What if we aren't taking this as seriously as we should?

Hate to disappoint you again Junior. Didn't vote for Trump

Soon, there'll be a LOT of those statements among Trump cult members......Come on, the kool-aid is kind of tasty....at first.....lol

Then there would be no need for a Trump Tower meeting, eh comrade?

For all other morons....like Toddie

The meeting at Trump Towers raises serious issues of liability under laws restricting foreign participation and influence in American elections,

Federal law prohibits a foreign national from giving anything of value to a campaign engaged in a U.S. election. It’s also a crime to solicit a foreign national to do so, or even to "knowingly provide substantial assistance" in receiving something of value.

Foreign nationals | FEC

The meeting at Trump Towers raises serious issues of liability under laws restricting foreign participation and influence in American elections,

Federal law prohibits a foreign national from giving anything of value to a campaign engaged in a U.S. election. It’s also a crime to solicit a foreign national to do so, or even to "knowingly provide substantial assistance" in receiving something of value.

Foreign nationals | FEC

It's a good thing no one got anything of value.

If wingers complain about something potentially dangerous not being taken seriously enough, perhaps they might consider the possibility that they scream so loud and so often about pretty much EVERYTHING and ANYTHING that most just don't take them seriously any more.

The little boy cried wolf once too often. Does anyone, on either end, know that story?

Foreign nationals | FEC

Sounds verbatim about what Hillary will be charged with for hiring the Brit fake "dossier" to get dirt from Russians on Trump.....Thanks....dumbass. :badgrin:

Last edited:
VERY well written, and informative article! I thought I had followed this case closely, but even I found out some things that I did not know.... like this:

The first intimations that Trump might harbor a dark secret originated among America’s European allies, which, being situated closer to Russia, have had more experience fending off its nefarious encroachments. In 2015, Western European intelligence agencies began picking up evidence of communications between the Russian government and people in Donald Trump’s orbit. In April 2016, one of the Baltic states shared with then–CIA director John Brennan an audio recording of Russians discussing funneling money to the Trump campaign. In the summer of 2016, Robert Hannigan, head of the U.K. intelligence agency GCHQ, flew to Washington to brief Brennan on intercepted communications between the Trump campaign and Russia.

The part in bold about the Baltic States, that happened in April 2016, I did not know....

I still believe in the concept of justice. Meaning, Trump was elected to be president and he should finish out his term until there's some type of evidence that proves he doesn't deserve to hold the post on legal grounds. If the Mueller turns out some evidence then great, let's impeach. If it doesn't, then he shouldn't be impeached, no matter how much you don't like him. Worst case: you'll get your chance to remove him from office in 2020.

Simple stuff really.
Agreed! But even with a common sense position like this you will still get POTUS apologists calling you all kinds of unsavory names saying you are full of fake news.

I still believe in the concept of justice. Meaning, Trump was elected to be president and he should finish out his term until there's some type of evidence that proves he doesn't deserve to hold the post on legal grounds. If the Mueller turns out some evidence then great, let's impeach. If it doesn't, then he shouldn't be impeached, no matter how much you don't like him. Worst case: you'll get your chance to remove him from office in 2020.

Simple stuff really.
Agreed! But even with a common sense position like this you will still get POTUS apologists calling you all kinds of unsavory names saying you are full of fake news.
Oh yea. Like how the Mueller investigation should go on as long as it needs to. The only reason you'd want to shut it down is if you have something to hide. Otherwise, it's pretty easily spun as somewhat of a witch hunt by a biased FBI and plays into the overall narrative that Trump rolls with, which is that the media and the deep state are out to get him, cause they don't want America to be great again.

In reality, there was some smoke to be looked into within the campaign and that's what's happening. If Trump didn't win then there would be no further investigation, kinda like how the Hillary email thing has been dropped cause the result of it wouldn't impact a sitting president. If Trump didn't collude then he's got nothing to worry about.

VERY well written, and informative article! I thought I had followed this case closely, but even I found out some things that I did not know.... like this:

The first intimations that Trump might harbor a dark secret originated among America’s European allies, which, being situated closer to Russia, have had more experience fending off its nefarious encroachments. In 2015, Western European intelligence agencies began picking up evidence of communications between the Russian government and people in Donald Trump’s orbit. In April 2016, one of the Baltic states shared with then–CIA director John Brennan an audio recording of Russians discussing funneling money to the Trump campaign. In the summer of 2016, Robert Hannigan, head of the U.K. intelligence agency GCHQ, flew to Washington to brief Brennan on intercepted communications between the Trump campaign and Russia.

The part in bold about the Baltic States, that happened in April 2016, I did not know....

So maybe you'd be interested in the bundled million$ that came from the ME into Obama's campaigns? That really happened, not some John "I converted to Islam" Brennan's wet dream.

But it certainly appears like President of the USA Trump, is acting as an agent to achieve Russia's goal and quest for decades.....

After World War II, the U.S. had created a liberal international order and underwritten its safety by maintaining the world’s strongest military. A central goal of Soviet, and later Russian, foreign policy was to split the U.S. from its allies.

So maybe you'd be interested in the bundled million$ that came from the ME into Obama's campaigns? That really happened, not some John "I converted to Islam" Brennan's wet dream.
link up, or it didn't happen! :D

But it certainly appears like President of the USA Trump, is acting as an agent to achieve Russia's goal and quest for decades.....

After World War II, the U.S. had created a liberal international order and underwritten its safety by maintaining the world’s strongest military. A central goal of Soviet, and later Russian, foreign policy was to split the U.S. from its allies.

That was then, this is now. They stick high tariffs on our exported goods, and we pay for their security? Pardon my "French" but fuck that!

Seriously, have any if you looked at this not as a series of discreet events, but as a whole pattern?

An interesting and compelling look from NY Magazine
What If Trump Has Been a Russian Asset Since 1987?

A little snip from the opening. Read the rest at the link and discuss.
The unfolding of the Russia scandal has been like walking into a dark cavern. Every step reveals that the cave runs deeper than we thought, and after each one, as we wonder how far it goes, our imaginations are circumscribed by the steps we have already taken. The cavern might go just a little farther, we presume, but probably not much farther. And since trying to discern the size and shape of the scandal is an exercise in uncertainty, we focus our attention on the most likely outcome, which is that the story goes a little deeper than what we have already discovered. Say, that Donald Trump Jr., Jared Kushner, and Paul Manafort told their candidate about the meeting they held at Trump Tower with a Russian lawyer after they were promised dirt on Hillary Clinton; and that Trump and Kushner have some shady Russian investments; and that some of Trump’s advisers made some promises about lifting sanctions.

But what if that’s wrong? What if we’re still standing closer to the mouth of the cave than the end?

The media has treated the notion that Russia has personally compromised the president of the United States as something close to a kook theory. A minority of analysts, mostly but not exclusively on the right, have promoted aggressively exculpatory interpretations of the known facts, in which every suspicious piece of evidence turns out to have a surprisingly innocent explanation. And it is possible, though unlikely, that every trail between Trump Tower and the Kremlin extends no farther than its point of current visibility.
I thought Republicans were the conspiracy theorists.

Simple stuff really.
Oh yea. Like how the Mueller investigation should go on as long as it needs to. The only reason you'd want to shut it down is if you have something to hide. Otherwise, it's pretty easily spun as somewhat of a witch hunt by a biased FBI and plays into the overall narrative that Trump rolls with, which is that the media and the deep state are out to get him, cause they don't want America to be great again.

In reality, there was some smoke to be looked into within the campaign and that's what's happening. If Trump didn't win then there would be no further investigation, kinda like how the Hillary email thing has been dropped cause the result of it wouldn't impact a sitting president. If Trump didn't collude then he's got nothing to worry about.
FYI, the Hillary email thing WAS NOT DROPPED.....

The Republicans continued with it to this very day...

The IG report that they had done 2 weeks ago, was ALL on the Hillary investigation, AGAIN......

so, you are looking at, 10 investigations now, since she left in 2012, so 6 straight years on the same Benghazi/email investigation....netting zip....other than incompetence.

Last edited:

Foreign nationals | FEC

attempted rape or rape....both are crimes

attempted robbery or robbery....are both crimes

attempted kidnapping and kidnapping .... are both crimes

granted, the latter, in each of the above is worse, but BOTH are crimes.

Foreign nationals | FEC

attempted rape or rape....both are crimes

attempted robbery or robbery....are both crimes

attempted kidnapping and kidnapping .... are both crimes

granted, the latter, in each of the above is worse, but BOTH are crimes.

Fascinating!

What does any of that have to do with a Russian lawyer conning Trump Jr. into a 15 minute meeting?

Forum List

Back