What right to the Arab Muslims have to the disputed territories

Boston1

Gold Member
Dec 26, 2015
Colorado
What within international law says its not available for the creation of a national Jewish homeland ?

As I read it, everything west of the Jordan is open to Israeli use.

Trans-Jordan Memorandum, 16 September 1922[edit]

Geneva,

September 23rd, 1922.

ARTICLE 25 OF THE PALESTINE MANDATE. Territory known as Trans-Jordan.

Note by the Secretary-General.

The Secretary-General has the honour to communicate for the information of the Members of the League, a memorandum relating to Article 25 of the Palestine Mandate presented by the British Government to the Council of the League on September 16th, 1922.

The memorandum was approved by the Council subject to the decision taken at its meeting in London on July 24th, 1922, with regard to the coming into force of the Palestine and Syrian mandates.

Memorandum by the British Representative.

1. Article 25 of the Mandate for Palestine provides as follows :— " In the territories lying between the Jordan and the eastern boundary of Palestine as ultimately determined, the Mandatory shall be entitled, with the consent of the Council of the League of Nations, to postpone or withhold application of such provisions of this Mandate as he may consider inapplicable to the existing local conditions, and to make such provision for the administration of the territories as he may consider suitable to those conditions, provided no action shall be taken which is inconsistent with the provisions of Articles 15, 16 and 18."

2. In pursuance of the provisions of this Article, His Majesty's Government invite the Council to pass the following resolution : — "The following provisions of the Mandate for Palestine are not applicable to the territory known as Trans-Jordan, which comprises all territory lying to the east of a line drawn from a point two miles west of the town of Akaba on the Gulf of that name up the centre of the Wady Araba, Dead Sea and River Jordan to its junction with the River Yarmuk; thence up the centre of that river to the Syrian Frontier."

Preamble. — Recitals 2 and 3.

Article 2. — The words "placing the country under such political, administrative and economic conditions as will secure the establishment of the Jewish national home, as laid down in the preamble, and".

Article 4.

Article 6.

Article 7. — The sentence " There shall be included in this law provisions framed so as to facilitate the acquisition of Palestinian citizenship by Jews who take up their permanent residence in Palestine."

Article 11. — The second sentence of the first paragraph and the second paragraph.

Article 13.

Article 14.

Article 22.

Article 23.

In the application of the Mandate to Trans-Jordan, the action which, in Palestine, is taken by the Administration of the latter country, will be taken by the Administration of Trans-Jordan under the general supervision of the Mandatory.

3. His Majesty's Government accept full responsibility as Mandatory for Trans-Jordan, and undertake that such provision as may be made for the administration of that territory in accordance with Article 25 of the Mandate shall be in no way inconsistent with those provisions of the Mandate which are not by this resolution declared inapplicable.

End Quote

The only exclusion made against the formation of a national Jewish homeland is from the center of the Jordan EAST.

There's no other restrictions

All the UN efforts were rejected by the Arabs themselves and would have been only suggestions anyway unless passed by the security council.

So where am I misreading this if there is any validity to the Arab Muslim claims to anything West of the Jordan ? or anything supporting the claim that Israel is "occupying" "their" land. Clearly its not "their" land

I see the irony of the removal of the Arab non-Israelis to the east, since their ancestors cheered Hitler on in removing the Jews east.

Karma has a great big schlong.

What within international law says its not available for the creation of a national Jewish homeland ?

Geneva,

September 23rd, 1922.

The Secretary-General has the honour to communicate for the information of the Members of the League, a memorandum relating to Article 25 of the Palestine Mandate presented by the British Government to the Council of the League on September 16th, 1922.

The memorandum was approved by the Council subject to the decision taken at its meeting in London on July 24th, 1922, with regard to the coming into force of the Palestine and Syrian mandates.

1. Article 25 of the Mandate for Palestine provides as follows :— " In the territories lying between the Jordan and the eastern boundary of Palestine as ultimately determined, the Mandatory shall be entitled, with the consent of the Council of the League of Nations, to postpone or withhold application of such provisions of this Mandate as he may consider inapplicable to the existing local conditions, and to make such provision for the administration of the territories as he may consider suitable to those conditions, provided no action shall be taken which is inconsistent with the provisions of Articles 15, 16 and 18."

2. In pursuance of the provisions of this Article, His Majesty's Government invite the Council to pass the following resolution : — "The following provisions of the Mandate for Palestine are not applicable to the territory known as Trans-Jordan, which comprises all territory lying to the east of a line drawn from a point two miles west of the town of Akaba on the Gulf of that name up the centre of the Wady Araba, Dead Sea and River Jordan to its junction with the River Yarmuk; thence up the centre of that river to the Syrian Frontier."

Article 2. — The words "placing the country under such political, administrative and economic conditions as will secure the establishment of the Jewish national home, as laid down in the preamble, and".

Article 4.

Article 6.

Article 7. — The sentence " There shall be included in this law provisions framed so as to facilitate the acquisition of Palestinian citizenship by Jews who take up their permanent residence in Palestine."

Article 11. — The second sentence of the first paragraph and the second paragraph.

Article 13.

Article 14.

Article 22.

Article 23.

In the application of the Mandate to Trans-Jordan, the action which, in Palestine, is taken by the Administration of the latter country, will be taken by the Administration of Trans-Jordan under the general supervision of the Mandatory.

3. His Majesty's Government accept full responsibility as Mandatory for Trans-Jordan, and undertake that such provision as may be made for the administration of that territory in accordance with Article 25 of the Mandate shall be in no way inconsistent with those provisions of the Mandate which are not by this resolution declared inapplicable.

End Quote

The only exclusion made against the formation of a national Jewish homeland is from the center of the Jordan EAST.

All the UN efforts were rejected by the Arabs themselves and would have been only suggestions anyway unless passed by the security council.

So where am I misreading this if there is any validity to the Arab Muslim claims to anything West of the Jordan ? or anything supporting the claim that Israel is "occupying" "their" land. Clearly its not "their" land

What right did the British have to annex the land in the first place?

Then you need to be able to read English a little better!

Let me help you....

"September 23rd, 1922.

ARTICLE 25 OF THE PALESTINE MANDATE"

That is taken from your post...

Does it say Israel?

NO!

Geneva,

September 23rd, 1922.

Article 4.

Article 6.

Article 13.

Article 14.

Article 22.

Article 23.

End Quote

What right did the British have to annex the land in the first place?

Yikes, the British didn't annex anything, the league of nations placed the territory under a mandate for which the British were responsible.

;--)

Israel-WavingBig.gif

Then you need to be able to read English a little better!

Let me help you....

"September 23rd, 1922.

ARTICLE 25 OF THE PALESTINE MANDATE"

That is taken from your post...

Does it say Israel?

NO!

Not only do you insist on being vulgar but ignorant as well

You might note that the mandate references back to the declaration of 1917 which clearly reads.

The Avalon Project : Balfour Declaration November 2, 1917

November 2nd, 1917

Dear Lord Rothschild,

I have much pleasure in conveying to you, on behalf of His Majesty's Government, the following declaration of sympathy with Jewish Zionist aspirations which has been submitted to, and approved by, the Cabinet.

"His Majesty's Government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavours to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country."

I should be grateful if you would bring this declaration to the knowledge of the Zionist Federation.

Yours sincerely,

Arthur James Balfour

End Quote

So what was that again about comprehension ? Cause It would appear that once again the racist views of the Arab Muslims within the mandated area depend heavily on some very selective memories and some seriously revisionist diatribe.

Otherwise known as outright lies.

Israel-WavingBig.gif

PS out of respect for our moderators wishes I dug up a different flag. Although I'm really not clear what the problem was with the last one. I guess I'd have never imagined anyone so petty as to complain the my flag was bigger than theirs. Although I get this question a lot and my typical response is "luck of the draw I guess" LMAO ;--)

Stephen-Colbert-Frozen-Jaw-Drop-Gif-On-The-Colbert-Report-Gif.gif

Wasn't that nice of the British. To offer up land inhabited by native people to Europeans of a particular faith. I suppose they figured that they could eliminate the native people one way or another.

Wasn't that nice of the British. To offer up land inhabited by native people to Europeans of a particular faith. I suppose they figured that they could eliminate the native people one way or another.
At worst case, life's a bitch.

Theres nothing in the mandate or the declaration that I can see that forbids Israel from setting up camp anywhere west of the Jordan within the mandated area.

Ergo Israel is not "occupying" palestinian land, on the contrary, the Arab Muslims are occupying Israeli land

Wasn't it nice of the British to offer up land inhabited by TWO native peoples to BOTH those native peoples. Too bad the Arab Muslims are too greedy to share.

Forum List

Back