City until it is corrected, despite the 'Prestige' it might bring to that entity that would HOST the venue.

We have larger problems. And this is MY problem with Obama going to try to bring it to Chicago...and I'd say it about ANY city he tried to bring it to.

Thing is. *WE* cannot afford it until OUR HOUSE collectively is in ORDER no matter WHERE it would be held.

And Brazil is a third world country, and Tokyo has the population and size of California. Good comparison..... NOT.

Agreed. And right now isn't the time to be adding to any debt to this Country, State, or Town/City until it is corrected, despite the 'Prestige' it might bring to that entity that would HOST the venue.

We have larger problems. And this is MY problem with Obama going to try to bring it to Chicago...and I'd say it about ANY city he tried to bring it to.

Thing is. *WE* cannot afford it until OUR HOUSE collectively is in ORDER no matter WHERE it would be held.

I don't think Chicago should of gotten the Olympics if you want my honest opinion. However, some people on this board today have been ridiculous about this topic. It also goes beyond the Olympics, it's more about Obama than the Olympics at this point to those same people.

Heres probably the best argument for people in Illinois on why the Olympics shouldnt come to Chicago:

Luciano: You want Olympics, pay the tab - Peoria, IL - pjstar.com

President Obama wants the Olympics in Chicago.

This week, to help land the 2016 Olympics in his hometown, he gushed, "I promise you this: Chicago will make America proud, and America will make the world proud."

I wish he'd offer another pledge, to everyone in Illinois outside Chicago: "I promise you this: Chicago will pick up the tab. The state of Illinois will not fork over one penny."

It's only fair. If he wants to help Chicago, he should help the rest of us. And that means ensuring that we don't get stuck with the tab, if and when the Games run over budget.

That happens often, though some Olympiads have proven profitable for host cities. But here's the rub: there'd be billions of dollars up for bid, and - follow me here - we're talking about Chicago. Not only will every contractor have a hand out, but so will everyone with a tie to Chicago pols: friends, cousins, barbers, babysitters, you name it. Everyone will want a taste. It wouldn't be surprising to see the $4.8 billion budget spiral out of control......

And what was not a correct reason in Obama's speaking for HIS COUNTRY and HIS CITY?

Obama was speaking for his ego.

He doesn't care about this country.

His city is Honolulu.

Last edited:
Liberals will never admit it, but now that Obama has reached the highest political office he can, he has to govern, and he's bored. That's why he's so quick to run on late-night TV or to Denmark to campaign for the Olympics. Governance bores him, which is why he never tried to do it in the first place.

Forum List

Back