Zone1 What Do You Think of Hitler's Paintings ?

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
If I were to write much of anything about the hundreds of paintings of Adolph Hitler, it would tend to influence people's answers to the question of the title of this thread. I'll just leave it at the title.

When responding, please state how many of Hitler's paintings you have seen (readily available for view on the internet), and what type they are (landscape, architecture, still life, etc).

He wasn't good enough to get into art school... after his rejection from Vienna Academy of Fine Arts, he turned his hand to global domination.
So you conclude he was not too good a painter ?

If I were to write much of anything about the hundreds of paintings of Adolph Hitler, it would tend to influence people's answers to the question of the title of this thread. I'll just leave it at the title.

When responding, please state how many of Hitler's paintings you have seen (readily available for view on the internet), and what type they are (landscape, architecture, still life, etc).

He couldn't paint people (portraits) at all. His landscapes look like "motel art"--they are decent renderings but lack the spirit good artists bring. This is why he was referred to architecture school and not art school.

I suspect not.
So there's one vote for bad. I will cast my vote now. I think they were exceptionally good, especially in the remarkable fineness of his architectural paintings, downright amazing in the detail. Also, there is quite a degree of tenderness displayed in a few of the paintings, such as in his painting Mother Mary with the Holy Child Jesus Christ (1913).

It might be noted that Hitler's paintings were done in the period of his youth, before he went int the army and World War 1, and he was probably a totally different person then, than what he became later in life. I suspected that people would post downgrading comments about Hitler's art, as a reflection of their dislike for him, rather than a real objective appraisal of the art itself.
It has been noted in some accounts, that when people are asked about Hitler art and told it was his, they most often belittle the art. When simply shown the paintings, and not told who the artist was, they invariably praise them as very good.

1655283698425.png

Last edited:
As a professional artist (painter) myself, I am a bit jealous of the nice technique displayed is some of the landscapes, particularly in foreground detail mixtures of values and color.

1655284819378.png

I think, if he were a better painter, it would have saved the world a whole lot of pain.
Nah...there would have been someone else.

It was just that time.

Maybe your clan would have gotten off a little easier...but it was that time.

Never seen them. He was a good tatoo designer

They should be burned.......

They are unremarkable.

He had trouble scaling the drawings properly. They were good for a rough draft quality but not final work when it requires it.

Have seen many of his drawings and a few paintings when I researched him years ago, he wasn't good enough to make a living with it.

He had trouble scaling the drawings properly. They were good for a rough draft quality but not final work when it requires it.

Have seen many of his drawings and a few paintings when I researched him years ago, he wasn't good enough to make a living with it.
Making a living with art rarely has anything to do with how "good" paintings are. It is more of a who you know, and how much money you have for promotion.
Plus, I don't know how you get > "He had trouble scaling the drawings properly"
His architectural paintings look more like photographs.

I am curious why you are discussing his crap? He started the worst war in history killing millions in the war and then, on top of that he murdered 15 million people….

Burn the trash……….

You guys should be ashamed….

Forum List

Back