What would you do about the Caravan if you were POTUS?

The OP statement is spot on.

The only thing I would add is that if they turn violent, the people in charge of guarding the border would have the authority to use non deadly force.

water cannons
bean bags
pepper spray

Of course, if the wall were finished and not laying in fields rusting, this wouldn't be an issue.

Then what you are saying is those that invaded the Capitol on January 6th should have been gunned down.
They wouldn't have to if the insurrectionists in all the cities were gunned down before it with their traitorous politicians hung..

If they want to be processed legally maybe have the National Guard help Border Guards in speeding up the process or if they want to enter illegally then the Gaurd should detain them. And yes finish the wall that Bush and Obama and Trump started.

The current law says they get to apply for refugee status.

This law comes from WWII where we didn't allow some Jews to apply for refugee status and they were executed during the Holocaust.

I would change the law to: "You can only apply for refugee status in the first safe country you cross. You can't apply for refugee status in America if you crossed a safe country to get to America."

And Mexico is a safe country.
That is really the law. There is no applying for refugee status here.

I would put the military on the border. I would have fortified units separate the women and children. Take them into immediate custody and deportation. Turn the men back with live fire and force them to withdraw. The leaders say that women and children will be used as human shields to break through defenses.

I would also deputize every adult within 200 miles of the border. They may detain, arrest or shoot any invader. That should end the invasion early.

AzogtheDefiler
Sound good to me. Have every border States NG at the border and don't let them cross. If they happen to get across shoot them. They are invaders.

I'm surprised the Mexicans haven't shot them since they bulled through the barricades. They need the Mexican army at that border like they were when Trump was POTUS.

If I were POTUS, I would place an army force at the border and consider those in the caravan as invaders. I would make sure that we had planes readily available to take them back where they came from. They have shown to be violent when they attacked Mexican police.

What would you do?

You kids stopped talking about "caravans" right after the 2018 midterms. I guess you will now re-float them for fear mongering purposes just in time for next midterm. ;)

Oh, and I'd amend that to read, "If you show up at a US border or port without a preapproved refugee document, you will be arrested, detained for not less than 5 years, and then deported directly from prison back to your country of record.

Can a POTUS change the law? Since when?

Actually, a sitting president currently owns enough where it may appear that he can. It's part of the Executive Branch. A President can play by the traditional laws of go off the REZ until Scotus reigns him in. The huge carivans were created by off the Rez decisions. I know you Rumpsters don't want to hear the real problem and how it's going to take years to fix the problem.

This seems a good way to go, but do we have the backbone to actually stop all trade with Mexico? Not sure the American people would support it

The are just too many mitigating problems. It's a lot easier to stop them at that south mexican border than the north border.

Time to grow a pair and do what's right instead of what's political.

If I were POTUS, I would place an army force at the border and consider those in the caravan as invaders. I would make sure that we had planes readily available to take them back where they came from. They have shown to be violent when they attacked Mexican police.

What would you do?

I'd do pretty much the same, except that I would be more forceful than you seem to want to be about making sure that none get across the border in the first place, that I would need planes to take them back. If any did get across, they'd simply be shot.

I'd also ask Congress to pass a declaration of war against Mexico, for aiding and abetting these invaders.

What would you do?
Leander McNelly

Cross Mexico's border and bomb the invaders to extinction. Mexico is abetting this invasion. Their collusion is an act of war against the United States. There's no reason we should respect the national boundaries of our enemies.

The current law says they get to apply for refugee status.

This law comes from WWII where we didn't allow some Jews to apply for refugee status and they were executed during the Holocaust.

I would change the law to: "You can only apply for refugee status in the first safe country you cross. You can't apply for refugee status in America if you crossed a safe country to get to America."

And Mexico is a safe country.
Why do you think Mexico is a safe country?

Screenshot_20211027-190546~2.png

What would you do?
I would have the military there for sure setting up a defensible line at the border like you would any base. Razor wire, land mines, no holds barred. I wouldn’t need any planes to take them back to anywhere. They simply don’t cross.

Forum List

Back