Whatever happened to "we fight them there, so that we don't have to fight them here"?

I remember when I first joined USMB, having many arguments with Republicans over Bush's wars. "We fight them there so that we don't have to fight them here" was the main excuse for the thousands of brave American lives, limbs and minds destroyed.
That's why Trump is sending US troops to Saudi Arabia. If other Muslims invade Saudi Arabia, they could be the next anti-American terrorist.

When are you going to start paying for this? People here can't get health care because we have to protect Saudi Arabia? The same country that those who committed 9-11 came from? Does that really make sense?

sorta like 'japan' , what color are the 'japanese' PKNopp .

I'm not the one arguing for genocide. You could tell who was in the military in Japan and how a win would be determined.

All done in 4 years........nearing 20 in Iraq and Afghanistan.

How do you determine that?
The locals usually rat them out, when they feel safe to do so. Which they will. And it helps that they are shooting at us and planting bombs. That's usually a dead giveaway. Oh,and they like to fly their flag. A lot.
------------------------------------------ and many are supporters of the enemy .

Which is it? They support the "enemy" or they support us? And then how do you tell the difference and how do you know when you won?
----------------------------------------------- I don't care who they support as they go back and forth in who they support . We nuked ' japan' and didn't worry about who they supported . Course a couple years or a certain time frame the 'japs' supported the conqueror because they knew that it was death to not support the conqueror . Same thing with the 'krauts' PKNopp ,

I'm not the one arguing for genocide. You could tell who was in the military in Japan and how a win would be determined.

-------------------------- you are the only one that has mentioned 'genocide' or little BROWN People PKNopp

How do you determine that?
The locals usually rat them out, when they feel safe to do so. Which they will. And it helps that they are shooting at us and planting bombs. That's usually a dead giveaway. Oh,and they like to fly their flag. A lot.
------------------------------------------ and many are supporters of the enemy .

Which is it? They support the "enemy" or they support us? And then how do you tell the difference and how do you know when you won?
----------------------------------------------- I don't care who they support as they go back and forth in who they support . We nuked ' japan' and didn't worry about who they supported . Course a couple years or a certain time frame the 'japs' supported the conqueror because they knew that it was death to not support the conqueror . Same thing with the 'krauts' PKNopp ,

The people you want to nuke did absolutely nothing to us. Gas chambers would do less damage.

-------------------------- you are the only one that has mentioned 'genocide' or little BROWN People PKNopp

I realize that.

------------------------------ see your posts 65 and 67 where you mention 'genocide' PKNopp .

and I don't care about the rather new concept of 'genocide' . To me and in a WAR enemies that need to be killed can be any color or ethnicity Pknoppp .

This was said about Iraq also but what happened when we turned the country over to Iraqi's? They simply went home.
Because we disbanded their army and gutted their police force, which was a historical blunder.

We have killed tens of thousands of innocent brown people.
And you avoided my question. And, try to remember: ISIS does that before we have lunch. If killing brown people is the job you need done, call ISIS.

I remember when I first joined USMB, having many arguments with Republicans over Bush's wars. "We fight them there so that we don't have to fight them here" was the main excuse for the thousands of brave American lives, limbs and minds destroyed. These were wars that just had to be fought, they said, and I must hate America because I thought we had no business there.

Today I was listening to Rush sounding like the dove of all doves. And of course, the talk radio righties here are in step with Rush and Trump. Now.

Now I'm hearing that we should just let them battle it out themselves, that we have no business being there, that the cost was too great, that we shouldn't be involved in the Middle East.

Funny how things changed when Trump got the nomination.

Difference is in Bush’s time they successfully launched the biggest terror attacks in history on US soil. That wasn’t going to go unanswered.

We destroyed the asshats mainly responsible for that, but the ultimate solution to the Islamic problem is isolation, banning immigration from them, and letting them kill themselves.

I remember when I first joined USMB, having many arguments with Republicans over Bush's wars. "We fight them there so that we don't have to fight them here" was the main excuse for the thousands of brave American lives, limbs and minds destroyed. These were wars that just had to be fought, they said, and I must hate America because I thought we had no business there.

Today I was listening to Rush sounding like the dove of all doves. And of course, the talk radio righties here are in step with Rush and Trump. Now.

Now I'm hearing that we should just let them battle it out themselves, that we have no business being there, that the cost was too great, that we shouldn't be involved in the Middle East.

They’re all trying to be like Obama.

ISIS isn’t the enemy any more...according to the blob, the enemy is the US media, female freshmen Congress persons, and athletes who don’t stand for the national anthem.

ISIS isn’t the enemy any more...according to the blob, the enemy is the US media, female freshmen Congress persons, and athletes who don’t stand for the national anthem.

According to the left, the enemy is lonely white boys who play videogames too much and long-dead white historical figures who might have held racist views

President Trump, just gave ISIS the BIGGEST WIN they ever had! :eek:

Wow those 50 troops on the edge of the Syrian Turkey border were single-handedly keeping the ideology of extremist Islam from gaining traction in the middle east?

According to the left, the enemy is lonely white boys who play videogames too much and long-dead white historical figures who might have held racist views

I’ve never heard the left say video games were the problem (whomever “the left” is). And of course, you can’t back that up.

Lonely INCELS are the problem…they get guns and shoot places up. So you’re partly right. As for the long-dead white whatevers…that was a dumber statement than you usually make.

I’ve never heard the left say video games were the problem (whomever “the left” is). And of course, you can’t back that up.

Lonely INCELS are the problem…they get guns and shoot places up. So you’re partly right. As for the long-dead white whatevers…that was a dumber statement than you usually make.

The vast majority of mass shooters are adult men with families who shoot up their workplace after getting fired. The vegas shooter had a girlfriend at the time and almost certainly was no virgin. But the left wants to direct all this suspicion towards nerdy white kids who haven't done anything wrong but maybe haven't yet engaged in premarital sex.

This was said about Iraq also but what happened when we turned the country over to Iraqi's? They simply went home.
Because we disbanded their army and gutted their police force, which was a historical blunder.

We have killed tens of thousands of innocent brown people.
And you avoided my question. And, try to remember: ISIS does that before we have lunch. If killing brown people is the job you need done, call ISIS.

How is it different if they kill them or we kill them? We condemned Saddam killing people but when we went in we started killing the same people. (and still are)

Forum List

Back