What Does The US Stand For?

The US is liked a lot more around the globe now....

ROFLMNAO....

Well there ya have it kids... US policy, according to the Progressive 'feel-set' should be one which promotes the US being liked around the world.

Everyone got that? Recognizing, respecting and defending American principle and American interests should never conflict with the foreign interests and foreign feelings.

:clap2: Well said Gump... :clap2:

We need you people to state more of these absolutely baseless assertions, more often; try to pump it up as we get closer to November; as that wil be something that you can do to REALLY MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

What *some* people don't seem to understand is nations are run by people, and people tend to be more cooperative and receptive when you don't spend most of your time insulting them and criticizing their internal affairs in public. If your goal is to escalate tension it's fine to put on that flag toga and denounce away for the cameras. But maybe, just maybe, Syria has their fingers in a few pies in a part of the world where the minuscule amount of respect required to take our little spats behind closed doors while working on gaining their cooperation would be useful?

Nah, couldn't be that simple. A couple of former dissidents who want to see us take the Syrian government out while they take advantage of our largesse said so. :lol:

Not a damned thing.

Not any more, at least.

It used to stand for something, but it never lived up to all its own self congratulatory hype.

But at least then, it seemed like we were striving to be better.

Now, I see no evidence that that is the case.

We're an empire now.

And we have all the flaws associated with that sort of society, too.

I agree with the sentence #3 ... U.S. NEVER lived up to all its own self-congratulatory hype. The rest reads as if you were trying to find some sort of lost 'pride' in your own nation. The U.S. has always been an empire acting only and solely on its own self-interest. That's just a fact. And that's a fact for every single country around the world, self-interest is the word, not matter how they try to dress it up.

Well the OP is right... Our "President" is not with US... He's a Marxist, who stands against everything America stand for... and as a tyrant, he tends to stand with tyrants.

It's the nature of the beast; and it'll get worked in November... when he is convered to a lame brown-duck.

For sure he is not with you. Neither are 90% of Americans. And you and the other fruitloops will get a surprise this November.

Oh my... So the assertion becomes that Marxist Street agitators are AMERICANS! At least such is representative of '90% of Americans...'

Here's the thing ya need to come to grips with Rocks...

You and The Brown Clown are LEFTISTS and...

THERE ARE NO LEFTIST AMERICANS!

You people ARE NOT AMERICANS... there is NOTHING "AMERICAN" about you... that you speak English, live in the US, HOLD US CITIZENSHIP... DOES NOT MAKE YOU AMERICANS.

An American is one which recognizes, respects and defends the immutable principles which DEFINE America... which are the certainty of the divine endowment of self-evident, unalienable INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS... which are sustained through unalienable INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBILITIES...

And those principles are anti-thetical to the principle-less notions of the ideological Left (that's you...) which means, that to BE a Leftists... or "progressive" if you prefer, is to be an Anti-American.

It's not a complex equation, dumbass... it's just one which is considerably beyond the starkly limited intellectual means of the Leftist, to comprehend.

But I hope that at least helps...

Not a damned thing.

Not any more, at least.

It used to stand for something, but it never lived up to all its own self congratulatory hype.

We're an empire now.

I agree with the sentence #3 ... U.S. NEVER lived up to all its own self-congratulatory hype. The rest reads as if you were trying to find some sort of lost 'pride' in your own nation. The U.S. has always been an empire acting only and solely on its own self-interest. That's just a fact. And that's a fact for every single country around the world, self-interest is the word, not matter how they try to dress it up.

ROFLMNAO... A CLASSIC DEMONSTRATION OF THE UNSOUND NATURE OF LEFT-THINK!... Always a good time.

Understand kids that the anti-American will ALWAYS want to point out that 'perfection in America doesn't exist...'

Which they hope to contrast against the conjuring of perfection in that which does not exist...

HYSTERICAL!

The US is liked a lot more around the globe now....

Proof?

By who? The dictators? Our previous allies?

Maybe the world likes that our present gov has posted a giant "KICK ME" sign on the taxpayers, and is welcoming the UN to tax us and write our laws.

Not a damned thing.

Not any more, at least.

We're an empire now.

Well I do not mean to overstate the purity of this nation.

But in comparison to the motives of this nation (say in the 50s) I'd say we're getting worse, much worse as an empire building nation.

But really, I think the empire we're really building now to be very different than the empires of the past.

For one thing, nations won't be important.

The empire being built now is based on CLASS not nationality.

And you and I will NOT be real citizens of that empire.

We will be serfs serving it at best.

And that is actually a worse state of affairs than the empire that America was creating for the first 250 or so hears of its existence.

Despite all its flaws, the murder of the Indians, slavery, sexism, Jim Crow laws and so forth, the America of my father's generation was less toxic to mankind (and to the citizens of this nation) than the America we live in now.

THAT was my point.

Not that America was some mythical Camelot, but merely that it's worse and getting worse than it once was.

Last edited:
What *some* people don't seem to understand is nations are run by people, and people tend to be more cooperative and receptive when you don't spend most of your time insulting them and criticizing their internal affairs in public. If your goal is to escalate tension it's fine to put on that flag toga and denounce away for the cameras. But maybe, just maybe, Syria has their fingers in a few pies in a part of the world where the minuscule amount of respect required to take our little spats behind closed doors while working on gaining their cooperation would be useful?

Nah, couldn't be that simple. A couple of former dissidents who want to see us take the Syrian government out while they take advantage of our largesse said so. :lol:

Oh Golly... we need to make thosw with whom we vehemently disagree feel better about us, so we can use them more effectively...

Meaning that we need to be less effective so our effectiveness will not make them feel bad about their ineffectiveness...

Of course, Syria has always been such an ally of the US... and Syria has NEVER capitulated to US needs when Syrias needs were met for doing so... NOooooooo...

And holding firm to one's principles has NEVER met with long term success, which resulted in world wide leadership.

I mean the US GWOT did not result in Libya dropping its nuclear ambitions and the ENTIRE PLANET, minus three Nations: Iraq, Afghanistan and Iran turning from sponsoring Islamic terrorism... with two of those nations being invaded and their governments conquered and replaced... resulting in the third being set between two American Armies.

NOooooooooo...

Ain't DELUSION GRAND? :eusa_whistle:

I gave my comment. I guess you are favorably impressed by the administrations foreign policy? It bodes well for both US and world? It's much safer with Obama and his crack team? Seriously, I'd love to hear your take on his policies abroad. Iran? Syria? Russia? Israel? Poland? All great in your opinion?

Yes, I am favorably impressed with President Obama's foriegn policy. Replacing braggadicio and beligerance with careful nuanced policy statements represents a vast improvement over the incompetance and failures of the last administration.

Yes, the world is much safer with President Obama that it was with Bush. Bush made all kinds of nonsensical statements. "Dead or Alive". And seven years later, Bin Laden was still very much alive and not in our hands. Incompetance and failure. Bin Laden demonstrated to the world that you could strike the US a greivious blow and get away with it. And Bush was his chief aid in that demonstration.

Yes, I think that President Obama has a crack team, as compared to Bush's team that seemed to be on crack.

So where is osama bin laden??????

Oh Golly... we need to make thosw with whom we vehemently disagree feel better about us, so we can use them more effectively...

Meaning that we need to be less effective so our effectiveness will not make them feel bad about their ineffectiveness...

Of course, Syria has always been such an ally of the US... and Syria has NEVER capitulated to US needs when Syrias needs were met for doing so... NOooooooo...

And holding firm to one's principles has NEVER met with long term success, which resulted in world wide leadership.

I mean the US GWOT did not result in Libya dropping its nuclear ambitions and the ENTIRE PLANET, minus three Nations: Iraq, Afghanistan and Iran turning from sponsoring Islamic terrorism... with two of those nations being invaded and their governments conquered and replaced... resulting in the third being set between two American Armies.

NOooooooooo...

Still working on that ESL course, Pube?

NOooooooooo...

Don't rush him. Fingerpainting is on Tuesday. ESL is probably next semester.

NOooooooooo...

Don't rush him. Fingerpainting is on Tuesday. ESL is probably next semester.

Of course, baby steps. What was I thinking? :eusa_doh:

NOooooooooo...

And once again, the Progressives return with little more than dissemblence, fraud and deceit...

Last edited:
Not a damned thing.

Not any more, at least.

We're an empire now.

ROFLMNAO... A CLASSIC DEMONSTRATION OF THE UNSOUND NATURE OF LEFT-THINK!... Always a good time.

Understand kids that the anti-American will ALWAYS want to point out that 'perfection in America doesn't exist...'

Which they hope to contrast against the conjuring of perfection in that which does not exist...

HYSTERICAL!

Huh? Which perfection did I conjure that does not exist? That would be my point number one. Point number two - you have no way of knowing how much of a leftist/conservative/libertarian/etc. I am.

Of course, all of this fits in well with your habitual custom of smelling your own farts while talking absolute shit. I guess that'd be the point number three. However, it's not like this point needs being made ... by now it's tantamount to beating a dead horse.

Last edited:
Not a damned thing.

Not any more, at least.

We're an empire now.

But in comparison to the motives of this nation (say in the 50s) I'd say we're getting worse, much worse as an empire building nation.

But really, I think the empire we're really building now to be very different than the empires of the past.

And that is actually a worse state of affairs than the empire that America was creating for the first 250 or so hears of its existence.

Despite all its flaws, the murder of the Indians, slavery, sexism, Jim Crow laws and so forth, the America of my father's generation was less toxic to mankind (and to the citizens of this nation) than the America we live in now.

THAT was my point.

Not that America was some mythical Camelot, but merely that it's worse and getting worse than it once was.

I did not actually think that you were trying to portray USA, as you say, as 'some mythical Camelot.' However, you are - in my humble opinion - misguided in thinking that United States' empire building was any less 'evil' (ok, not an ideal word) than it is now. I really don't think that anything has changed.

HYSTERICAL!

Huh? Which perfection did I conjure that does not exist?

That would be #3... and to help ya through it; I highlighted the specifics above...

That would be my point number one. Point number two - you have no way of knowing how much of a leftist/conservative/libertarian/etc. I am.

Well I'm gonna have to disagree with ya on that one, too...

Of course, all of this fits in well with your habitual custom of smelling your own farts while talking absolute shit. I guess that'd be the point number three.

So in short, you're conceding the point, despite the flaccid dissemblence... That works for me...

However, it's not like this point needs being made ... by now it's tantamount to beating a dead horse.

Well it's your horse... It's not how I'd treat it, but that's just me.

Not a damned thing.

Not any more, at least.

We're an empire now.

THAT was my point.

ROFLMNAO... SWEET MOTHER!

Define this EMPIRE! What are the elements of the American Empire?

Now here's how this is going to go... I've specifically set forth the challenge for you to SPECIFY THE ELEMENTS OF THE ETHERAL EMPIRE TO WHICH YOU'VE REPEATEDLY REFERRED... TO WHICH, IN RESPONSE, YOU'LL NOW NOT SPEAK TO ANY ACTUAL SPECIFICS... and this be a result of there actually being no American Empire... the result of which will be your CONCEDING, TO ME, that your little rant here, Ed, amounts to little more than more of the same anti-American BULLSHIT which is typical of the Moderate, centrist, mainstream Progressive.

But... feel free to throw something unexpected...

HYSTERICAL!

Huh? Which perfection did I conjure that does not exist?

That would be #3... and to help ya through it; I highlighted the specifics above...

Well I'm gonna have to disagree with ya on that one, too...

Of course, all of this fits in well with your habitual custom of smelling your own farts while talking absolute shit. I guess that'd be the point number three.

So in short, you're conceding the point, despite the flaccid dissemblence... That works for me...

However, it's not like this point needs being made ... by now it's tantamount to beating a dead horse.

Well it's your horse... It's not how I'd treat it, but that's just me.

Pubes, I hate to break it to ya, but words do have meanings and just randomly stringing them together without knowing those meanings simply won't work for you. I don't need to 'dissemble' to show your immense idiocy and lack of basic logic and for most folks on USMB I don't even have to point it out. Hence the dead horse quip.

You truly seem to have a problem with basic reading comprehension and that I'm not saying in order to make light of the situation.

Forum List

Back