What is the solution? Or at least what action should be taken?

I am not looking for "We needs armed good guys!" or "Ban all privately owned guns!".

I am looking for actual, workable things that can be done to prevent the kinds of tragedies we have seen in the last week.

For conservatives, the time for Thoughts & Prayers is over. If you won't come up with solutions, someone else will. If the population is afraid, they will surrender their freedoms for a sense of safety. You have to do something.

For liberals, the knee-jerk reaction of banning guns is not a viable answer. Fuck party lines. This is about a balance of safety and individual freedom (especially the freedom to defend ourselves).

So what are the answer(s)?

I do not see an easy way to get there from here. As a society we have turned away from God, and we have turned away from His standards of decency, morality, and ethics, and even common sense. As long as we continue in that direction, as long as we do not turn back from it, we will continue increasingly to reap the consequences.

God? How many people have died or killed in the name of God? Billions.
How many millions have been murdered by the Godless?

Chronology of Mass Killings during the Chinese Cultural Revolution (1966-1976) | Sciences Po Mass Violence and Resistance - Research Network

I am not looking for "We needs armed good guys!" or "Ban all privately owned guns!".

I am looking for actual, workable things that can be done to prevent the kinds of tragedies we have seen in the last week.

For conservatives, the time for Thoughts & Prayers is over. If you won't come up with solutions, someone else will. If the population is afraid, they will surrender their freedoms for a sense of safety. You have to do something.

For liberals, the knee-jerk reaction of banning guns is not a viable answer. Fuck party lines. This is about a balance of safety and individual freedom (especially the freedom to defend ourselves).

Seriously restricting the type and number of guns and ammo a person can own is part of the solution. No one said you couldn't have a gun. There is no reason why society can't tell you what type you can own, though. It is very obviously a safety issue at this point, and you can't possibly argue that it isn't. All guns shoot bullets and therefore all can be used to kill varmints and kill bad guys or deter bad guys via threat of using same. It doesn't have to be an assault weapon.

We have a Second Amendment and should have no security problems in our free States.

Should have no security problems? You are an idiot. Go back to offering free full body massages to unsuspecting girls.
i can't be the idiot; i have the valid arguments.

The answers to this are very simple...

1. Reinstate the ability for people to be institutionalized without consent when necessary

2. Keep dangerous, violent criminals in jail or execute them.

3. Create an expectation for Security at ALL public places.

4. Private citizens need to step up and start being the first responders in these incidents. Carry your gun to protect yourself and others.

5. A Federal firearms license incorporated into the drivers license system that disqualifies individuals who shouldn’t have access rather than asserting positive licensing.

6. A NICS system that can be accessed by everyone and takes no longer than 90 seconds to respond.

Thst would be a good start.

Surprisingly, you have provided solid answers and a start to the actual discussion.
I offered a solution,,,

Banning political parties? Do you think Nancy Pelosi or Mitch McConnell would be any different if they were part of a single group instead of a political party?

And what part of the US Constitution being enforced would provide a solution?

well in this case the borders being secured,,,that was the guys main malfunction

Anyone willing to drive 9 hours to open fire in a Walmart has far more malfunctions than a dislike of illegal immigrants. But at least it is a proactive suggestion.

we only have his words to go by,,,

No, we also have his actions to go by.

Are all the victims illegal immigrants? He opened fire in a Walmart when people were doing their back to school shopping. He has serious issues and more than just his problem with illegal immigrants.
If you read his online explanation, he didn't have an issue with just illegals. A poster here said he has been at the WalMart and he and his son were the only white people in it, All were Mexicans, he said. I doubt if Patrick Crusius distinguished between illegal and legal, just as many of the bigots here don't. They hate them all.

God? How many people have died or killed in the name of God? Billions.

Not even a tiny fraction of those murdered by the Godless.

Legalized abortion, by itself, now accounts for more than three Nazi Holocausts worth of mass murder. Throw in the mass murders committed by Godless Communist governments. And even those murders supposedly committed in the name of God, where committed by Satanic elements who perverted and corrupted the very concept of God, to fit their evil and murderous agendas.

The rejection of the true God, and of the standards which he has given us for morality and ethics, is at the very core of nearly all of our social ills.

Satan is very good at filling in the void that is left when we drive God out of our lives, out of our institutions, out of our society. Sometimes his work is very subtle, and you have to look very carefully, and know what you are looking for, to see it. Sometimes it is very blatant, and you have to be spectacularly blind not to see it.

I find is disturbing how spectacularly blind much of our society has become.

Allah not God? Nearly 2bil kill in his name daily.

Yeah.....how can one blame both sides if you actually listened to reason.
"Reason"? Wingers don't deal in "reason". They deal in one-sided tribalism.
Yeah....everyone who is a patriot in this country is all single-minded.
We don't do squat without being directed from a higher level.

Wait......that sounds like a progressive, doesn't it?

The answers to this are very simple...

1. Reinstate the ability for people to be institutionalized without consent when necessary

2. Keep dangerous, violent criminals in jail or execute them.

3. Create an expectation for Security at ALL public places.

4. Private citizens need to step up and start being the first responders in these incidents. Carry your gun to protect yourself and others.

5. A Federal firearms license incorporated into the drivers license system that disqualifies individuals who shouldn’t have access rather than asserting positive licensing.

6. A NICS system that can be accessed by everyone and takes no longer than 90 seconds to respond.

Thst would be a good start.

Surprisingly, you have provided solid answers and a start to the actual discussion.
Banning political parties? Do you think Nancy Pelosi or Mitch McConnell would be any different if they were part of a single group instead of a political party?

And what part of the US Constitution being enforced would provide a solution?

well in this case the borders being secured,,,that was the guys main malfunction

Anyone willing to drive 9 hours to open fire in a Walmart has far more malfunctions than a dislike of illegal immigrants. But at least it is a proactive suggestion.

we only have his words to go by,,,

No, we also have his actions to go by.

Are all the victims illegal immigrants? He opened fire in a Walmart when people were doing their back to school shopping. He has serious issues and more than just his problem with illegal immigrants.
If you read his online explanation, he didn't have an issue with just illegals. A poster here said he has been at the WalMart and he and his son were the only white people in it, All were Mexicans, he said. I doubt if Patrick Crusius distinguished between illegal and legal, just as many of the bigots here don't. They hate them all.
So because Democrats refuse to deal with illegal immigration in any way.....don't you think they deserves some blame?

Anyone notice how the Dems left Washington and went overseas.....and the first Saturday of their recess....this shit happens?????

Democrats are living in 5 star hotels in Italy and enjoying our money......and we're left to deal with their corrupt media assholes drumming this shit up again.

Anyone notice how the Dems left Washington and went overseas.....and the first Saturday of their recess....this shit happens?????

Democrats are living in 5 star hotels in Italy and enjoying our money......and we're left to deal with their corrupt media assholes drumming this shit up again.

6 week paid vacation while 110,00 more swarm the Border Guards. They trumped it up as official business to get travel- hotels - meal included for how many of them? At least 25 or so? All Dem loons and most of the black caucus.

I'm a liberal and I am against banning all guns. Guns are a tool. This is a hate and violence problem which points towards a psychological solution. The mindset of the whites in this country has long been one of denial. The mindsets of the white perpetrators are a direct result of the their belief that the US belongs to whites only. Change both those dynamics and you get rid of the cowardly violence.

It's the Democrats who are unreasonable.
They won't spend the money to finish the border wall.
They fight against Trumps's Muslim ban.
They insist on keeping ObamaCare which should be illegal by now.

Yeah....everyone who is a patriot in this country is all single-minded.
We don't do squat without being directed from a higher level.

Wait......that sounds like a progressive, doesn't it?
Sure. As I always say, the two ends can be remarkably similar in their behaviors.

It's the Democrats who are unreasonable.
They won't spend the money to finish the border wall.
They fight against Trumps's Muslim ban.
They insist on keeping ObamaCare which should be illegal by now.
I know. The other guys.

Those guys. Over there.

yep thats left wingers in a nutshell,,,
Wingers are wingers. Tribe irrelevant.

Put the purse down Nancy and join the right side. There is only one right way and common sense. You cant spin truth. Wrong is just wrong, no maybe about it.

Forum List

Back