What is going on in the world?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
There is a virtual absence of news about anything going in in the world other than Coronavirus-related events. Does anyone think that China, Russia and other bad actors have put their nefarious plans on hold while we are thus occupied? Is our singular obsession with this medical issue providing cover for those who would do harm to our country? Does political propaganda "Trump" everything else?

Last edited:
Conspiracies are underfoot.

Muslims are making their suicide vests, left-wingers are inventing more accusations against the president, and Latin Americans are erecting ladders on the other side of the wall.

There is a virtual absence of news about anything going in in the world other than Coronavirus-related events. Does anyone think that China, Russia and other bad actors have put their nefarious plans on hold while we are thus occupied? Is our singular obsession with this medical issue providing cover for those who would do harm to our country? Does political propaganda Trump everything else?
No one knows because all the lying media does is fuck with Trump and lie about this hoax.

There is a virtual absence of news about anything going in in the world other than Coronavirus-related events. Does anyone think that China, Russia and other bad actors have put their nefarious plans on hold while we are thus occupied? Is our singular obsession with this medical issue providing cover for those who would do harm to our country? Does political propaganda Trump everything else?

Somebody up the street is mowing their grass. Just broke up a cat fight in my front yard. heavy tree pollen day. Though yesterday I vowed to go to work today I am doing everything I can other than licking the door knobs to keep from actually doing it.

Exactly. Remember last year the crisis was KIDS IN CAGES!!!!!!! Nothing else in the world mattered. Now all we see is video of caskets piling up and sick people on ventilators.

Is our singular obsession with this medical issue providing cover for those who would do harm to our country?

No, it's a cover for what was already the inevitable economic collapse, thanks to 50 years of failed monetary policy. It's the Fed's way of saying, hey, our name is muffin, we didn't do nuffin, look the other way.

How many people have died in the U.S. for lack of a ventilator? ZERO

No one knows because all the lying media does is fuck with Trump and lie about this hoax.

That's a really intelligent reply. I'm guessing 10th grade is your highest level of education?

That's a really intelligent reply. I'm guessing 10th grade is your highest level of education?
Classic dimtard progbabble.

Exactly. Remember last year the crisis was KIDS IN CAGES!!!!!!! Nothing else in the world mattered. Now all we see is video of caskets piling up and sick people on ventilators.
You think that doesn't matter? Yes, I too wonder why there is a black hole of news on anything other than Covid-19, but we haven't even seen the worst of it yet, and our frontline healthcare workers are making extraordinary sacrifices, and genuinely deserve this news coverage, to say nothing of all the risks associated with staying well during a pandemic.

There is a virtual absence of news about anything going in in the world other than Coronavirus-related events. Does anyone think that China, Russia and other bad actors have put their nefarious plans on hold while we are thus occupied? Is our singular obsession with this medical issue providing cover for those who would do harm to our country? Does political propaganda "Trump" everything else?
1586277325010.png

No worries, criminals are required to social distance also.

• Thanks
Reactions: DBA
I’m much more worried about the nefarious actions of our leaders and what they might have our military doing.

On one hand it's the apocalypse out there. On the other hand, for all we know, aliens from Vega could be invading as I type this. Could this be the only time in the history of civilization that we're experiencing a news blackout while simultaneously being bombarded 24/7 with reporting about one subject/event? On a local level . . . life goes on and people around here aren't really cowering in their homes as ordered. A local man defended himself when a neighbor kicked his door down demanding money and a ride to the store. He, the victim, stabbed the other guy with a kitchen knife. The police did not charge him for defending his home and family. Last night (I live right off a major military base) there was a series of rapid fire gunshots around 0400—coming from the seedier side of town. I guess criminals aren't taking the quarantine seriously either. Today we have to run down to Baltimore to do some work in the office that can't be done remotely. I swear, if anyone in the office building tries to get in our faces (contagious or not), they're going to get a steel toe boot to the sternum. In other news, Amazon van trucks are running like mad on our street. Door dash, Uber eats and all the rest are quite busy. Whatever, it's like Armageddon but sunny side up.

We can't all be as smart as you liberals, nor as poor and unsuccessful.

No worries, criminals are required to social distance also.

This is funny and show just how idiotic Democratic polices are. They have zero common sense.

You think that doesn't matter? Yes, I too wonder why there is a black hole of news on anything other than Covid-19, but we haven't even seen the worst of it yet, and our frontline healthcare workers are making extraordinary sacrifices, and genuinely deserve this news coverage, to say nothing of all the risks associated with staying well during a pandemic.
No one is saying it doesn't matter. What we are saying is that the media is shaping our perceptions the way it always does. It is dishonest to report nothing but bad news and nothing but China virus news 24/7.

Forum List

Back