CDZ What makes a good poster?

Thanks in part to our current president, people assume that dishonesty is acceptable as long as it's for a good cause.

Assuming that your post is not dishonest, what dishonesty on the part of our current President has resulted in serious and measurable negative consequences for our country? Please be specific.

The dishonesty itself isn’t enough?

Cool. This will be a great thing to remember as we move forward; as long as the consequences of lying are not serious…it’s all good.

Would you accept such an argument from someone who works for you? Yeah, I claimed 4 hours of overtime last week…but is that really “serious”?

The president is supposed to work for us. Right?

It’s amazing how Trump supporters will go to any length to prop up the piece of garbage they voted for.

In other words, neither you nor Flopper can come up with a single example of how "dishonesty" on the part of our current President has resulted in serious and measurable negative consequences for our country.

Anyone else want to give it a try?
Sure. Growing Partisan Differences in Views of the FBI; Stark Divide over ICE
Less than half of self-identified GOP members look at the FBI in a favorable light. Think that's a serious problem if the premier law enforcement agency is looked at with distrust. This is undoubtedly due in large part because of Trumps constant barrage of lies.
Trust in Trump remains low worldwide
This hampers the US ability to negotiate on the international stage. Look what that does to the DOW. He has broken several international agreements while lying about the motivation not the least of which is this.
Iran suspends parts of nuclear deal. Iran starting their nuclear programs again can be considered negative, can't it? There are many more but let's start here.

393523999d1e76c370ef38ea86381ff6.jpg

You win hands down.

What exactly do you mean by "hands down"? :uhh:

I take the 5th.

What makes a good poster:

1. The ability to take it as well as dish it out.
2. Being able to compartmentalize - i.e., not carrying conflict from political discussion into the social/fun/nonpolitical areas of the board.
3. A sense of humor.

2. Being able to compartmentalize - i.e., not carrying conflict from political discussion into the social/fun/nonpolitical areas of the board.
3. A sense of humor.

#3 is rarer than hens' teeth around here

3. A sense of humor.
I agree. I'd take #2 a bit further--it's good to compartmentalize from one thread to another (unless they are on the same topic). I try not to take grudges from one thread to another. One argument shouldn't follow someone like a storm cloud.

3. A sense of humor.

That's where Batfink comes in.

ahem... I said, that's where Batfink comes in.....

Thanks in part to our current president, people assume that dishonesty is acceptable as long as it's for a good cause.

Assuming that your post is not dishonest, what dishonesty on the part of our current President has resulted in serious and measurable negative consequences for our country? Please be specific.

Cool. This will be a great thing to remember as we move forward; as long as the consequences of lying are not serious…it’s all good.

Would you accept such an argument from someone who works for you? Yeah, I claimed 4 hours of overtime last week…but is that really “serious”?

It’s amazing how Trump supporters will go to any length to prop up the piece of garbage they voted for.

In other words, neither you nor Flopper can come up with a single example of how "dishonesty" on the part of our current President has resulted in serious and measurable negative consequences for our country.

Less than half of self-identified GOP members look at the FBI in a favorable light. Think that's a serious problem if the premier law enforcement agency is looked at with distrust. This is undoubtedly due in large part because of Trumps constant barrage of lies.
This hampers the US ability to negotiate on the international stage. Look what that does to the DOW. He has broken several international agreements while lying about the motivation not the least of which is this.
Iran suspends parts of nuclear deal. Iran starting their nuclear programs again can be considered negative, can't it? There are many more but let's start here.
Ah, the funny button..... the thing a person does when they can't form a rebuttal.

Just curious why would Democrats look positive at the F.B.I. since Comey lost the election for Hillary?

Just curious why would Democrats look positive at the F.B.I. since Comey lost the election for Hillary?

Maybe because not everyone bases all their judgments on their political party? I believe in our FBI and the rest of our intelligence services. Comey was one man. You don't damn the entire police force for what one man did.

3. A sense of humor.
I agree. I'd take #2 a bit further--it's good to compartmentalize from one thread to another (unless they are on the same topic). I try not to take grudges from one thread to another. One argument shouldn't follow someone like a storm cloud.

Indeed. There are quite a few posters that insult me with a great deal of gusto in political threads, but with whom I have quite collegial relationships in fun threads. It's best not to hold grudges.

3. A sense of humor.

That's where Batfink comes in.

ahem... I said, that's where Batfink comes in.....

[lurch voice]You rang?[/lurch voice]

Batfink
by boedicca on US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Maybe because not everyone bases all their judgments on their political party? I believe in our FBI and the rest of our intelligence services. Comey was one man. You don't damn the entire police force for what one man did.

Well also you have America's two favorite lovers, (but they were just against Trump)

Well also you have America's two favorite lovers, (but they were just against Trump)

I imagine they're both divorced by now, don't you?

Because I look at Comey as someone who made certain decisions in the belief it was in the best interest of the FBI. Those decisions might have screwed Clinton, but they were made out of a desire to protect his agency from politically motivated attacks. As it happens it still happened, but to me, he did it out of a sense of duty to law and order. I thought this while it happened. I thought this after the results of it became clear and I still think it now. My position on it did not change.

Ah, the funny button..... the thing a person does when they can't form a rebuttal.

Still waiting for your SPECIFIC example...
Iran starting their nuclear programs again can be considered negative, can't it?

What does Trump's "dishonesty" have to do with that? Are you unable to distinguish between words and actions? Or between nuclear weapons and missiles?

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Iran starting their nuclear programs again can be considered negative, can't it?

What does Trump's "dishonesty" have to do with that? Are you unable to distinguish between words and actions?

You do realize he took the ACTION to renege on the nuclear deal and reimpose sanctions. As a result of wich, Iran is again wanting to start its nuclear program?

What does Trump's "dishonesty" have to do with that? Are you unable to distinguish between words and actions?

You do realize he took the ACTION to renege on the nuclear deal and reimpose sanctions. As a result of wich, Iran is again wanting to start its nuclear program?

Do you really think that Iran ever stopped working on their nuclear program?

Forum List

Back