What is the meaning of Indigenous?

What did the natives call this place called America today?
Can you document claims that natives understood land ownership?
I think you mean Siberians settled America.
Indians understood ownership, but not the kind of private ownership as understood today. But ownership by their collective people

ex: The ancestral Sioux most likely lived in the Central Mississippi Valley region and later in Minnesota for at least two or three thousand years. The ancestors of the Sioux arrived in the northwoods of central Minnesota and northwestern Wisconsin from the Central Mississippi River shortly before 800 AD.

Indians understood ownership, but not the kind of private ownership as understood today. But ownership by their collective people

ex: The ancestral Sioux most likely lived in the Central Mississippi Valley region and later in Minnesota for at least two or three thousand years. The ancestors of the Sioux arrived in the northwoods of central Minnesota and northwestern Wisconsin from the Central Mississippi River shortly before 800 AD.
My sister is the real expert on Native tribes. However that be, my understanding of ownership of land is private ownership. I did study this years ago. I may have to study more.

Mine was not a claim. It was a question. It was not trying to change particulars about the current Native tribes who by the way currently actually do own their land.
They were paid for it by the USA.
Texas Nations were made to move to Oklahoma.
So, no, they do not own their ancient homeland.
And neither do many of the other tribes, since the lands were taken by colonizers and American governments like the one of Andrew Jackson and given to European arrivals.

I found this on Facebook. It is well written and makes tons of sense.

Are you indigenous?

Matt Walsh

Stosepndorgfb5g0tl6c M0rcl4m4a8aa749uO371 e03P96t211l:t9 o c ·
The whole concept of “indigenous people” is arbitrary, if not totally nonsensical. What makes a person “indigenous” exactly? How long does their lineage have to be present here? If I can trace my family back 100 years, is that not good enough? 200 years? 300 years? The absurd reality is that if you are a white person living in the United States of America, and your ancestors arrived here on the Mayflower 400 years ago, you still somehow do not count as either native or indigenous. This is not your native land, even after four centuries. Then where exactly is your native land? If you are not indigenous to this place, the place where you were born, and your parents were born, and your grandparents, and your grandparents grandparents, then where are you indigenous? The answer is nowhere. The cultural powers that be want you to consider yourself ancestrally homeless. You belong nowhere. You are a usurper and an invader no matter where you go. You have no native home, no matter how long your family has lived here.
Nobody applies this standard to the so-called “indigenous people.” None of them “originated” here. They all descend from people who came here at some point in the past and fought over the land and killed each other to claim whatever slice of it they possessed before the white settlers arrived. Those settlers fought for it too, and won. They built a life for themselves through work and toil and hardship and blood. Yet we are supposed to live in a state of perpetual shame over this history.
Well, I refuse to play that game. This is my home. I am native to this country. I originate here. I belong here. I am proud of our history. I am proud of the men who built our civilization. I celebrate those men. I will continue to celebrate them. Were they colonizers? Sure they were, and I celebrate that too. They colonized. Meaning they forged into an unknown wilderness and built a life for themselves, expanding western civilization in the process. It was a virtuous act. And through it, they earned the right to call this place home, and for all of their descendants through the ages to do the same.
That is why they get the holidays, they earned them.
whhebsbsnnsnsjsjsj.jpeg

Texas Nations were made to move to Oklahoma.
So, no, they do not own their ancient homeland.
And neither do many of the other tribes, since the lands were taken by colonizers and American governments like the one of Andrew Jackson and given to European arrivals.
Sounds as if you are building a case that the tribes of the USA must return the money to the Federal Government and get the hell off the land.

Democrats claim that all are indigenous to Africa. I believe a different theory of the creation of humans.
I might create a thread on that too.
Democrats do not claim anything like that. That is some study made by whomever where the theory is that all came from one Continent and then spread.

Theory

And if you look up the indigenous people of England, you may see that they came from all over Europe.

Still want to make a point about Siberia?
You don't believe in the land bridge theory from Siberia to the lands called the Americas?

My sister is the real expert on Native tribes. However that be, my understanding of ownership of land is private ownership. I did study this years ago. I may have to study more.
You can't have private ownership without a central government, and a governmental means of enforcement.

Sounds as if you are building a case that the tribes of the USA must return the money to the Federal Government and get the hell off the land.
What, after the US governments broke the treaties, one treaty at a time?

You speak of empty tongue.

You can't have private ownership without a central government, and a governmental means of enforcement.
The exact opposite. You cant have private ownership with a government.
You think you own your house? Or your car?
:rofl:

Democrats do not claim anything like that. That is some study made by whomever where the theory is that all came from one Continent and then spread.

Theory
Well blow me down. So many Democrat posters make that claim, about Siberia being the lands of the native tribes, coming down a land bridge from Siberia, I simply accepted this is a tenet of the Democrats. Do you believe the indigenous people are in Africa?

You don't believe in the land bridge theory from Siberia to the lands called the Americas?
You keep changing the subject, lol, you are so desperate.

NONE of the people after Columbus came to the American Continents with the Melting of the Ice age. NOT ONE.

Therefore, the first peoples who inhabited all three continents are the INDIGENOUS people of all of those lands.

Not, some pathetic Europeans who came 40,000 years later and STOLE the land, one mile at a time.

Forum List

Back