What should we do to employers who hire illegal immigrants?

What should we do to employers who hire illegal immigrants?

• Yes, $20,000 per illegal immigrant and one year in prison sounds about right

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • No, we shouldn't bother the employers of illegal immigrants

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Other, specify below

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters
LOLOLOLOL
They’ll hop another bus and come right back

48019224081_99a65de5a2_b.jpg

Locking them up won't erase the jobs.

If I were to go to prison tomorrow for hiring illegals (which I proudly do not do), my businesses would continue to operate.

You have to go after the business itself, as well...
Your business would continue to operate, but would whomever replaces you be willing to risk jail time for cheap employees?

This is the real problem, business of course likes cheap labor, so the rule is the illegal has to find good fake papers then the employer can just say there papers were in order.
That's why you mandate E-Verify AND force the IRS and Social Security Administration to investigate and prosecute people making multiple payments on a single SSAN. Right now neither organization cares if there are fifty John Does with SSAN 111-22-3333 paying into the system from multiple states.

Your business would continue to operate, but would whomever replaces you be willing to risk jail time for cheap employees?

You're missing the point.

Right now, if I were in the position of being an unscrupulous employer and I ended up in jail, my business can continue to operate. If I knowing hired illegals, the government should make sure that it can't...

Employers hire illegal immigrants because they like the cheap wages.

We should do the same thing we do to anyone who buys something from an illegal immigrant. Or anyone who gives them money. Or is kind to them. Or gives them support in any way.

Illegal immigrants like the jobs because they can make in one month in America what they can make in a entire year back in their home countries.

The only way to stop illegal immigration is to punish the people who employ illegal immigrants.

How about:

1. If you whistle blow on a employer who hires illegal immigrants, you get $1,000 per illegal immigrant deported.

2. Employers are fined $20,000 per illegal immigrant and 1 year in federal prison.

Guaranteed to get rid of the 12+ million illegal immigrants living and working in America.

trump did zero to deport the 12+ million illegal immigrants living in working in America.

A thousand dollars a day... after a grace period of 90 days. That's why we need to expand E Verify.

But first, they'll have to find legal citizens who are willing to do those jobs.
To find legal citizens who are willing to do those jobs we should eliminate welfare, except for those physically unable to work, and we should increase the severity of the criminal justice system.

When Aid for Families with Dependent Children was introduced during the New Deal it was specifically restricted for widows, deserted wives, and their legitimate children. We should return to those restrictions. Single mothers with illegitimate children should receive no help from the government at all.

To find legal citizens who are willing to do those jobs we should eliminate welfare, except for those physically unable to work, and we should increase the severity of the criminal justice system.

When Aid for Families with Dependent Children was introduced during the New Deal it was specifically restricted for widows, deserted wives, and their legitimate children. We should return to those restrictions. Single mothers with illegitimate children should receive no help from the government at all.

You may recall this by the brilliant Milton Friedman:

Milton Friedman was for illegal immigration.
"Friedman's considered view is that free migration without a welfare state is first best.
Welfare for all legal residents makes first-best free migration impossible. In that case, a high rate of illegal immigration is the second-best solution."
Milton Friedman's Argument for Illegal Immigration

Sooo....either open borders but no welfare in the country....or control of our borders but no welfare in the country.

Democrats demand both, so they get to buy votes.
Interesting economic choice?

You may recall this by the brilliant Milton Friedman:

Milton Friedman was for illegal immigration.
"Friedman's considered view is that free migration without a welfare state is first best.
Welfare for all legal residents makes first-best free migration impossible. In that case, a high rate of illegal immigration is the second-best solution."
Milton Friedman's Argument for Illegal Immigration
That certainly undermines the border wall argument. Pun intended.

Illegal immigrants like the jobs because they can make in one month in America what they can make in a entire year back in their home countries.

The only way to stop illegal immigration is to punish the people who employ illegal immigrants.

How about:

1. If you whistle blow on a employer who hires illegal immigrants, you get $1,000 per illegal immigrant deported.

2. Employers are fined $20,000 per illegal immigrant and 1 year in federal prison.

Guaranteed to get rid of the 12+ million illegal immigrants living and working in America.

trump did zero to deport the 12+ million illegal immigrants living in working in America.

That's one of the ways. Another way is to stop meddling in the politics of Latin American countries and let them build their economies. Whenever a Latin American leader decides they want to invest their budget in building infrastructure and they begin nationalizing their country's natural wealth, like oil, precious metals..etc, the US government stops it. They impose crippling sanctions, they orchestrate coups, they threaten Latin American countries with American bombs and boots on the ground..etc. They've done it many times already. Just google "US intervention Latin America". I'm against illegal immigration, I'm all for building a wall, and making sure our jobs are for Americans and not for foreigners. But we need to stop creating conditions in Latin America that creates much of the illegal immigration.

Exactly. It's a win-win situation. Both economies benefit. This is the point Friedman was trying to make.

Forum List

Back