What Happened to Kanye West?

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
This happened.

Adidas said on Tuesday that it is cutting ties with Kanye West, ending what may have been the most significant corporate fashion partnership of the rapper and designer’s career after he made a series of antisemitic remarks and embraced a slogan associated with white supremacists that earned him widespread condemnation.

Adidas, which began collaborating with Ye, as Mr. West is now known, nearly a decade ago, after he left Nike, has long weathered public barbs from the rapper. Its partnership with Yeezy, Ye’s company, which encompasses sneakers and clothing, is estimated to be worth billions, making it among the largest sources of Ye’s wealth.

For Adidas, working with Ye gave the company a boost of creative cool and credibility that helped attract high-fashion collaborators like Gucci and Balenciaga.

“Adidas does not tolerate antisemitism and any other sort of hate speech,” the company said in a statement. “Ye’s recent comments and actions have been unacceptable, hateful and dangerous, and they violate the company’s values of diversity and inclusion, mutual respect and fairness.”

The company, based in Germany, said it would terminate the partnership immediately, end production of Yeezy branded products and stop payments to Ye and his companies. The move was expected to subtract up to 250 million euros ($246 million) from the company’s profit this year, it said.

This happened.

Adidas said on Tuesday that it is cutting ties with Kanye West, ending what may have been the most significant corporate fashion partnership of the rapper and designer’s career after he made a series of antisemitic remarks and embraced a slogan associated with white supremacists that earned him widespread condemnation.

Adidas, which began collaborating with Ye, as Mr. West is now known, nearly a decade ago, after he left Nike, has long weathered public barbs from the rapper. Its partnership with Yeezy, Ye’s company, which encompasses sneakers and clothing, is estimated to be worth billions, making it among the largest sources of Ye’s wealth.

For Adidas, working with Ye gave the company a boost of creative cool and credibility that helped attract high-fashion collaborators like Gucci and Balenciaga.

“Adidas does not tolerate antisemitism and any other sort of hate speech,” the company said in a statement. “Ye’s recent comments and actions have been unacceptable, hateful and dangerous, and they violate the company’s values of diversity and inclusion, mutual respect and fairness.”

The company, based in Germany, said it would terminate the partnership immediately, end production of Yeezy branded products and stop payments to Ye and his companies. The move was expected to subtract up to 250 million euros ($246 million) from the company’s profit this year, it said.

I think it's fair to begin with the fact that he simply isn't well. He's bipolar, and while I'm sure as hell no doctor, it seems to me that such a condition throws a monkey wrench into trying to understand associated behaviors. Does he have other issues, does he take medication regularly, does he take other things that might damage the efficacy of his meds, on and on and on.

And that's long before you get to whatever his personality is or what his politics are. Maybe this really is who he is, maybe not.

My only guess is that this is a fairly complicated situation. Plenty of those in this world.

This happened.

kosti6oyyvv91.jpg

West is worth an estimated 6.6 freaking billion with a "B". How did he get that rich? The rapper could probably pay the college loans of every smart black kid in the U.S. and not even feel it. Why does Biden want mom and pop retirees to foot the bill?

West is worth an estimated 6.6 freaking billion with a "B". How did he get that rich? The rapper could probably pay the college loans of every smart black kid in the U.S. and not even feel it. Why does Biden want mom and pop retirees to foot the bill?
6.6 billion? According to who?

I think it's fair to begin with the fact that he simply isn't well. He's bipolar, and while I'm sure as hell no doctor, it seems to me that such a condition throws a monkey wrench into trying to understand associated behaviors. Does he have other issues, does he take medication regularly, does he take other things that might damage the efficacy of his meds, on and on and on.

And that's long before you get to whatever his personality is or what his politics are. Maybe this really is who he is, maybe not.

My only guess is that this is a fairly complicated situation. Plenty of those in this world.
George Bush doesn't care about black people Kanye West.

Forum List

Back