What does it mean when your monitor flashes red?

Do I have a major problem?
Yes, you have been hacked by the Russians.

Seriously, is it a flat screen or tube type? Does it eventually return to normal on its own or do you have to restart it? Does it flash only on the internet or does it flash offline as well? Have you recently done any updates to the programming?

The total meltdown of the left over heats the internetz. You need to install asbestos shield on your modem, don't worry if it is carcinogen or not, in California everything is known to be carcinogen anyway.

is this it?

First: Check your connections

Last edited:
Yes, you have been hacked by the Russians.

Seriously, is it a flat screen or tube type? Does it eventually return to normal on its own or do you have to restart it? Does it flash only on the internet or does it flash offline as well? Have you recently done any updates to the programming?
lol, I have a flat screen. It returns to normal on it''s own. I think it is on the internet only. I tried to do an adobe update, but it failed. Thank you for responding.

Contact the Catholics, get an exorcist.........
Like alex said, check your connections, your cable (HDMI?) may have come loose.
Also is it just red or does it also flash to green and blue? Does it flicker occasionally?
Flashing red green and blue means you have to do a factory reset (using the control buttons), flickering means a loose connection.

You've prob'ly picked up a virus, worm or trojan...

... they were common back in the early days of vx'ing...

... may be cycling back again.

You may have had McAfee anti virus and now it is biting you back.

They force you to renew or else their own Trojan horse virus kicks in.

Take the computer to Geek Squad at Best Buy Inc and they can fix it for you with a utility insert and an anti virus program.

Forum List

Back