What has happened to white men in media and advertising?

Funny how some of these frightened little children seem to believe that simply watching a few TV commercials selling dishwashers will turn them into females or homosexuals, but never consider what that idiotic assumption means. If watching a Cheerios commercial with a biracial child is a form of mind control that will force all 'white' people to enter only into interracial relationships, then doesn't it stand to reason that watching commercials for washable sofa covers will force all black men to become caring and responsible fathers and husbands? Isn't that one of the idiotic racist talking points that these frightened children use to blame all social ills on black men in America? Shouldn't the frightened little children be grateful for these magic commercials?

I can't say whether any of the "facts" cited in the following essay are actually factual, but they seem true. If I took the time to say "Bullshit" every time I saw something on television that is BULLSHIT, I would go hoarse in a fairly short period of time. We have woman heads of architectural firms, women riding large motorcycles, Black & white couples all over the place, more mulatto kids than anyone could count...and all of this being portrayed as typical and/or normal, and not extraordinary. Not only is it all bullshit, but it is nauseating. It is the pretense of equality where none exists. And for what purpose?
People living their lives. Why is that a problem? Are they causing harm?

Yep. A few commercials has zero effect. It's sad that commercials bother anyone. Live and let live with zero judgement. It's the american way. Diversity is a massive strength

I mute the commercials and do other things until I'm sure they're finished. There are a lot of powerfully ugly people on American TV these days, that's for sure.

If they're gonna fill TV with minorities, let's have some Japanese, Indian, and other groups with some good looking members. That would be a pleasant, much needed, change. Give us a break from the big ugly.

This is 2021.

The powers-that-be (viz., the big corporations) have decided to push the narrative of diversity or even equity.

So TV advertising this year has seen diversity on steroids.

It is very effective, IMHO.

Like many other viewers, I now expect every commercial to show a diversity of people when it comes to ethnicity, gender, religion, sexuality, weight, etc. When I see a commercial with only all Caucasian people, I instinctively feel that something is missing.

This is the ideal United States of America that we all dream of: A place where people of all kinds live harmoniously together -- talking, laughing, playing, eating, etc. There is no crime. There are no problems. It is a beautiful and successful multicultural setting.
Maybe they do it just to piss you off.
You Dimmers are good at that, plus showing things that are the opposite of true.

Forum List

Back