What law(s) would have stopped the Buffalo shooting?

This is all I can find on it right now.
Well, he was breaking the law before he even pulled into the parking lot.

So, again, this isn't a matter of guns killing people. It's a matter of a criminal continuing to break the law...

Laws don't stop lunatics.
How we can reduce the lunacy rate is an open debate.

One thing I can think of that might be helpful:
Last time I drove through New York state, I saw 9 state troopers in less than 50 miles waiting for someone to go 56+ mph.
Maybe if fewer Leo were delegated to bringing in revenue, and more dedicated to protection of the public?
In this case the law should of stopped him from buying the weapons. He wrote racial slurs on them and drive half way across the state to find a black community.

It's pretty easy to figure out:
He was not a prohibited person, and was legally able to buy a gun.
Well the law has the parents having to agree along with law enforcement and others. Somebody dropped the ball. Which there is no law that is bullet proof. Sorry about the pun.

Well the law has the parents having to agree along with law enforcement and others.
He's 18. The parents shave nothing to do with it.
And, even in the state of NY, you do not have to ask the police before you buy a rifle - no permit, no licensrure, no registration.
Somebody dropped the ball. Which there is no law that is bullet proof. Sorry about the pun.
Thus my questions:
What law(s) would have stopped this?
Why do you think so?
How do they not violate the constitution?

Not according to the laws of the state of NY.
Nothing in them made him a prohitibted person.
His mental state and threats should of triggered the mental health restriction under new york law. And he should of been blocked from purchasing the weapons. Because he made his intent known about shoot shootings.

According to the article he was referred to mental health care.

But it doesn't say if the parents followed through.

Under the New York law you have to have local law enforcement a judge and his parents sign off on it to stop him from no buying guns.

This wouldn't be the first time that laws didn't work as intended.

His mental state and threats should of triggered the mental health restriction under new york law.
The mental health professtionals who evaluated him did not think so, as he wast not reported to the state.
If they believed he was a threat, they woudl have been reqyuired by law to so report.
And he should of been blocked from purchasing the weapons. Because he made his intent known about shoot shootings.
This is not illegal.
And if it here, he had not been arreted, indicted, tried, and convicted of it.
As such, he was not a prohibited person, and was legally able to own a gun.

The mental health professtionals who evaluated himdid not think so, as he wast not reported to the state.
If they believed he was a threat, they woudl have been reqyuired by law to so report.

This is not illegal.
And if it here, he had not been arreted, indicted, tried, and convicted of it.
As such, he was not a prohibited person, and was legally able to own a gun.
Well mental health professionals sure dropped the ball. If the mental health professionals would of ruled him unstable and a threat the law would of kicked in if they would of judge him in that state.

This is a problem with the law. Wouldn't you say he is crazy?

Forum List

Back