What is the benefits of Paramount Plus, Disney Plus, etc?

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Are shows now only being made for paid streaming shows and movies with the Plus crap? Or is it watch any time, otherwise if not on plus, you have to wait a week to see a show on regular cable?

I'm confused about this shit.

I haven't tried Paramount, but I love Disney+. All the Marvel movies on demand. Old cartoons. Just about every Disney classic you can think of. Especailly now that Disney owns the entire Fox library the amount of content is ridiculous.

Paramount has live tv. Not everything they have live you can watch anytime though. Like yellowstone.
I have paramount and am actually thinking about canceling.
Disney plus is ok
Hulu and netflix are good. Prime is good. HBO is good for new movies.
If you get an amaozn fire stick, you can get plenty of free shows and movies. Lots of commercials though.

Disney, Netflix, and Amazon are also pumping out a ton of original content that is pretty good. The two South Park Post Covid movies from Paramount+ were great, but I just watched them bootlegged. :dunno:

Disney, Netflix, and Amazon are also pumping out a ton of original content that is pretty good. The two South Park Post Covid movies from Paramount+ were great, but I just watched them bootlegged. :dunno:
Hilarious spoof on Stephen King's IT.

Last edited:
Are shows now only being made for paid streaming shows and movies with the Plus crap? Or is it watch any time, otherwise if not on plus, you have to wait a week to see a show on regular cable? I'm confused about this shit.

Gracie, all of this stuff is designed to part you from your money, and anyone stupid enough to buy into it deserves what they spend for supporting such services and making them viable. Now that cable TV is failing, they are trying to devalue free OTA television to move them into pay to watch streaming services.

Are shows now only being made for paid streaming shows and movies with the Plus crap? Or is it watch any time, otherwise if not on plus, you have to wait a week to see a show on regular cable?

I'm confused about this shit.
None since nearly everything on those networks can be found for free on the Internet. That and just about every sporting event is online. I use chromecast to watch it all on TV and pay nothing. Including new releases (though they sometimes can take a couple of weeks to show up).

I have netflix and prime...plus xfinity cable. In my cable package I get paramount..but not paramount plus. So..what IS paramount plus? Not having to wait a week to see a next episode of something? Hell, I can wait. But I want to see that new series with Will Smith that explores all kinds of places and things..but that is only on disney plus...I think. Not on regular cable. And I can watch all the marvel movies...once cable has them on that week, so I presume with disney plus, I can watch any time?

Don't know if I wanna pay more for something I can wait to see. Unless its the Will Smith program. That looks very interesting but it is not on regular cables Disney channel...which I can get, but not the PLUS part.

I have netflix and prime...plus xfinity cable. In my cable package I get paramount..but not paramount plus. So..what IS paramount plus? Not having to wait a week to see a next episode of something? Hell, I can wait. But I want to see that new series with Will Smith that explores all kinds of places and things..but that is only on disney plus...I think. Not on regular cable. And I can watch all the marvel movies...once cable has them on that week, so I presume with disney plus, I can watch any time?

Don't know if I wanna pay more for something I can wait to see. Unless its the Will Smith program. That looks very interesting but it is not on regular cables Disney channel...which I can get, but not the PLUS part.

I used to get satellite TV for between $60 and $200 a month depending on packages, but then the Dish broke and they refused to fix it in 2015 or 16 so I switched to OTA TV and found a whole new universe of about 60-70 channels worth watching, actually better than cable, for free! Maybe not everything, but, there are hardly any new movies which don't suck, I've actually found the absolute best ever (way better than Fox) news channel, for free, and with a DVR, it is all commercial free. Cost: (other than DVR): FREE, as TV was meant to be.

Gracie, all of this stuff is designed to part you from your money, and anyone stupid enough to buy into it deserves what they spend for supporting such services and making them viable. Now that cable TV is failing, they are trying to devalue free OTA television to move them into pay to watch streaming services.
Yeah. Why would you pay $15 a month to watch whatever you want whenever you want to watch it when you can pay $300 a month to watch whatever's on whenever a cable network decides to air it at a specific time? You're a very savvy consumer, toobfreak.

You're a very savvy consumer, toobfreak.

And you're an idiot. There is nothing in those boxes I want to see, as it stands now I pay NOTHING for TV now and have almost more to watch, when I want to watch it, for FREE, than I can keep up with daily. Right now I must have 60-70 hours of programming saved I haven't found time yet to catch up on.

Of course, should I ever run out of stuff or want to see something else, I already have about 1700 of the all time best movies, documentaries, dramas, sitcoms, et al., already saved in HD on a custom built storage system I made years ago for immediate recall if I should so choose, on top of other media as well.

Eventually, we will go with a firestick. But not right now. MrG likes his cable.

Enough with cable. You could probably subscribe to every streaming service that exists, and still pay way less a month than you would with cable.

Jim Gaffigan has this great stand-up bit. He says, "All my friends under 30 say they don't have cable. I ask them who they send their $300 a month to."

Paramount has live tv. Not everything they have live you can watch anytime though. Like yellowstone.
I have paramount and am actually thinking about canceling.
Disney plus is ok
Hulu and netflix are good. Prime is good. HBO is good for new movies.
If you get an amaozn fire stick, you can get plenty of free shows and movies. Lots of commercials though.

I've got a 4k firestick and I love it to death. I can do everything from it.

You can get a shitload of free stuff on it. Tubi has a lot of great movies and shows, although it's either good or total shit. Pluto has free movies, and live streaming channels a lot like cable in how it's setup. And I have some other oddball free ones like Plexa I check once in a while to see what's new.

I use Amazon prime and the free shipping is nice but having access to movies is a big one for me. They constantly cycle in and out movies I can watch. I especially love the huge amount of 70s and 80s horror movies on it. The "free" prime movies are a big selection and always changing.

And I cycle in and out of one other paid service. I'll use hbomax till I see most of what I want, switch to Hulu for a while and go back and fourth. I won't pay for more than one at a time because when you throw in free options there is way more than I can watch as it is.

Forum List

Back