justaschmuck9

Platinum Member
Aug 1, 2022

1 trillion seconds = 31,000 years!

wow... SECONDS, not minutes!

:oops:

OK

What is wasted?
wow... If you are as clueless as this post indicates and I say you are bc I have read other of your posts

you must have been living under a rock for the last several decades of your life..

This is basically what the govt does w/ your money (details to follow)

:flameth:

2020 Congressional Pig Book.

The Pig Book which I believe was started by Tom Coburn of OK

Here is a good example of how a govt program has eternal life

$10,000,000
for high energy cost grants within the Rural Utilities Service (RUS). The RUS grew out of the Department of Agriculture’s Rural Electrification Administration (REA) of the 1930s. The REA’s mission was to promote electrification to farmers and residents in communities where the cost of providing electricity was considered to be too expensive for local utilities. By 1981, 98.7 percent electrification and 95 percent telephone service coverage was achieved. Rather than declaring victory and shutting down the REA, the agency was transformed into the RUS, and expanded into other areas.

OK

What is wasted?

and yet somehow, we cannot find any way at all... the geniuses in DC can't figure it out

how to build housing for people who cannot afford $2000 a month rent..

we need some smarter geniuses.. or maybe some more compassionate ones..

and yet somehow, we cannot find any way at all... the geniuses in DC can't figure it out

how to build housing for people who cannot afford $2000 a month rent..

we need some smarter geniuses.. or maybe some more compassionate ones..
not the governments job to build housing for people,,

1. The federal government made at least $72 billion in improper payments in 2008.[1]
  2. Washington spends $92 billion on corporate welfare (excluding TARP) versus $71 billion on homeland security.[2]
  3. Washington spends $25 billion annually maintaining unused or vacant federal properties.[3]
  4. Government auditors spent the past five years examining all federal programs and found that 22 percent of them -- costing taxpayers a total of $123 billion annually -- fail to show any positive impact on the populations they serve.[4]
  5. The Congressional Budget Office published a "Budget Options" series identifying more than $100 billion in potential spending cuts.[5]
About as far as I got
Generic “I don’t understand it so it must be waste” claims

not the governments job to build housing for people,,
but its the govt job to waste money on obsolete projects like the one I mentioned in a previous post?

its the govt job to waste money on studying the mating habits of fruit flies?

But people who need housing, that is not important... just the flies... they are important..

Time, energy, and materials are wasted. Money remains. People who receive paychecks for working on gov't boondoggles don't think the money is 'wasted'. If one buys a new truck with those wages, where's the 'waste'? Many jobs in the private sector are no better than 'make work' jobs that waste time, energy, and materials that could be put to better use.

One man's waste is another man's paycheck.

Last edited:
but its the govt job to waste money on obsolete projects like the one I mentioned in a previous post?

But people who need housing, that is not important... just the flies... they are important..
the government could stop wasting money and lower taxs so people can build their own houses,,

I know thats a complicated thing for some to understand bit do try anyway,,

Do you have any understanding of the impact fruit flies have on our food supply?

How about Honey Bees?

the government could stop wasting money and lower taxs so people can build their own houses,,
People have lost those skills. :( My brother built his first house while he was working and going to college. Today guys go to college so they don't have to do such work.

Last edited:

I know thats a complicated thing for some to understand bit do try anyway,,
if you are getting snarky with me, you have no legitimate reason...

(yeh, i Know, since when does that stop anyone..?)

People have lost those skills. :( My brother built his first house while he was working and going to college. Today guys go to college so they don't have to do such work.
well you can always hire people like the majority of people do when building a house,,

Forum List

Back