What the frock is wrong with Rasmussen?

This is not deliberate poo throwing but given the nature of the Washington-Boston echo chamber and outliers the thing that surprised me about Obama's 2008 election was that he was from Chicago and still got nominated much less elected. This, in my opinion, was solely due to having an NY senator primary opponent for the nomination and Sarah Palin on the opposition ticket in the GE. Any numbers on this sort of regional antipathy?

Good question. If anyone would know it will probably be Stat. He has all kinds of voter micro-data from all over the Country.

This is not deliberate poo throwing but given the nature of the Washington-Boston echo chamber and outliers the thing that surprised me about Obama's 2008 election was that he was from Chicago and still got nominated much less elected. This, in my opinion, was solely due to having an NY senator primary opponent for the nomination and Sarah Palin on the opposition ticket in the GE. Any numbers on this sort of regional antipathy?

Good question. If anyone would know it will probably be Stat. He has all kinds of voter micro-data from all over the Country.
I suspect that the cumulative unaccounted for "non-material" costs of Ocare are going to make these regional splits much wider and deeper than expected by election day.

If you are talking about regional antipathies by party, not much help there, never polling or such, just empirical data through observation.

That Obama is from Chicago and won the nomination and then the GE doesn't surprise me at all. Most of the guys who won in the last 50 years were not part of the WA-Boston wind tunnel.

Forum List

Back