What exactly is an Anglo-Saxon White American?

Mortimer

Gold Member
Reaction score
@23andMe Fast Facts

On average, British & Irish ancestry makes up over 25% of the Ancestry Composition of 23andMe participants who identify as European American.
I think an Anglo-Saxon is obviously not someone who descendendts 100% from Saxons, Jutes and Anglos not even the proper British do. Thats obvious. So I guess an Northern European of any nationality can be an Anglo-American like Danish or Northern German. But it gets trickier if you ask if a Catholic Italian or Greek-Orthodox etc. or someone with Jewish ancestry can be an Anglo American? Right? They are also White but are they Anglo?

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Reaction score
@23andMe Fast Facts

On average, British & Irish ancestry makes up over 25% of the Ancestry Composition of 23andMe participants who identify as European American.
I think an Anglo-Saxon is obviously not someone who descendendts 100% from Saxons, Jutes and Anglos not even the proper British do. Thats obvious. So I guess an Northern European of any nationality can be an Anglo-American like Danish or Northern German. But it gets trickier if you ask if a Catholic Italian or Greek-Orthodox etc. or someone with Jewish ancestry can be an Anglo American? Right? They are also White but are they Anglo?
No, they're not Anglo-Saxons (except the Germans), Anglo-Saxons were originally Germanic in origin. Italians and Greeks are not Germanic.

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List