What was your favorite Alan Rickman movie/show?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
My two personal favorites are
1. Robin Hood with Kevin Costner. His role as the sherif of Knottingham was top notch.

2. Galaxy Quest (better Trek movie than most Trek movies)

Obviously he was great in Die Hard as well but these two movies show his acting chops far better imo.

........he was good in Robin Hood, but the movie sucked--as did Costner and Slater
.....also great in Quigley
he's great in many of them

1. Robin Hood with Kevin Costner. His role as the sherif of Knottingham was top notch.

Obviously he was great in Die Hard as well but these two movies show his acting chops far better imo.

Die Hard......the rest were sad follow ups to Hans Gruber.

• Banned
I watched a sort of documentary about him this morning and they focused on his role in Harry Potter.
I have never seen the show as I always thought of it as a kids program.

I bet you forgot he was the bad guy in Quigley down under.

I bet you forgot he was the bad guy in Quigley down under.

I had honestly forgotten all about that movie

I watched a sort of documentary about him this morning and they focused on his role in Harry Potter.

The books are children's books but for older children. They have some very dark themes, including the deaths of several characters, both adults and children. Snape is the most hateful person in the whole books, short of Voldemort, Harry's arch enemy. Snape was a member of Voldemort's gang when he was younger.

When they announced the casting of the first Harry Potter movie, the casting of Snape is critical. He is Harry's "enemy" throughout his school days. The sarcastic asshole professor he could never please, and who mocked his "golden child status". My 12 year old daughter wanted to know who was playing Snape. I watched Die Hard with her, and her comment about Rickman was "He's PERFECT", and he was.

The role is a thankless one. He is hated throughout. Rickman made himself look ugly, with greasy hair, and a dour demeanor. The loser/bad guy who was always mocked by the "cool kids". And the children are always showing him up. It is not until the very last book/movie, that we find out the truth about Snape. Rickman embodied that role. At once sarcastic, sinister, and cruel, and very bitter.

My personal favourite was Galaxy Quest. The serious actor playing in a cheesy space show.

The books are children's books but for older children. They have some very dark themes, including the deaths of several characters, both adults and children. Snape is the most hateful person in the whole books, short of Voldemort, Harry's arch enemy. Snape was a member of Voldemort's gang when he was younger.

When they announced the casting of the first Harry Potter movie, the casting of Snape is critical. He is Harry's "enemy" throughout his school days. The sarcastic asshole professor he could never please, and who mocked his "golden child status". My 12 year old daughter wanted to know who was playing Snape. I watched Die Hard with her, and her comment about Rickman was "He's PERFECT", and he was.

The role is a thankless one. He is hated throughout. Rickman made himself look ugly, with greasy hair, and a dour demeanor. The loser/bad guy who was always mocked by the "cool kids". And the children are always showing him up. It is not until the very last book/movie, that we find out the truth about Snape. Rickman embodied that role. At once sarcastic, sinister, and cruel, and very bitter.

My personal favourite was Galaxy Quest. The serious actor playing in a cheesy space show.
So are the Potter movies worthy of a watch at 52 years old or a waste of time?
Stuff like Twilight and all the other teenage angst shows bore me so keep that in mind. Slapstick aimed at teens I can endure, like Scream.

So are the Potter movies worthy of a watch at 52 years old or a waste of time?

I'm 56 and watch them anytime I see they're on. I like them, but for me some of the appeal is remembering when I took my daughters to see them in the theater.
I can relate. Many Pixar movies come to mind but I don't watch them anymore.

Pretty sure he was only ever in one movie...

de1.gif

Forum List

Back