What in the world is wrong with the shoe manufacturers?

They make it sound like producing a pair of size 23 shoes just can't be done. Go here for the story!

God bless you and that boy and his family always!!!

Holly

Oh it can be done. They just cant sell many shoes that size.
When I was a kid and my Dad was the trainer of the Rockets I used to marvel at the size shoes some of these guys wore.
Kevin Kunnert wore a size 22 and I could both of my feet in one shoe with room to spare.
So they're out there they're just pricy.

$50.00 tennis shoes? From Goodwill?

It all depends on what's important to you.
I've always been super thrifty.
I'd sleep in my car before I pay $75 for a few hours of sleep.

I've used contact cement more than once to re-attach the soles of tennis shoes.
You don't get ahead by throwing your money around.
Impressing others is irrelevant and a waste of energy.

If I'm not mistaken, the owner of IKEA also slept in his car when traveling.
He died with a few more toys than I have...but I'm steadily closing that gap.

The awful workmanship is what bothers me.
Used to be a pair of common sneakers would last for YEARS...and that was with kids wearing them.
Today a $50.00 pair of tennis shoes "might" make it a year.
Nike has always been shitty.
The soles start peeling off first.
And no $50.00 athletic shoes are going to last.
Try Sketchers or Converse.
Best work shoes I've bought is Timberland composite toe safety-shoes.
I still have several pair of them.

He died with a few more toys than I have...but I'm working on closing that gap.

I don't wear tennis shoes. They're for people under 75 years old.

He died with a few more toys than I have...but I'm steadily closing that gap.
I blew out a My Pillow memory foam house sandals. It just started cracking on the side....so I glued it together with Shoe Goo.
I love wearing them.

Nike has always been shitty.
The soles start peeling off first.
And no $50.00 athletic shoes are going to last.
Try Sketchers or Converse.
Best work shoes I've bought is Timberland composite toe safety-shoes.
I still have several pair of them.

I remember when I was young, I would wear tennis shoes until the soles were so worn out they would have a significant lean to them on the bottoms. That was mostly from stopping with my feet on bicycles. I would wear them every day for YEARS...yes I admit they sometimes wreaked but I was kid...what did I know? I'd eventually throw them in the washer and keep on truckin.
I remember starting high school with particular tennis shoes and was still using them when I graduated 4 years later.
Seriously...back then they were made RiGHT and very sturdy.

C'mon..I CAN'T be the only one who had certain pairs of tennis shoes that seemed like they were going to last a lifetime.

I'm 66 so I guess I'm safe.
I have several pair of converse all-stars.
I've got a ton of boots....but they hurt my feet too much.
My favorites are Crocs...but I can't wear those during the Winter.

Crocs are indeed very comfortable. But I buy the less expensive knock offs and they've done well. A bit harder but that's ok with me.
Just be careful wearing them to Home Depot or Lowes......they are certified nail and screw collectors and they go right through. I'm sure you already know what I mean.

I used to sell sports shoes at JC Penneys, long long ago........in a universe far, far away.

We carried up to size 15 sports shoes. And we sold them too. They weren't popular, but the local Bball players (not pro's) would come in and buy them.

Now, you have to have them custom made, which costs 3 times more. Of course, being custom made does have advantages too.

I buy shoes strictly for my feet and back. New Balance is great for my back, and Sketchers have been pretty good for my feet so far.
New Balance will last me a few years, but Sketchers wear out fairly quickly. Which is why I only buy them on sale or clearance......WITH a coupon. So I get them for about 20-30 dollars. I also live in an area that has Sketchers stores that sell discount shoes.........and I've bought sports shoes from there for $11.00 a pair on discounted clearance styles.

I remember when I was young, I would wear tennis shoes until the soles were so worn out the would have a significant lean to them on the bottoms. That was mostly from stopping with my feet on bicycles. I would wear them every day for YEARS...yes I admit they sometimes wreaked but I was kid...what did I know? I'd eventually throw them in the washer and keep on truckin.
I remember starting high school with particular tennis shoes and was still using them when I graduated 4 years later.

C'mon..I CAN'T be the only one who had certain pairs of tennis shoes that seemed like they were going to last a lifetime.
My parents only bought me one pair of uninsulated leather work boots. I had no tennis shoes.
I wore those boots all year long during the Summer or during 30 below Winter in Montana.
I'd get a new pair on Easter Sunday every year.
That's all I had. By the time Easter came around my toes would be curled up inside because I outgrew my boots.

Crocs are indeed very comfortable. But I buy the less expensive knock offs and they've done well. A bit harder but that's ok with me.
Just be careful wearing them to Home Depot or Lowes......they are certified nail and screw collectors and they go right through. I'm sure you already know what I mean.
I mostly wear my Crocs around the house.
When I go out I wear my safety-shoes.

They make it sound like producing a pair of size 23 shoes just can't be done. Go here for the story!

God bless you and that boy and his family always!!!

Holly

Get two of these and he'd be good to go...

row_anatomy.jpg

I remember when I was young, I would wear tennis shoes until the soles were so worn out they would have a significant lean to them on the bottoms. That was mostly from stopping with my feet on bicycles. I would wear them every day for YEARS...yes I admit they sometimes wreaked but I was kid...what did I know? I'd eventually throw them in the washer and keep on truckin.

Cause they were made in the f.u.s.a

Forum List

Back