What happens after February 8?

LeftofLeft

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2011
Are we in for another threat of a shutdown? Or, is the move to vote on DACA in the Senate sufficient to move beyond the threat of another shutdown?

DACA may pass the Senate, the question is would the House bring it up and/or change is drastically.

Seems if on Feb 8th something fixing DACA has passed then the Dems got what they wanted, will the Repubs give them that?

My understanding is they’ll be a straight up vote on DACA

Schumer claims he has an agreement. He claimed this before, and didn't.

In any case, there is no viable DACA deal on the table.

Graham had negotiated a long term fix for the Dreamers, and McConnell would have passed it in the Senate. And Trump had agreed. But Miller and Kelly got Trump to reneg. And it's very possible no Dreamer fix can pass with just gop votes in the House.

Graham had negotiated a long term fix for the Dreamers, and McConnell would have passed it in the Senate. And Trump had agreed. But Miller and Kelly got Trump to reneg. And it's very possible no Dreamer fix can pass with just gop votes in the House.

Trump did not agree, as Schumer insisted that the ban on chain migration and the lottery be dropped from the deal. Graham is in no position to negotiate a final deal in any case.

Trump did not agree, as Schumer insisted that the ban on chain migration and the lottery be dropped from the deal. Graham is in no position to negotiate a final deal in any case.
Graham and Schumer said they had a deal with Trump, and Trump reneged

Both are equally full of shit.

You are as usual.

Sen. Mitch McConnell's passive-aggressive dig at Trump on DACA and a shutdown - Breaking News Latest

You are as usual.

Sen. Mitch McConnell's passive-aggressive dig at Trump on DACA and a shutdown - Breaking News Latest

Indicate the part where someone other than Graham indicated that Trump agreed to his deal.

You didn't believe them, did you? I mean, really?

You didn't believe them, did you? I mean, really?
I believe McConnell saying nobody know what orange shit for brains will sign.

Are we in for another threat of a shutdown? Or, is the move to vote on DACA in the Senate sufficient to move beyond the threat of another shutdown?
What is it that they will be voting on? My understanding is that the DACA deal is nothing more than a bunch of pledges that the Dems will get the 800k dreamers, and Trump will get the full funding for the wall (no installment payments) along with the end of chain migration and implementing merit-based immigration.

However, as of right now, there is no written bill. They can't vote on a gentlemen's agreement. Mainly because they aren't gentlement (ha!) and there is no language for the law.

Forum List

Back