Zone1 What is race realism?

That's not how reason works. Reason isn't supposition, it's evidence.
There is plenty of evidence that intelligence is largely determined genetically.

------------

MIT Technology Review
Scientists have linked hundreds of genes to intelligence. One psychologist says it’s time to test school kids.
By
Antonio Regaladoarchive page
April 2, 2018

For decades genetic researchers have sought the hereditary factors behind intelligence, with little luck. But now gene studies have finally gotten big enough—and hence powerful enough—to zero in on genetic differences linked to IQ.

A year ago, no gene had ever been tied to performance on an IQ test. Since then, more than 500 have, thanks to gene studies involving more than 200,000 test takers. Results from an experiment correlating one million people’s DNA with their academic success are due at any time.

There is plenty of evidence that intelligence is largely determined genetically.

------------

MIT Technology Review
Scientists have linked hundreds of genes to intelligence. One psychologist says it’s time to test school kids.
By
Antonio Regaladoarchive page
April 2, 2018

For decades genetic researchers have sought the hereditary factors behind intelligence, with little luck. But now gene studies have finally gotten big enough—and hence powerful enough—to zero in on genetic differences linked to IQ.

A year ago, no gene had ever been tied to performance on an IQ test. Since then, more than 500 have, thanks to gene studies involving more than 200,000 test takers. Results from an experiment correlating one million people’s DNA with their academic success are due at any time.

You should really read these articles....

As of now, the predictions are not highly accurate. The DNA variations that have been linked to test scores explain less than 10 percent of the intelligence differences between the people of European ancestry who’ve been studied.

You should really read these articles....
"As of now, the predictions are not highly accurate. The DNA variations that have been linked to test scores explain less than 10 percent of the intelligence differences between the people of European ancestry who’ve been studied."

-----------

This says that "as of now" DNA variations "explain less than 10 percent of intelligence differences."

No one maintains that a DNA test of a new born infant will provide an accurate and precise set of predictions about the kind of adult the infant will grow into. What matters is that more is being learned, despite taboos and sanctions against the research.

Genes create ceilings for aspirations. They do not predict how far below the ceiling an adult may wind up. Traumatic experiences can lead to psychological problems that prevent a person from achieving his potential. Nothing can enable a person to surpass his potential.

"As of now, the predictions are not highly accurate. The DNA variations that have been linked to test scores explain less than 10 percent of the intelligence differences between the people of European ancestry who’ve been studied."

-----------

This says that "as of now" DNA variations "explain less than 10 percent of intelligence differences."

No one maintains that a DNA test of a new born infant will provide an accurate and precise set of predictions about the kind of adult the infant will grow into. What matters is that more is being learned, despite taboos and sanctions against the research.

Genes create ceilings for aspirations. They do not predict how far below the ceiling an adult may wind up. Traumatic experiences can lead to psychological problems that prevent a person from achieving his potential. Nothing can enable a person to surpass his potential.
You have no basis for any of your claims and unfinished research doesn't count. I'm not saying genes don't influence intelligence at all but to the extent that they do is yet to be determined.

You have no basis for any of your claims and unfinished research doesn't count. I'm not saying genes don't influence intelligence at all but to the extent that they do is yet to be determined.
There is enough basis for my claims for further research. Unfortunately there are taboos and sanctions against doing the research.

There is enough basis for my claims for further research. Unfortunately there are taboos and sanctions against doing the research.
No there aren't. People have been doing that research for a while now. We have more evidence for nurture vs nature in regards to IQ just based off the fact the IQs keep steadily rising, out pacing any possible evolutionary explanation.

Research on "race" and IQ is strongly discouraged in American Academe. Look at how Charles Murray has been excoriated for decades for merely doing studies and publishing his findings, because Leftists do not like his conclusions. NOT because they can disprove them, but merely because they don't like them.

But regardless, the combination of an erosive culture, destructive family structure, and pre-existing disadvantages will keep America's Blacks sucking at the hind teat (statistically speaking) for at least another generation. Unfortunately for all, Obama's culture of exalting victimhood has set race relations back fifty years.

God bless the Blacks who ignore the naysayers and take advantage of what's out there.

Superbadbrotha, IM2 and the rest of the boys aren't going to be happy with you.
At last check I was a 61 year old MAN.

Racial Realism is nothing more than that old racist bullshit called scientific racism

And Don, there were HBCU's before one Asians stepped foot in a college. It was blacks in the south that pushed for public education. So it's not only Asians with a culture of needing to learn.

SAT's have been shown to be invalid determinants of IQ or ability. And if you go back and do the research you find that the SAT was created by a man named Madison Grant. Grant was a racist that promoted the Nordic Theory of white supremacy.

In short, racial realism is just another term for white racism. And white racism has nothing to do with realism.

No there aren't. People have been doing that research for a while now. We have more evidence for nurture vs nature in regards to IQ just based off the fact the IQs keep steadily rising, out pacing any possible evolutionary explanation.
What you say is not true. The reason so many people believe that is because the discussion has been coerced for decades. There is simply no way to significantly raise the intelligence of a child who at the age of seven scores poorly on an IQ. test. Such a child will get bad grades throughout school, despite diligent effort, unless there is grade inflation.

Research on "race" and IQ is strongly discouraged in American Academe. Look at how Charles Murray has been excoriated for decades for merely doing studies and publishing his findings, because Leftists do not like his conclusions. NOT because they can disprove them, but merely because they don't like them.

But regardless, the combination of an erosive culture, destructive family structure, and pre-existing disadvantages will keep America's Blacks sucking at the hind teat (statistically speaking) for at least another generation. Unfortunately for all, Obama's culture of exalting victimhood has set race relations back fifty years.

God bless the Blacks who ignore the naysayers and take advantage of what's out there.
That's because Murray is wrong.

White racists have been repeating this bullshit since Kant. It has no merit.

Why do whites who have sucked the milk out of the government teat for so long they think it's natural say this kind of crazy ----? 50 percent of white marriages end in divorce, you have white families hooked on prescription drugs, commit more than 10 times the suicides as black, yet this fool is making comments like this.

That's because Murray is wrong.

White racists have been repeating this bullshit since Kant. It has no merit.

Why do whites who have sucked the milk out of the government teat for so long they think it's natural say this kind of crazy ----? 50 percent of white marriages end in divorce, you have white families hooked on prescription drugs, commit more than 10 times the suicides as black, yet this fool is making comments like this.
As more is learned about the sciences of genetics and intelligence it becomes more obvious that Charles Murray is right. The failures of Head Start and No Child Left Behind confirm his assertions. The over all divorce rate is 50%. I have not seen a breakdown by race, but I am confident that the divorce rate is lower for whites and higher for blacks, because the illegitimacy rate for blacks is two and a half the white rate. Blacks have never taken marriage as seriously as whites do.

Race realism is the belief that race is an important biological classification of humans and that the races differ in average characteristics necessary for the creation and maintenance of successful societies and civilizations. These are intelligence, obedience to the law, and monogamy. That the average Oriental, the average white person, and the average Negro differ in these characteristics is apparent, and easy to document.

Keep in mind that I am writing in terms of averages and tendencies, rather than absolute characteristics. Intelligent, monogamous, and law abiding people can be found in each race, along with stupid, promiscuous criminals.

Race realism explains racial differences in average ability and behavior in terms of different population pressures lasting for thousands of years.

Cold climates select for intelligence and monogamy. One must have the intelligence to build warm clothing and housing, and to store food for the winter months. Women need the help of a man to raise their children. He is unlikely to do so unless they are his children too.

Civilizations select for intelligence, obedience to the law, and to a somewhat lesser extent, for monogamy. Intelligent men tend to be more prosperous than unintelligent men. Until very recently, they had more children who lived to adulthood.

During most of history criminals in civilized countries were killed at the scene of the crime, they died in custody, or they were executed. There was no effort at rehabilitation. It is rarely effective. The few children some criminals had rarely lived to adulthood.

Civilization selects somewhat less strongly for monogamy, because in a civilization some men become rich enough to support several wives. Nevertheless, single mothers have until recently been unable to raise children.

I define a civilization as a city based culture, where the government has the effective monopoly on the legitimate use of violence.

In my brief essay I have explained Professor J. Philipp’s larger essay, “Race Evolution, and Behavior,” using my own words.

Race, Evolution, and Behavior:

However, Professr Rushton ignored the role civilization has had in selecting genetically for civilized behavior and performance. This is explained by The 10,000 Year Explosion: How Accelerated Human Evolution, by Professors Gregory Cochran and Henry Harpending.

Race realism explains the persistence of black social pathology. Early supporters for the civil rights movement predicted that when Negroes were given equal rights most of them would begin to behave and perform as well as most whites. Instead black rates of crime and illegitimacy rose, while average black academic performance has improved little, despite increases of money spent to improve black education.
Race realists=White Supremacists who try to sound intelligent.
If Whites have such high morals and believe in monogamy and obeying the law why:
1) Did they STEAL the Native Americans land after genociding them?
2) Enslave the Africans (while raping the slave women and having babies by them)?
3) Lynch, torture, and burn the ex-slaves while keeping them poor and suffering?

Whites are NOT superior to Blacks or anyone else. Don't believe that race realism gibberish.

As more is learned about the sciences of genetics and intelligence it becomes more obvious that Charles Murray is right. The failures of Head Start and No Child Left Behind confirm his assertions. The over all divorce rate is 50%. I have not seen a breakdown by race, but I am confident that the divorce rate is lower for whites and higher for blacks, because the illegitimacy rate for blacks is two and a half the white rate. Blacks have never taken marriage as seriously as whites do.
How many Whites cheat on their spouses?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Friends said:

No, Murray is wrong. And I am confident that in my younger days that I knew plenty of single divorced white women. The American suburbs are full of them.

Forum List

Back