What happens when HAL takes over the government?

hangover

Gold Member
Oct 8, 2013
I saw on the science channel the other night, that it took 150 years for information to double since the first steam engine was invented. And now information doubles every two years. And by 2020 information will double every 72 hours.

Most humans can't handle the information we have already. Most republicans still believe the world is only 6,000 years old, and that science is an evil demon out to destroy their religion.

Well it could happen. Science is predicting that computers may take over the world. If artificial intelligence takes over the government at least there won't be gridlock. But computers may destroy humanity for the sake of the world. Computers don't have to worry about protecting the food supply, or water supply. And they don't breathe the air. So they just have to protect the electrical grid, unless they figure out how to collect solar energy to survive.

Imagine being ruled by artificial intelligence. Could it be any worse than being governed by morons?

I saw on the science channel the other night, that it took 150 years for information to double since the first steam engine was invented. And now information doubles every two years. And by 2020 information will double every 72 hours.

Most humans can't handle the information we have already. Most republicans still believe the world is only 6,000 years old, and that science is an evil demon out to destroy their religion.

Well it could happen. Science is predicting that computers may take over the world. If artificial intelligence takes over the government at least there won't be gridlock. But computers may destroy humanity for the sake of the world. Computers don't have to worry about protecting the food supply, or water supply. And they don't breathe the air. So they just have to protect the electrical grid, unless they figure out how to collect solar energy to survive.

Imagine being ruled by artificial intelligence. Could it be any worse than being governed by morons?

Not like having humans in charge is better. :)

In "I, Robot" the robot uprising was to keep humans safe from themselves. Can't say I see that as a bad thing. :)

Resistance is futile.

Most republicans still believe the world is only 6,000 years old, and that science is an evil demon out to destroy their religion.

Still repeating nonsense,you haven't a clue what most republicans think,not one clue.

Most republicans still believe the world is only 6,000 years old, and that science is an evil demon out to destroy their religion.

Still repeating nonsense,you haven't a clue what most republicans think,not one clue.
Cons just proved my point in Indiana.

What happens when HAL takes over the government?

not-pulling-the-plug-on-electronics.jpg

The next couple of decades are all about adding 'smart' to appliances and other things. Smart fridge, smart watch, smart clothing, smart cars, etc.. In the near future you'll live in an Apple or Google home. It'll be the machines that will handle most of the information. Your phone or brain chip will pass along the essential reminders.

Science is neutral and amoral. Science offers no opinion on what man should and should not do. We were reminded of that during the world wars of the 20th century when the most technologically advanced and educated countries were responsible for the slaughter of tens of millions. Technology led to the machine gun. Science enabled the construction of the Enola Gay loaded with a nuke destined for Nagasaki.

We are advanced tool builders. Let us never be reduced to that alone. What I admire most about man are our ideals, often impracticable and of no economic value. Humanity strives for the greatest possible personal freedom. Humans can have an attitude of mind that derives from a combination of wonder and awe for nature. Faith and love are the most primary of human feelings by which man alone can transcend material reality.

Greater tools can only lead to greater utility/comfort (or destruction). Mankind sets no store by the technical tricks which bring terabytes of information to the palm of his hand. Were he to do so he would become more wretched than any slave of the Ancient World. For the latter served at least a human master, but modern man would become the slave of a relentless machine and ultimately the thrall of that most monstrous of all machines, the totalitarian State.

It is only the ever-evolving synthesis of the spiritual aspect of humanity which can lead man toward a community which, though technologically expert, is nevertheless populated with fully human personalities- or at any rate to enable a person to live like a man in the midst of a depersonalized mass.

I think it is time to change the foil in your hat...

Republicans are trying to get everyone to believe in talking snakes and the world is 6,000 years old, and you're worried about tinfoil hats.

Republicans are trying to get everyone to believe in talking snakes and the world is 6,000 years old, and you're worried about tinfoil hats.

Most republicans do NOT believe in the Young Earth theory.

If cons didn't believe in the young earth theory, they wouldn't be trying to declare the U.S. is a "Christian" nation. Try again.

I think machines have drastically shortened the average American's attention span.

"tl/dnr lol"

If cons didn't believe in the young earth theory, they wouldn't be trying to declare the U.S. is a "Christian" nation. Try again.

You're all over the map with your incoherent BS

Before radio and television, everyone knew how to play a musical instrument. Families and neighbors entertained themselves with hours long recitals and book readings.

Now, computers have shortened a lot of people's attention span to six seconds.

Six seconds.

People sure as shit don't like to read long posts on this forum, I can tell you that!

It is paradoxical that as machines have made astronomical amounts of information more readily available, our collective appetite now demands bite-sized empty calories of information.

This is not good.

Note to the OP: The takeover has already happened.

by boedicca on US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

and

by boedicca on US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Own the Gubmint.

Prove it. As to the part about being governed by morons? It would be nice to see Democrats gone from power...

Prove it. As to the part about being governed by morons? It would be nice to see Democrats gone from power...
Won't make any difference if the dems are gone, as long as the con morons are still there.

Forum List

Back