Whatever Happened To Bus Suspension?

1637715803360.png

^^^ Even if it truly can, whatever was done was way over the line. If any of them kids had truly become a problem, suspending them temporarily or even permanently from the bus would've been sufficient, but instead he decided to be a monster by making every last child a victim including the innocent ones. May the maximum penalty not only apply but be carried out as well when the dust finally settles!

God bless you and the kids always!!!

Holly

Sounds like this was a part-time driver, called in late to handle an unexpected overload, likely already having a bad day. Should have just refused the work, but shit happens. While innocent kids getting banged around by an irritated driver is certainly nothing to sneeze at, it's also nothing to sue over since none of the alleged injuries indicate lasting damage. As a parent, I would expect the school to investigate, appropriately sanction (at least suspend) the driver, perhaps including having him publicly apologize for his clearly excessive actions.

^^^ To me, an apology is no longer enough considering all that has happened in the past especially after this horrifying nightmare come alive went and happened here. Three days ago was the five year anniversary.

God bless you and the surviving victims always!!!

Holly

I'm skeptical.

I seriously doubt that a vehicle as big and as heavy as a school bus can decelerate quickly enough to cause the effects claimed in the article.
They can. A typical school bus has brakes designed to stop close to twice the actual weight of the vehicle. I drove trucks on similar chassis, and with a light load, they could stop quickly enough to send things flying. Couple that with no seat belts, unsecured bags, and students likely not seated properly (sideways, etc.), definitely.

Sounds like this was a part-time driver, called in late to handle an unexpected overload, likely already having a bad day. Should have just refused the work, but shit happens. While innocent kids getting banged around by an irritated driver is certainly nothing to sneeze at, it's also nothing to sue over since none of the alleged injuries indicate lasting damage. As a parent, I would expect the school to investigate, appropriately sanction (at least suspend) the driver, perhaps including having him publicly apologize for his clearly excessive actions.
Driver should get jail time.

Go here for the story. May the driver not only be fired but put away for what they are guilty of too!

God bless you and the students always!!!

Holly
Kids all have braces and eyeglasses, huh?
If the bus didn't actually crash, and there's misbehavior going on, it's rather an emergency for the driver to bring the bus to a complete stop as expeditiously as possible and set the parking brake before disciplining the kids.
A school bus is presumably being driven in traffic, with other vehicles, and therefore it might be necessary for the driver to slam on the brakes at any time to prevent a collision, and the kids really need to remain seated while the bus is in motion to avoid injury in case of sudden turns or stops.

^^^ You sound like a person who misread the write up if you even looked at it at all. It concerns a bus driver who decided to punish those who were a problem in his opinion only he pretty much may have punished every last child on the bus.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

P.S. My feelings have not changed. To me, if he ends up in jail, I won't feel one bit sorry for him should he land in the possession of the lifers.

^^^ I agree, but due to the frame of mind that any person can possess, I side with them kids. Think about the situation that Nicholas Cage's character is in during the film named Con Air.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

P.S. I was bawling with him at the end of the film when I saw it for my first time.

Forum List

Back