What Is It Like to Be Attacked By Rocks?

Are you suggesting you should not take defensive measures if someone throws a rock at you?
I'm saying you do not respond to rock throwing with deadly force.

Billo, police officers in the US will draw their weapons, if they feel threatened; by anything. It would depend on the officer's discretion, whether or not they decide to fire. But if an individual continues to walk toward the police when they've been told to stop, won't remove their hands from their pockets, appear as though he/she is reaching for something...that's a good way to get "lit up" as they say. One may disagree with it, but it's the law.

Are you suggesting you should not take defensive measures if someone throws a rock at you?

You can kill someone with rocks. We used to go out in the woods when we were young and place clay tiles at about 20-yard distance then we used to compete with each other in seeing who could shatter most amount of tiles in fixed amount of throws. Some kids were down right 'lethal' with their throws. Now imagine it is your skull in the place of the tile and then things will fall in perspective. No one can survive a rock hitting their head at the speed of 80mph. In the most optimum situation, you will be paralyzed for life. Why would anyone want to risk that instead of taking defensive measures? I would not and I do not expect anyone to stand by and take a hit from the rock. You stop being an innocent kid the moment you pick a rock and hurl it at someone.

Billo, police officers in the US will draw their weapons, if they feel threatened; by anything. It would depend on the officer's discretion, whether or not they decide to fire. But if an individual continues to walk toward the police when they've been told to stop, won't remove their hands from their pockets, appear as though he/she is reaching for something...that's a good way to get "lit up" as they say. One may disagree with it, but it's the law.
That's not the law!

The law is you respond with deadly force, if you, yourself, is threatened with deadly force.

Rock throwing or hands in pockets, is not deadly force. The cops just interpret it that way.

You can kill someone with rocks. We used to go out in the woods when we were young and place clay tiles at about 20-yard distance then we used to compete with each other in seeing who could shatter most amount of tiles in fixed amount of throws. Some kids were down right 'lethal' with their throws. Now imagine it is your skull in the place of the tile and then things will fall in perspective. No one can survive a rock hitting their head at the speed of 80mph. In the most optimum situation, you will be paralyzed for life. Why would anyone want to risk that instead of taking defensive measures? I would not and I do not expect anyone to stand by and take a hit from the rock. You stop being an innocent kid the moment you pick a rock and hurl it at someone.
Negro, please!

Negro, please!

That was a bizarre response. :confused:

The wise thing to do (in that situation) would be to use OC, or the like. And it all depends on the circumstances.

If the person is a suspect, in a felony which reportedly involved a gun, or a homicide; that person is going to get shot, if he does not keep his hands visible. If a gun was involved in the crime, that gun is presumed to still be "on" the suspect.

That was a bizarre response. :confused:
That's the ebonic way of saying, "Give me a break!"

If you are hit on the head with a rock weighing 160gm and traveling at the speed of 130kmh, you will die or get paralyzed for life, i.e, if you are lucky enough to survive.

---

BTW, thanks for the lesson on ebonics :)

And if a coke dealer with gang affiliation decides to sell cocaine in a rival gang's neighborhood, there is a great probability that someone's going to attack and/or kill that dealer. I'm not comparing anyone with drug dealers. It's an analogy. But this whole mess between the Palestinians and Israelis, is the definition of insanity. Someone's going to have to give.

:lol:

I survived a lot of shit.

Including rocks thrown at my head.

:eusa_shifty:

They did fucking hurt.

Let us keep the discussion focused. The topic is whether throwing rocks at someone is harmless.

It isn't harmless. But again; it's apples and oranges. A firearm is going to cause a lot more damage in a shorter period of time, than a stone thrown at someone. You tell me.

If you plan to execute two people-one by stones, and one by firing squad; which do you think would die the quickest? The one rule would be, that both executioners would have to stand at least....5-10 yards away. Can a man's arm, or a slingshot, produce the same velocity as a firearm?

:lol:

I survived a lot of shit.

Including rocks thrown at my head.

:eusa_shifty:

They did fucking hurt.

There are 18-year olds who can throw a rock at the speed of 160kmh. You will not survive taking that kind of hit on the head. You got lucky in a sense that the throwers in your case were somewhat weaklings.

Let us keep the discussion focused. The topic is whether throwing rocks at someone is harmless.

It isn't harmless. But again; it's apples and oranges. A firearm is going to cause a lot more damage in a shorter period of time, than a stone thrown at someone. You tell me.

If you plan to execute two people-one by stones, and one by firing squad; which do you think would die the quickest? The one rule would be, that both executioners would have to stand at least....5-10 yards away. Can a man's arm, or a slingshot, produce the same velocity as a firearm?

It is you who is comparing apples and oranges. We are not discussing the best way to execute people. We are simply discussing whether throwing rocks at people is a harmless exercise.

Now if you are a Israeli policeman patrolling the streets who comes under the rock attacks. Are you going to put down your gun and look for a rock so that a parity can be established between you and the rock thrower or are you going to take appropriate actions to defend yourself? That appropriate action may include discharging your weapon.

It is you who is comparing apples and oranges. We are not discussing the best way to execute people. We are simply discussing whether throwing rocks at people is a harmless exercise.

Now if you are a Israeli policeman patrolling the streets who comes under the rock attacks. Are you going to put down your gun and look for a rock so that a parity can be established between you and the rock thrower or are you going to take appropriate actions to defend yourself? That appropriate action may include discharging your weapon.

I answered that question a few posts back. For about the 4th time-NO, rock throwing is not harmless. It results in blunt force trauma to an individual's body, which can be fatal. It can result in fatal automobile accidents, as was in the case of Asher and Yonatan Palmer. (I have Palmer ancestry, so please don't resort to calling me an "anti-Semite").

The Palestinians are known for throwing rocks....at Israelis. How is this not pertinent to the OP?

Last edited:

I answered that question a few posts back. For about the 4th time-NO, rock throwing is not harmless. It results in blunt force trauma to an individual's body, which can be fatal. It can result in fatal automobile accidents, as was in the case of Asher and Yonatan Palmer. (I have Palmer ancestry, so please don't resort to calling me an "anti-Semite).

The Palestinians are known for throwing rocks....at Israelis. How is this not pertinent to the OP?

Of course that is pertinent to this thread. That is what got the thread started. Sweet Caroline is saying that throwing rocks at people is not a harmless exercise. I am in agreement with her. If you do not dispute that and it looks like you do not then we have no disagreement.

Forum List

Back