What the Boston Tea Party was really about.

RandomVariable

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014
The Boston Tea Party was not about the Constitution nor was it about conservative values. It was about no taxation without representation. No taxation without representation was not just about those that gave money to the Crown had a say in Parliament but that a lesser power such a America had a say in the greater power, the British Empire. That America was represented, that America mattered, was the message that night in the Boston harbor.

Today we do not have taxation with representation. The people who pay the bulk of the taxes in this country are not represented. But the representation desired was for more than just the people paying the bulk of the tax, those who drank the most tea, it was for all Americans.

And it is the duty of every public servant, from every meter maid to the President himself, to do the best they can for every one of the citizens of this country. Looking around this country it is not hard to see the system has broken down along the way. This is not a country whose government has the best interest of its people in mind. This is no longer a government of the people, for the people, and by the people. All it would take get this country back on course if for everyone who shows up for work Monday morning to take a look around and say, "This is America. Let's make her great again."

...and they're the first to rise up and defend countries who hang gays and oppress and persecute women and minorities. Stinking hypocrites.
Why are you rewriting history? The constitution didn't exist fool when the Boston tea party took place

Today we have Obama's base voting to siphon off the labors of other; it's representation without taxation

Oh great. Yet another RW rant based on opinions without a single fact in sight.

Carry on kiddies.

If we taught American history everyone would know that the Boston Tea Party was about no taxation without representation. It wouldn't come as a surprise revelation.

If we taught American history everyone would know that the Boston Tea Party was about no taxation without representation. It wouldn't come as a surprise revelation.
Sorry if I stray off topic but this is important. Can't teach liberal arts very well if one is teaching to the test. I wonder how well American history is represented on Common Core.

Oh great. Yet another RW rant based on opinions without a single fact in sight.

Carry on kiddies.
You know me, just can't help these RW rants. Is there some fact in particular you would like to point out? Oh, and just because I am a religious radical fanatic does not make me RW.

Today we have Obama's base voting to siphon off the labors of other; it's representation without taxation
How would you categorize Obama's base?

As fucking idiots.
OK, but are they over-represented in government?

Based on their dismal financial situation I'd say their representatives are AWOL
Well they do show back up in their states and districts every few years or so. It is odd between what is said while their home and what happens while their away. Is it because they do not have the power or they choose not to represent?

The Boston Tea Party was not about the Constitution nor was it about conservative values. It was about no taxation without representation.

That's the most conservative value imaginable, one to which the Federalist Papers devoted countless pages to.

Right now we have a Dictator saying he's is "very interested" in raising taxes via Executive Order. This should concern you greatly.

The Boston Tea Party was not about the Constitution nor was it about conservative values. It was about no taxation without representation.

That's the most conservative value imaginable, one to which the Federalist Papers devoted countless pages to.
Odd. Because when Democrats trying to represent the poor they are viewed by some conservatives as unAmerican. Representation is not a conservative or a liberal issue. It is about the human condition in this country. Is this government doing all it can for all its people?

Odd. Because when Democrats trying to represent the poor they are viewed by some conservatives as unAmerican. Representation is not a conservative or a liberal issue. It is about the human condition in this country. Is this government doing all it can for all its people?

Nancy Pelosi's daughter interviewed some able bodied black males outside a welfare office near her home. They were not looking for a job, did not want a job, and hadn't had a job in years. One had like 6 kids with 5 different women. Should I really have to work overtime to pay these deadbeats bills?

Nancy Pelosi's daughter interviewed some able bodied black males outside a welfare office near her home. They were not looking for a job, did not want a job, and hadn't had a job in years. One had like 6 kids with 5 different women. Should I really have to work overtime to pay these deadbeats bills?
That's your excuse for thinking middle class and poor are over-represented?

^^^ deflection, typical liberal troll behavior.

^^^ deflection, typical liberal troll behavior.
Not that I understand that but let's try it this way:
Do you think the middle class and poor are over-represented in the government?

Forum List

Back