What will help end this crisis the most?

Which plan of action will help the most?

• Corporate racial hiring quotas

• Mandating airplane emissions

• Giving theaters money

• Giving the House of Representatives 25 million for "staff"

• Other democrat plans

Results are only viewable after voting.
What say you? Are Democrats onto a possible cure here? Well a cure for anything other than freedom that is...

Well let's see, in order of importance. Social distancing. Flooding the supply chain with PPE for our frontline health workers. Widespread testing. Continued clinical trials of treatments. Study and clinical trials for a vaccine.
Put together a reasonable and safe plan for those who've had the virus or contracted it and didn't show any symptoms and recovered for it to get tested and go back to work.

Other things, keep Trump off the damn podium, consistent messaging from the task force, and oh yeah, show Trump and as many Republicans as possible the door in November.
Four decades of Republican policy failures is enough.

Four decades?

Trump has been President only three plus years and Pelosi as been Speaker since 2019...

I did not know Obama and Clinton were Republicans?

Well, to be fair in those four decades I remember a couple of Presidents named Reagan and Bush (Sr and Jr). I also remember that neither Clinton or Obama had both houses of Congress at the same time for any more than a couple of years. So bending to Republican wishes was kind of a necessity to get anything done. Need to look at the big picture and not focus on just the people you don't like.

Oh yeah, and pork in a bill isn't limited to just one party. They both do it. Gotta make sure you bring home the benes for your district to have something to campaign on.

The Dems will have a hug a coronavirus person movement.......Everyone in the world will have a great Group Hug.........and Unicorns with Pixie dust will fly down from Utopia.......They will kick Trump out of office.......put Hillary there...........and the Virus will go away.

;)

What say you? Are Democrats onto a possible cure here? Well a cure for anything other than freedom that is...

Maybe not an immediate cure, but retarding the spread would be easy if we had 100% cooperation by the public, which of course we never will.

I was at the grocery store yesterday. I was amazed at how many people grabbed a shopping cart without wiping off the handle first. We have a lot of COVID-19 cases here. Our state is under a stay-at-home order from the Governor. Non-essential businesses are not allowed to be operating, but many still are. They are simply ignoring it.

Maybe not an immediate cure, but retarding the spread would be easy if we had 100% cooperation by the public, which of course we never will.

I was at the grocery store yesterday. I was amazed at how many people grabbed a shopping cart without wiping off the handle first. We have a lot of COVID-19 cases here. Our state is under a stay-at-home order from the Governor. Non-essential businesses are not allowed to be operating, but many still are. They are simply ignoring it.
Could it be non-essential has a different meaning to they who have to keep the non-essentials open to eat ?
Grand opening ! Mary and Jeffs non-essential pet grooming and vacuum repair ?

can you give a few examples of this happening?

Well, I guess it depends on what you mean by cure.

If you mean remove from circulation in a single person, we recently (okay like 10 years ago but recent in medical terms) developed drugs that cure around 95% of chronic hepatitis C. There’s been a few anecdotes of curing HIV with bone marrow transplants.

If you remove cure from an entire population, I suppose small pox is the only true example I can think of.

Scientist were able to develop a vaccine for the H1N1 virus in about 6 months. I've heard various dates from year to 18 months before they can develop one for this virus.

Massive protests and recalls to remove democrats from office. This will continue until the economic back of the nation is broken or until the people rise up and demand it's end.

can you give a few examples of this happening?

Well, I guess it depends on what you mean by cure.

If you mean remove from circulation in a single person, we recently (okay like 10 years ago but recent in medical terms) developed drugs that cure around 95% of chronic hepatitis C. There’s been a few anecdotes of curing HIV with bone marrow transplants.

If you remove cure from an entire population, I suppose small pox is the only true example I can think of.

Cure is a bad word to use, in my opinion.

We beat smallpox by making most people immune to it via the whole world being vaccinated.

We no longer do that...and I read an article that said it could make a comeback as land that has been frozen for longer than we have been "immune" is thawing out due to the warming climate. There is a case of people getting Anthrax from a grave site that had been frozen for a couple hundred years somewhere in Russia. It is possible, but not very probable, the same thing could happen with small pox.

Scientist were able to develop a vaccine for the H1N1 virus in about 6 months. I've heard various dates from year to 18 months before they can develop one for this virus.

Seems the last thing we want is a vaccine that is rushed into production and given to wide swaths of our population.

Seems the last thing we want is a vaccine that is rushed into production and given to wide swaths of our population.
Developing vaccine for H1N1 was easy since there was already a system for annual influenza vaccines.

Making a completely new vaccine is not nearly simple. Hopefully some of the past work is still relevant.

In reality it's a bipartisan clusterfuck

IN 2016, AFTER years of effort and millions of dollars in government investment, a team of Texas scientists finally developed a promising vaccine for SARS, the deadly strain of coronavirus that had infected over 8,000 people worldwide in the early 2000s. But the outbreak that triggered the research had begun and ended, and no one was contracting new cases of the disease anymore. Private industry and governments responded to the request to fund the human clinical trials with unanimity: not interested. And so the SARS vaccine was shelved.

In August 2010, prompted by the vaccine problems from H1N1, President Barack Obama’s team of science advisers released a report outlining ways the government could speed up production in the future. This had come a year after Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine, successfully stripped $870 million in flu pandemic preparation money out of the 2009 stimulus. The administration recommended spending roughly $1 billion per year for the next several years to implement its ideas, which included developing faster potency tests and better machines to do vial-filling. This joined a separate 2010 HHS review, which had concluded that the U.S. “lacks the domestic manufacturing capacity to rapidly produce and package a vaccine for the American public in the face of a pandemic.”

But many of those Obama-era proposals were never fully executed, and four new vaccine manufacturing sites the federal government did invest in beginning in 2012 have barely been utilized to respond to Covid-19.

Forum List

Back