What the Boston Tea Party was really about.

The Boston Tea Party was not about the Constitution nor was it about conservative values. It was about no taxation without representation.

That's the most conservative value imaginable, one to which the Federalist Papers devoted countless pages to.
Odd. Because when Democrats trying to represent the poor they are viewed by some conservatives as unAmerican. Representation is not a conservative or a liberal issue. It is about the human condition in this country. Is this government doing all it can for all its people?

Nancy Pelosi's daughter interviewed some able bodied black males outside a welfare office near her home. They were not looking for a job, did not want a job, and hadn't had a job in years. One had like 6 kids with 5 different women. Should I really have to work overtime to pay these deadbeats bills?
That's your excuse for thinking middle class and poor are over-represented?

There are those who think that able bodied black males who have six kids by five women, who have no job, who have not had a job for years and are not looking for a job, should be supported by those who work eight hours a day, five or six days a week, just because the color of their skin or because their great-great-grand daddies were slaves or because Al Sharpton says so?

When that mind set takes over one can kiss America goodbye.

In other words, America is another Liberal Democrat president away from completing the "fundamental transformation" promised and pledged by the quisling and swallowed up whole by the idiots. Sadly, TWICE.

The Boston Tea Party was not about the Constitution nor was it about conservative values. It was about no taxation without representation.

So you're saying that the Tea Party was not about the ... Conservative values. That it was about [conservative values.]?

Perhaps you'd like to take a minute and revise your remarks. I'll wait... .

So you're saying that the Tea Party was not about the ... Conservative values. That it was about [conservative values.]?

Perhaps you'd like to take a minute and revise your remarks. I'll wait... .
Just so we are one the same page please provide a link to a source which you believe accurately represents conservative values.

That's the most conservative value imaginable, one to which the Federalist Papers devoted countless pages to.
Odd. Because when Democrats trying to represent the poor they are viewed by some conservatives as unAmerican. Representation is not a conservative or a liberal issue. It is about the human condition in this country. Is this government doing all it can for all its people?

Nancy Pelosi's daughter interviewed some able bodied black males outside a welfare office near her home. They were not looking for a job, did not want a job, and hadn't had a job in years. One had like 6 kids with 5 different women. Should I really have to work overtime to pay these deadbeats bills?

There are those who think that able bodied black males who have six kids by five women, who have no job, who have not had a job for years and are not looking for a job, should be supported by those who work eight hours a day, five or six days a week, just because the color of their skin or because their great-great-grand daddies were slaves or because Al Sharpton says so?

In other words, America is another Liberal Democrat president away from completing the "fundamental transformation" promised and pledged by the quisling and swallowed up whole by the idiots. Sadly, TWICE.
So you believe this country is tipped too far to helping the poor? Specific examples aside I am referring to the 50 million Americans live below the poverty line, $23,492 per year for a family of four.

And if you do not think that number is kissing America goodbye give it another few more months and you are about to find out how bad things get. This whole thread might very well be about could have been. What will be is already here. Maybe it just has not made it to your doorstep yet, but it will.

Just so we are one the same page please provide a link to a source which you believe accurately represents conservative values.

No problem and I can do better than THAT! I'll cite ya the foundation of on which conservatives; which is to say Americans, rest.

Now pay attention and tell me if you've ever heard this before:

The American Charter of Principles:

"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness; that, to secure these rights, governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed; that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security. Such has been the patient sufferance of these colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former systems of government...."

I hope that helps... .

Last edited:

So you believe this country is tipped too far to helping the poor? Specific examples aside I am referring to the 50 million Americans live below the poverty line, $23,492 per year for a family of four.

And if you do not think that number is kissing America goodbye give it another few more months and you are about to find out how bad things get. This whole thread might very well be about could have been. What will be is already here. Maybe it just has not made it to your doorstep yet, but it will.

Go complain to Obama, he's the jackass vetoing bi-partisan bills that would have created high paying middle class jobs. Go complain to his run amok EPA who have slammed businesses with thousands of jobs killing regulations. Go complain to Obama and Democrat leaders in congress who slammed businesses with the jobs killing Obamacare, 18,000+ pages of regulations and growing. HELLO, HELLO EARTH TO LIBERALS good grief pull your heads out of your ass.

No problem and I can do better than THAT! I'll cite ya the foundation of on which conservatives; which is to say Americans, rest.

"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness; that, to secure these rights, governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed; that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security. Such has been the patient sufferance of these colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former systems of government...."

I hope that helps... .
All other questions aside, of which there are many, what does that have to do with taxation without representation?

Go complain to Obama, he's the jackass vetoing bi-partisan bills that would have created high paying middle class jobs. Go complain to his run amok EPA who have slammed businesses with thousands of jobs killing regulations. Go complain to Obama and Democrat leaders in congress who slammed businesses with the jobs killing Obamacare, 18,000+ pages of regulations and growing. HELLO, HELLO EARTH TO LIBERALS good grief pull your heads out of your ass.
Liberals and conservatives and anyone else in government; What the fuck are you doing up there!? And most definitely our one and only President of the United States of freefall.

So you believe this country is tipped too far to helping the poor?

ROFLMNAO! 18 trillion in debt 'helping the poor' ain't ENOUGH! Tipped?

ROFL!

You can NOT make this crap up!
Numbers mean nothing. When I say not doing enough I mean like actually 'not doing enough'. Apparently that money is going where much of our tax money goes. Only problem is no one seems to really know where that is.

I hope that helps... .
All other questions aside, of which there are many, what does that have to do with taxation without representation?

ROFLMNAO!

You're asking me what 'The Declaration of Independence', has to do with "Taxation without representation"?

Your concession is duly noted and summarily accepted.

I hope that helps... .

ROFLMNAO!

You're asking me what 'The Declaration of Independence', has to do with "Taxation without representation"?

Do you pay your taxes? Do you feel represented?

I hope that helps... .

ROFLMNAO!

I am an American...

Would you care to cite something in the way of Example that would indicate that Americans are in ANY WAY represented in this would-be Government?

I hope that helps... .

ROFLMNAO!

I am an American...

Would you care to cite something in the way of Example that would indicate that Americans are in ANY WAY represented in this would-be Government?
Just as a hypothetical question. Do you believe anything short of an overthrow of the current government would fix the situation? (Am I allowed to ask such a question? I should have probably checked the Patriot Act first.)

Forum List

Back