What Will The New Name Of The Cleveland Indians Be?

The 10% dictated to the 90%.

So stupid how this works.

I live in Cleveland. The ratio of natives who have a problem with this is very minimal. But, ESPN and media amplify their voices to skew and distort the issue. Then, spineless PR departments cater to it because they're afraid of random idiots on Twitter, of whom the media quotes all the time as legitimate representations of our population.

Plus, if you actually took 2 seconds to look up the history of the name, it was to honor a Native American player on the Indians.

Stupidity is the norm these days. We have to ruin harmless things for people because a few have a problem with it.

The 10% dictated to the 90%.

So stupid how this works.

I live in Cleveland. The ratio of natives who have a problem with this is very minimal. But, ESPN and media amplify their voices to skew and distort the issue. Then, spineless PR departments cater to it because they're afraid of random idiots on Twitter, of whom the media quotes all the time as legitimate representations of our population.

Plus, if you actually took 2 seconds to look up the history of the name, it was to honor a Native American player on the Indians.

Stupidity is the norm these days. We have to ruin harmless things for people because a few have a problem with it.

You think this is honoring someone?

1627380388264.png

It never should have taken this long to scrap these offensive names.

How about indigenous Americans that choose to give themselves a nickname such as "Redskins"? Should they also be forbidden from using that nickname?

1627380388264.png

Is it possible that you are the one with the racist attitude? Is it possible that you're the only one that thinks that this caricature is somehow offensive?

How about indigenous Americans that choose to give themselves a nickname such as "Redskins"? Should they also be forbidden from using that nickname?

I would say, yes. I also thought the band "NWA" was offensive.

Is it possible that you are the one with the racist attitude? Is it possible that you're the only one that thinks that this caricature is somehow offensive?

NO, any decent person would find that offensive.... which admittedly excludes most Trump Cultists.

View attachment 517807

It really doesn't matter what I think. Usually it's only 10% of Natives that find things like the Indians name or the Redskins name offensive.

So, we're setting the standard that if a bunch of people like something, if only a few don't like it, everyone has to give up and forfeit what they enjoy for the few.

Is that what you're saying?

If you like hamburgers, and went to a party with a bunch of hamburger enthusiasts with the promise of hamburgers.. and you found out when you got there that it was changed to Tofu because one person was a vegan.. would you be happy? Would that seem fair?

I would say, yes. I also thought the band "NWA" was offensive.

NO, any decent person would find that offensive.... which admittedly excludes most Trump Cultists.

Wow, this has nothing to do with Donald Trump.. and yet, here you are, bringing him into it.

Obsessed much?

It really doesn't matter what I think. Usually it's only 10% of Natives that find things like the Indians name or the Redskins name offensive.

So, we're setting the standard that if a bunch of people like something, if only a few don't like it, everyone has to give up and forfeit what they enjoy for the few.

Is that what you're saying?

"Natives"?
Never mind.

I think you have it backwards.... Businesses make changes all the time because a small percentage is offended, because the percent that aren't usually aren't invested, either. They make a choice- is the bad publicity worth it?

I mean, I'm sure there is someone who is love with racist mascots, but do you really want that person as a key customer.

If you like hamburgers, and went to a party with a bunch of hamburger enthusiasts with the promise of hamburgers.. and you found out when you got there that it was changed to Tofu because one person was a vegan.. would you be happy? Would that seem fair?

Works on the assumption that racist mascots were the reasons anyone went to the game.

Now, I don't know why anyone would want to go to a Cleveland Indians game or even live in Cleveland. Ray From Cleveland I was there for a week and frankly it was like walking into a Zombie movie.

But I would think they were there to watch some baseball.

If it was my choice I would have thought outside the box. Just as the Browns refuse to wear a helmet logo, I would have preferred the team display such boldness and go without a nickname. And I'd achieve this in a unique way by reversing the dastardly deed of the 1830's MSM and revert back to the original name of the settlement. Back when Indians actually occupied northeast Ohio. Simply put a lowercase "a" on the cap and a caret (missing character symbol) between the first "e" and "v" in Cleveland on the jersey.

Forum List

Back